Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning a Pattaya Grand Tour...

Hello Gents

This is a purely selfish request, but it might make a fun mission/competition for some of you old Pattaya hands, should you choose to accept it.

Let's say I have one day in town, starting after lunch and extending till dawn, and I want to make a non-stop, lb-related Grand Tour. Given your knowledge of opening/closing times, when places liven up/go dead, the timing of any shows and promotional offers or happy hours, etc, can you design the perfect itinerary?

Bear in mind this isn't some whistlestop, see-it-tick-it-off sprint, but a leisurely exploration of the town, with time to savour and occasionally sample what's on offer. That said, within reason, the more venues the better. Feel free to include Sunnee, Naklua or Jomtien if you think they're worth fitting in.

Not just I, but future generations will thank you - at least until the bars all change...

Everyday in Pattaya is perfect...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Except in them days a few years back when those US carrier groups would land 18,000 sailors in South Pattaya  
      That made for some stiff competition  

Send Rossco a message, he'll drive you around in his 4x4

Comment

I haven't searched (after all, who does?   ) ... but I recall a previous thread describing such a tour.  Socrates999 contributed (may have started the thread) and Mr Oracle Rossco would be an excellent guide.

Bear in mind this isn't some whistlestop, see-it-tick-it-off sprint, but a leisurely exploration of the town, with time to savour and occasionally sample what's on offer
        This is one day in Pattaya .... 'leisurely' could be a challenge  
        TT

Comment

Thanks

No disrespect, but I find the "search" very hit or miss on this site.

For example, this was originally posted (with a different title) in the Pattaya forum. When I didn't see it there, or the "New Members" where I thought it might have been moved, I tried to find it using, variously, keywords, my original title and my username. No luck with any of them.

Stumbled across it here by accident.

Thanks anyway (and actually some of my implied questions have been covered on a "What time do the bars open" thread that is still in the Pattaya forum).

Comment

The main plan about Pattaya is never make a plan...

I guess you could start off with a leisurely afternoon ST or two in Soi 6, a few games of pool in Pook Bar in the same street, some early libations (and a ST) in La Bamba, browse the sausage exhibition at SF, pop round for an ogle and more at Obs and end up with a a banging night at Ezy or Family Bar until the wee small hours...

Having said that, TIT, and you could quite as easily be back in your hotel room dancing the horizontal samba after a chance encounter in 7/11...

Comment

My GRAND pattaya tour would start and end in Phuket

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

As some guys have said the fun part of Pattaya is finding the hidden gem.

Certainly lots of good advice so far - I would print off the Pattaya LB Bar Map as a start. You should see it at the beginning of Pattaya Bars Topic.

Soi 6 is really an afternoon venue. HiBoss, Pook, So What and numerous other bars with 1/2 LBs
                Soi 7/8 - late evening 10/11 ish or VERY late
                Soi Yamoto is early evening - Stringfellows/La Bamba
                Soi 13/4 Kitten Club/Obsessions
                Walking St (EZY Bar/Lindas/JSB) after midnight
                Naklua (Family Bar/Nice Bar) Late evening
                Jomtien - Sally's - early evening 6 onwards
                Soi Bukhouw - Pook/Blue Room

Then add in all the various cabarets - Malibu, Hema, Cha la la etc

Then take a well earned holiday

Comment

buy some condoms and listerine on arrival, eat some excellent food and then proceed to take a walk, the thais really have made it that easy for us....

enjoy yourself, luckybastard-
                  hilbie paratodos

Comment

Working...
                  X