X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baht Bus Route

Does anyone know what route the Baht buses take at the north end of Pattaya ie what soi do they run down from 2nd road to beach road??
    Mister Arse

Most Dark Blue Baht buses run the regular circular route from

Pattaya Tai (near Soi 13/4
    along 2nd Road past Pattaya Klang and on past Soi 6
    up to Dolphin Rotary (Pattaya North)
    Left to Beach Road
    along Beach Road to Walking St entrance

Fare 10 Baht

Buses do take other routes - Naklua/Jomtien BUT you would normally have to ask them to do that
    A number of Baht buses are parked up near Pattaya Tai which will take you to Jomtien (usually have a white stripe on the lower side sills.

Comment

Also sometimes they make a left turn before dolphin roundabout and head down one of the other Soi's at the top end of 2nd rd.

Comment

If it's empty it'll often turn around at soi 2 where I used to stay. If I was on the baht bus it would continue straight but if I was the last one on the bus and it dropped me off right before soi 2 it would then turn left. So there was no way I could get dropped off at my hotel for 10 baht.

Comment

(pentire @ Jul. 18 2009,11:45) Also sometimes they make a left turn before dolphin roundabout and head down one of the other Soi's at the top end of 2nd rd.
          And if you're really lucky you can find one going the wrong way down 2nd road!

Yep saw one two days ago doing just that. TIT!

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 18 2009,21:40)

If it's empty it'll often turn around at soi 2 where I used to stay.  If I was on the baht bus it would continue straight but if I was the last one on the bus and it dropped me off right before soi 2 it would then turn left.  So there was no way I could get dropped off at my hotel for 10 baht.  
            That explains it.....thanks for all responses
            Mister Arse

Comment

PD is correct as always...Sometimes they turn down Soi 2, sometimes they turn around at the
              gloretta and sometimes they kinda do whatever they want...

At the other end, when they turn down Pattaya Tai...sometimes they turn on Second Road,
              sometimes they go straight and sometimes (although rarely) they turn toward Jomtien...

Burenboy mentioned once that he thought the taxis with the white stripe took certain routes...
              I watched them one day, they seem to do whatever they want...

In my opinion it's kinda a crap shoot or coin flip....But you can always get off and get on another...
              If there is a pattern to their routing or an identifying mark on each taxi, I never figured it out...

But whatever you do...Don't ever talk to the driver before you get on...If you do, you just added
              100 baht to your ride...
              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 18 2009,18:57) I watched them one day, they seem to do whatever they want...

If there is a pattern to their routing or an identifying mark on each taxi, I never figured it out...
                Ahhhh, Now I understand what you were doing stood on the Junction of Pattaya Tai and Pratamnuk Rd with that clip board at 2 am

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 19 2009,00:57) But whatever you do... Don't ever talk to the driver before you get on... If you do, you just added 100 baht to your ride...
                  Wise words!

Comment

(rossco @ Jul. 18 2009,16:53) Buses do take other routes - Naklua/Jomtien BUT you would normally have to ask them to do that
                    A number of Baht buses are parked up near Pattaya Tai which will take you to Jomtien (usually have a white stripe on the lower side sills.
                    Buses make a regular run to Jomtien all the time. I've never had to ask. I also don't think it is the best idea to get on one of them parked south of Pattaya Tai. Better to just walk past them and flag one down. They all do not stop and park there waiting for a full load.

Also, if you get on a bus heading north on 2nd RD, you can't count on him turning back down beach road at the Dolphin. I was on one once that headed out Pattaya Nua, or toward Naklua, don't recall which one, it was a couple yrs ago, and had to stop him, get off and go back and get on another bus.

There are baht buses running on Soi Baukow too, and they have to come from somewhere, before heading south on Soi Baukow. The baht buses running north on Soi Baukow, what overall route do they follow?
                    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ Jul. 18 2009,18:53) There are baht buses running on Soi Baukow too, and they have to come from somewhere, before heading south on Soi Baukow. The baht buses running north on Soi Baukow, what overall route do they follow?
                      The baht busses running south on Soi Buckhao gennerally turn right on Pattaya Tai and the I assume they turn right on 2nd Road and rigt on Pattaya Klang and then right agin on Buckhao to complete the route.

I have no idea where the ones going north on Soi Buckhao come from.

I also think there may be more baht busses going south on Soi Buckhao than north.

Comment

The buses coming south on Soi Buakhao turn right on Pattaya Tai unless they have the traffic control
                        barrier up and then they obvously turn left...after that I have no idea...

The buses coming north on Soi Buakhao come from Pattaya Tai and they get there from Beach Road
                        or Second Road...

The buses going north on Soi Buakhao generally turn left on Pattaya Klang but don't count on it...
                        If they turn left they go down to Beach Road unless they decide to turn right on Second Road...

Confused...I don't even understand what I just wrote...

I think they write their routes in the morning with a stick in the sand at low tide...

Just press the damn buzzer and get off and get on another one going the direction you think
                        you want to go and think the bus might go...

Or, take a damn motorbike taxi...
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Cost of a MB taxi to Jomtien anyone? I have to make a trip across to Sally Bar at the end of Aug and am ignorant in the ways of Pattaya .
                          I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ Jul. 19 2009,16:29) Cost of a MB taxi to Jomtien anyone?
                            MB will be happy to pick you up with his taxi if you buy him a drink at Sallys.
                            Lost in Space!

Comment

Ivor

See Lefty's post. So you are at the intersection of Second Road and Pattaya Tai - facing South. Pattaya Tai to the Beach on your right. Walk straight across and you will see a line of Baht Buses. - as Lefty says wlak past them and flag/hail a bus - just check he is going to Jomtien. In Jomtien as the baht goes along Beach Front look for Soi 5.

Ring bell and alight - 10 or maybe 20 Baht. Sallys' is 100 Meters up on your left

Personally I avoid the MB taxis, especially on longer runs, as your life expectancy MAY decrease with each journey and I have never understood their tariff which is represented by the number of fingers presented to you - not sure what he does for 100 Baht or more!

Comment

Working...
                              X