X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach road closed to Traffic on Weekends

So how do you deal with the congestion on beach road at the weekend? Easy - just close it and thats whats happening from 1st January. Quite where all the traffic is going to go remains to be seen, not to mention all the people who want to get from soi 2 area down to Walking street. Sometimes, I am still totally amazed at how little thought is given to these policies and of course, its being introduced at the busiest time of the year. Maybe we can expect to see countless food stalls and memorabilia shops appearing at dusk to provide much needed refreshment for the foolhardy who walk the entire bay as they will have little other choice. Apparently that quiet street known as second road is going to be made 2 way at the weekends. One wonders what will happen to anyone trying to check into a hotel on say soi 12 with suitcases etc - looks like your going to be walking a fair distance. with the changes to second road, all the traffic lights will be need to be re-set for the total of 3 days, then re-set again when one way traffic flows resume.

I give it a week before they come to realise its a dumb idea.

Cheers
    Mardhi

my first instinct would be too say that is too stupid to be true, but...alas...I know nothing is too stupid.

Thank god I am out of there before New Years Eve.

( this isn't just New Years eve. this is EVERY weekend in 2008 ?? ouch my brain hurtz )
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

way back when the olympics were held in los angeles, to accommodate the extraordinary flow of traffic, all the freeways and major roadways were transformed *into* oneway routes. the result: the smoothest, quickest flowing traffic in local history.
      to do the *reverse* is, well, is... TIT.

Comment

Yes, its true.  They have tried this once a few weekends ago and what a Cluster *uck that was.

Here is how that worked out.  When in effect they closed down Beach Road and all Soi leading to it.  So, not as if you could sneak down a bit closer to the beach.

They had barricades on each Soi and small cones along Second road to seperate the flow of two-way traffic along second road.  One could walk faster than travel by car and a motorbike was not any faster.  They opened up one lane to handle the normal beach road traffic on second road.    

I am not sure but I think the plan is for high season only.
        Any rate hope the above gives you a picture and helps you plan.  Good Luck Guys
        You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(mardhi @ Dec. 23 2007,13:31) Apparently that quiet street known as second road is going to be made 2 way at the weekends.
          Well this will be interesting..... Now with all the traffic accidents 2nd road is famous for... introduce some more confusion into the mix and now traffic moving in both directions...  and twice that traffic that 2nd road normally gets€¦ and people driving drunk all the time€¦. What possibly could go wrong here?

Do not attempt€¦ Professional cartoon stunt driver.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,
            This stupidity was tried about 3 years ago, closing beach road. Apart from the chaos it caused, very few people knew about it including many hotel guests. I had a hot LB waiting for me in Walking Street, she waited a long time because I was in Soi 6.  

But this road closure only last one weekend, the idiots in the Pattaya Coucil realized what f***up it was.  

But TIT.

Comment

I think I will stay in BKK after all .....   unfuckingbelievable  
              TT

Comment

i wonder how many people will get run over on 2nd rd. before they come to their senses.....this will also create a shit fight on soi buakhow
                happy when in thailand

Comment

(donnykey @ Dec. 23 2007,20:21) i wonder how many people will get run over on 2nd rd. before they come to their senses.....this will also create a shit fight on soi buakhow
                  Nobody will get run as traffic is at a crawl. Yes, Soi Buakhow was a parking lot last time too.

Comment

The original proposal is not workable.

But closing Beach Road from Pattaya Klang onward to all but baht busses might not be a bad idea.

This could be counterbalnced by making Sou Buckao one way.

There should also be pedestrian walkways over 2nd Road and other strategic locations.

My most expensive proposal would be a tunnel where traffic heading west on Pattaya Tia could be funneled north onto 2nd Road instead of making right at the intersection(those turning left could continue to do so).  Combine this with forcing the baht bus only trafic from Beach Road to turn left at 2nd road into a protected lane and the lights could be green at that intersection 24/7.  

Or you could have a Sex Express Monorail starting at Soi 6 with Stops at Soi 7-8, Soi 13-1, Walking Street, and ending at Sunee Plaza.      

Comment

Great Ideas.
                      Lets put You on the Polls for the New PM  
                      Care to Join the PPP Party?

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Dec. 23 2007,09:49) Care to Join the PPP Party?
                        No I back the FRT (Farang Rak Thai) party.

Party on!

Comment

(donnykey @ Dec. 23 2007,20:21) ...this will also create a shit fight on soi buakhow
                          Oh great, guess I will have to grab a beer near the corner of Soi Buakhao/Diana/Lengkee and watch the madness.
                          xyzzy

Comment

(xyzzy @ Dec. 26 2007,19:43)
                            (donnykey @ Dec. 23 2007,20:21) ...this will also create a shit fight on soi buakhow
                            Oh great, guess I will have to grab a beer near the corner of Soi Buakhao/Diana/Lengkee and watch the madness.
                            xyzzy....that location is where i'm staying....a beer at the stereo watching the shit fight/madness...cheers donnykey
                            happy when in thailand

Comment

Working...
                            X