X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok-Pattaya Highway

Driving down yesterday from BKK to Pattaya and noticed how fast they are getting the new sections open - in a week, they have opened up 3 important bridges or sections.    Very soon, the entire stretch of 2 lane each way highway will be complete and consist of 4 lanes in each directions with for the most part, local roads on the side of the main highway.   The original motorway to Chonburi is virtually complete already and the old crappy road between Chonburi and Lam Chabang is probably 2-3 months away from total completion.   The highway from Lam Chabang to Pattaya itself has always been good, albeit only 3 lanes but the main traffic is to the port, so its not to critical - the raised overpasses should also be finished within 3 months from what I can see.

Also appears all of it will be lit at night which must be a first in Thailand as far as a regional highway is concerned - most of what I have seen are totally dark.    

Realistically its going to make the journey from airport to Pattaya achievable in an hour.   Only problem then will be dealing with the gridlock within the city itself, but I suppose its a step by step process.

So its all looking for Pattaya in the future as far as transportation is concerned.  

Cheers
    Mardhi

(mardhi @ Dec. 23 2007,15:53) Only problem then will be dealing with the gridlock within the city itself...
    Well thats easy !!
    I will just take the express train to the airport
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

On a real highway kick this weekend, eh, Mardhi
      Probably best for this in the Fishbox or Living in Thailand Forums
      You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

a bullet train from on nut skytrain to pattaya would be a wonderful welcome.
        imagine a trip to pattaya in 30 minutes?
        it would help the authorities funnel all those seeking naughty nightlife out of bangkok on weekends.
        it would then be feasible to go to pattaya much the way you choose nana or patpong.

Comment

Working...
        X