X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar 54, Jomtien

Back in '08, Bar 54 on Soi Whitehouse in Jomtien had a gaggle of ladyboy activity.  It's where Pookie started her career.  And was a favorite oasis for many Forum members.

Fell on hard times in '09 as many staff members left for the big leagues in Pattaya.

Called in there tonight for old times sake and discovered seven ladyboys are now working there.  Good music at the proper volume and always a nice cool breeze from the ocean.  

No pressure whatsoever from the girls to buy any ladydrinks whatsoever.  But a nice idea to pay the bin to the girl who's been most attentive and slip some baht in her hand instead of leaving it in the change folder.

The happy hour which lasts till 9PM has expat friendly prices:

Mekhong/mixer 35 baht
    SangSom/mixer 40 baht
    Tiger, local beers  40 baht      

For big spenders, Heineken is 50 baht.      

We left shortly after 9 PM but in the old days everything was 10 baht more after happy hour.

Warning, don't order San Miguel Light as for some reason it's priced ridiculously high.

Also walked past PartyTime in Jomtien Complex but there's no longer ladyboys there and no longer Heineken/San Mig for 40 baht 24/7.

Another exclusive report from your concierge on the ground.

excellent info, thanks!

I like the beer prices.

Bring your camera next time!
    or...
    I'll bring mine! hehe.

Comment

Beer is always cheap. Doesnt help a Jack and Coke man.
      TEXASMAC

Comment

(PigDogg @ May 14 2010,02:07) For big spenders, Heineken is 50 baht...
        SHEMALE.CENTER
        World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Good update PigDog.

The problem with cheaper beer is can the bar afford to operate.
          Tiger costs 30 Baht wholesale so to sell for 40 baht you need to sell a heck of a lot of beer to cover overheads:

Rent
          Salaries
          Utilities
          Sundries (Ice etc)
          Profit

Maybe that is why the venue in Jomtien Complex went South.
          I agree about tipping the girls - certainly at this time of year (especially this year) they need it.

711 & Minimart can sell beer cheap as it is not their leading product line and they are not serving it!
          How was Sallys?

Comment

(rossco @ May 13 2010,21:37) Tiger costs 30 Baht wholesale so to sell for 40 baht you need to sell a heck of a lot of beer to cover overheads:

Mickey's (no ladyboys) at New Plaza charges 35 baht for Tiger  24/7 but unlike Bar 54 they make it up with big volume.    

But it really doesn't matter too much how low the price is if it's not a place where you want to drink.  But if you want to watch football at 6AM Mickey's is a good spot.

The pool tables at 20 baht a pop are a big profit center for Bar 54.  They own their tables so all the pool revenue drops to the bottom line.

Sally's was slow.  Btw-The big bargain at Sally's is bringing your own bottle since the corkage fee is only 100 baht.

Bar 54 rejoins LaBamba, EZY, and Sally's as my favorite ladyboy bars.

Comment

I was staying in Jomtien 12/13 May, but 'under the radar' so to speak (with my LB from BKK). Sorry to miss you PD, as we ventured to Sallys about 8pm on Thursday ... 'quiet' was an understatement.  Then into Jomtien Complex where we found a good thai food place...... but that area made Sallys seem like it was buzzing! As I was in company, probably a good thing I saved Bar 54 for another night

Will be back in  Pattaya on 15th, but this time will have my transponder working  
              TT

Comment

(PigDogg @ May 14 2010,02:07) Back in '08, Bar 54 on Soi Whitehouse in Jomtien had a gaggle of ladyboy activity.  It's where Pookie started her career.  And was a favorite oasis for many Forum members.
                Thanks for the update PigDogg.

Great to hear things have picked up.

Have managed to 'dig up' a few photos from August 2008 when I visited Bar 54 with you.

I think the girl in the first photo has plenty of potential...

Cheers
                Koykaeng
                Attached Files
                Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Working...
                X