Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best + Worst Times of Year for Pattaya?

Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum - and I also want to add that I love it. I've been obsessed with LB's for years, and dated (non-p4p) a few in NYC, where I live, but - personality wise, especially - it's been very disappointing!

So...I've decided to jet to Pattaya (BKK) asap, as I need to experience this. I felt so totally lost about the idea before discovering this forum.

ANYWAY...I was originally planning to go there (especially to Guess, from what is written here) in July.

But then the thought occurred to me, is that a mistake to plan for a summer month? a) because it might be ungodly hot (I'm not a heatmeister) and b) is it packed like sardines. I suddenly imagined the poor fools that plan a trip to Disneyland in July, and it's like spending all one's money to be in a heard of cattle waiting for the slaughter...endless lines, screaming parents, etc.

Now I know we're talking about a different world here, but is there in fact a 'best time of year' to plan for maximum LB selection, things like that?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts if any can be offered.

Just to straighten you out, BKK is Bangkok, Pattaya is a sea side resort 2 hours drive South of Bangkok (hence the nickname 'Sodom by the Seashore').

Any time of the year is good. July here is actually the beginning of the Rainy season - which means occasional big rains, but often cooler weather, breezes and some cloud cover. Thailand will be better than NYC for July and August.
    Tourist wise its what we call 'low season' which means less tourists (eg more girls) than during the xmas holiday High Season.

Buy a book, do some research on Thailand - there is a lot more than just LBs.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Hey Snick, thank you for the info, that's a big help.  I'd like to buy a round for that one, in July

ps - I actually meant that I'd like to see both BKK and Pattaya (mostly Pattaya).  And you are right about Thailand in general, I'm sure...I really can't wait.

Comment

I'm always here. Unless I decide to visit New York in June or July !
        If you are coming out here for more than a week or two, look at a tourist book and find the places you want to go - do NOT plan a giant itinerary and book things in advance - it is incredibly easy to get around Thailand, so keep things flexible.

If you are lucky you might find an LB you like and decide to travel around with her - That is what I did on my 2nd trip to Thailand and it was a great time.

for travel within Thailand look at airasia.com, bangkok airways and Nok air.

Comment

Is there ever a bad time to get laid?

So go when you can get the time off. The big cost is the flight so when deciding how long to stay go with the longer trip/

Join United Mileage Plus as you can put United, Thai, and Singapore miles into that account.

When paying I like the Thai non-stop from JFK, but when redeeming mikes I like Singapore Air out of Newark and tacking on Bali at no extra charge.

Have fun!

Comment

Thanks! That actually is my pipe dream, the GFE thing Snick mentioned. It's just the way I am naturally.  who knows, i guess...it's possible.

I think July it definately IS, though!

Comment

The short answer is that there is no bad season to visit Thailand. In the months around December the temperature is best but it's also the most crowded tourist-wise and hotel rates go up.
              But even during the other months when it can get really hot you'll find that business have found ways to make the tourists comfortable with A/C in most clubs and plenty of fans in the open air bars. Plus bars often have a supply of cold towels to cool you off quickly and plenty of ladies to apply the towels. In short you'll find that Thai businesses have adapted better to the heat than businesses in NYC.
              The only time to avoid is the Songkran holiday (which is mid-April -- it varies each year but you can find the date for 2008 with a google search). Songkran is a week long water battle (in Pattaya at least) and it's just annoying to get soaked completely through when you start out for an evening of fun.

Comment

(FB-lover! @ Dec. 22 2007,21:21) That actually is my pipe dream, the GFE thing Snick mentioned.  It's just the way I am naturally.  who knows, i guess...it's possible.
                In the LOS these dreams are EASY to turn into reality.

I've traveled with a few different lbs; the GFE is nice.

First few days hit the ground running and bed as many as you can from the different Pattaya bars.

If there's one you click with suggest 2-3 nights on Ko Samet.  It's a good first getaway.

If that goes well then on trip 2 you can do more extensive traveling with her (or others).

You're going to have a blast!  

Comment

(johnlbx @ Dec. 23 2007,12:28) The only time to avoid is the Songkran holiday (which is mid-April -- it varies each year but you can find the date for 2008 with a google search). Songkran is a week long water battle (in Pattaya at least) and it's just annoying to get soaked completely through when you start out for an evening of fun.
                  I love Songkron - but I can understand that others might not

The dates are always the same, officially April 13-15. And thats when it is celebrated in Bangkok. Chiang Mai and the north usually starts a week earlier; Pattaya celebrates it officially on 19-20; but water play starts on the 13th.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Dec. 23 2007,12:17) Join United Mileage Plus as you can put United, Thai, and Singapore miles into that account.

When paying I like the Thai non-stop from JFK, but when redeeming mikes I like Singapore Air out of Newark and tacking on Bali at no extra charge.
                    but DO NOT FLY United. Fly Thai, direct out of JFK 17 hours or Japan Airlines out of JFK/Newark via Tokyo. Singapore airlines is great, but the transiting thru singapore adds to much time for my tastes.

You can also buy clothes here incredible cheap, so unless you hard to fit. Pack very light and go shopping.

Comment

Working...
                    X