Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been to Patts and only once to Bkk. Bkk seemed very safe. I was walking around by myself 2-3 in the morning, and never feared for my safety. I would definitely think twice about doing that in Patts, based solely upon these news articles and also trip reports.

Comment

I have never had any trouble in Pattaya from Thais. But I also don't hang around Beach Road at 2 am or later.

I also don't get pissed in bars unless I am with friends who can keep a eye on me.

In fact I find it quite easy to do business in Pattaya if you have good Thai contacts.

I belong to Rotary and Lions and these contacts are gold when it comes to weaving through red tape.

My best contacts have been with Thai-Indians.

The only time I ever got robbed in Pattaya was when I had a bar/cafe in Cosy Beach from 1998 to 2002.

I ran the business through a Thai-Indian mate of mine. He was above board. We got caught when we had to stick a farang manager in for a period of 9 months.

And no the farang was not Australian.

Good bye yellow brick road. We went down the shitter quicker then you know what.

Got caught once and will never get caught again.

Pattaya is no worse then Australia's Gold Coast, Sydney or Brisbane. In fact if you are level headed and prepared to play the game you can make more money in Pattaya.

If you are there for fun, there are far worse fun towns then Pattaya.

As Stoogie says hang around Beach Road at 2am and you are asking for trouble and that is the realty in most cities of any part of the World.

Every day in Brisbane someone gets bashed, robbed or high headed after the night club's close. Every week women are getting spatt at, purse's ripped of on public transport in front of others and teanagers are getting the shit kicked out of them for dressing differant. Read the crime reports every week in the local suburban newspapers(similar to Pattaya News) and you would have second thoughts on walking out your front door.

The reality is that more stuff gets reported as there are more media to feed the frenzy. The stats in Brisbane actually point to a decrease in crime as Brisbanes population has rocketted.

I would not be surprised if the figures in Pattaya if accurate , eventually show similar decreases due to population increases.

To me Pattaya is not a bad place. Beats Manchester in winter or Alice Springs in summer.

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Feb. 21 2007,14:35) Some nice discrimination.

Can you imagine them apprehending women prostitutes? I believe I read there are some 200,000++ in Pattaya. They arrest LBs because they can.
        How about gays, Ziggy?

Comment

I have been living in Pattaya for the last six months in a very nice serviced apartment complex located in one of the areas which always gets it's share of bad press (3rd Road) however, I am yet to encounter or witness any trouble from other people.
          And this is a bloke who frequently returns back to base around 3-5am on the back of a motor bike.

Comment

(gr1mr3ap3r @ Feb. 21 2007,10:43) Ha ha, I like the part that states: "Police apprehended 158 lady boys of differing beauty." Wouldn't want to be caught picking favorites!

Thought that was hilarious too. But what about the 10 percent of the people arrested after investigation turned out to be officially female. Talk about insulting the female ego, bet they were more than pissed off..."me no ladyboy"  

Comment

Pattaya News is daily reading for me! I love the stories and the hype, always somebody dying, committing suicide (because they ran out of money or for LOVE), a body found floating here or there, ladyboy theft or stopping theft (in Rose's case). Just a place to go to keep up on my favorite place.

There just seems to be a lot more farang crime lately. And if they think those two Russian women were shot by a Thai and he did not even take their money or cell phones then they are on Yaba.

I have also never seen any of this, except for a gold snatch last year. When all of those people are put in one area you are bound to have some excitement.

And the best part is the pictures of the victims pointing to the accused.

Comment

(Masahiko @ Feb. 26 2007,06:19) Pattaya News is daily reading for me!  I love the stories and the hype, always somebody dying, committing suicide (because they ran out of money or for LOVE), a body found floating here or there, ladyboy theft or stopping theft (in Rose's case).  

And the best part is the pictures of the victims pointing to the accused.
                Gotta love the writing style too
                You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

i feel safer in pattaya than in england

Comment

Finishing the last beer at Golden Beer Bar, across from Nana Plaza, the GGs and LBs are milling about in the parking lot when a truck load of cops pull up. The girl next to me says they need some money watch this. The next thing you know their chasing LBs across the lot,they collar two and into the pickup and off they go. Another big bust of the crime ridden Nana Hotel Parking lot.

Comment

A friend of mine told me today she was "copped" for a 1000baht token of gesture to a policeman the other night  on Sukhumvit
                      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Love the new avatar Dave
                        Roger taught me all his acting skills  

Comment

love the    

Roger Moore is in fact my favourite actor, must be the

Thought he was the best 007 too

Dave...
                          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Yeah Dave, he's a cat.
                            Met him in 1980, too smooth.

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Feb. 27 2007,03:20)    love the    

Roger Moore is in fact my favourite actor, must be the    

Thought he was the best 007 too

Dave...
                              rogers the man the man with the golden gun filmed in phuket and nice safari suit too
                              Attached Files

Comment

The worst Bond by a long way. Even Timothy Dalton was better.

Best Bond : Sean Connery
                                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                                X