X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamai, Koh Samui?

i plan to spend 10 days in lamai beach, i have been there about 6 years ago, i think all is changed someone known about ladyboy action in lamai???
    i only remember a small cabaret with 4 or 5 lb,
    thanks

I was at that Caberet myself in May, good entertainment and free except if you "tip" the girls which is only fair
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Besides the cabaret try to Rat Bars, there are 5 of them with varying number of ladyboys. Of course some of the beer bars may have a secret ladyboy.

Highly recommend the Marina Beach Resort (not Marina Villa). It's an exceptional value compared to the other hotels in Lamai.

Tel.0 7723 3116
      you *might* have to add an 8 to this number after the 0.
      e-mail: [email protected]

No website but they send you an Excel spreadsheet with the info which I can forward you via email if interested. Rooms are great but their marketing is poor.

Comment

The old lb show at the banana boat bar has now moved close to the fusion disco (about 15m into the alley at fusion). The show is now sadly quite boring but alot of lbs (dancers & freelancers) hang out outside late at night (read: after 01.30 or so when the bars start to close). Behind fusion is also the greatest of the (very few) bars that stay open all night, Lek bar. Lek is a nice fellow who has a long history of running bars in lamai...good place for a nice late beer (no Chang, sorry, only Singh and Tiger).

Best value in lamai currently is most probably perfect resort, opposite weekender, 800-1000ish THB / Night depending if high or low season. Stylish & new. No problem with guests, swimming in the pool late etc. and very close to everything (~150m to the round bars and fusion), the beach is perhaps 50m away, just go across the street and through weekender resort).

http://samuilink.com/business_direct...aiperfect.html

The rest of the bars is hit and miss if you search for lbs. There is one gay bar on the main bar street (moon street) but no lbs there. Just walk around and have a look, sometimes you can see nice lbs at the round bars too opposite fusion.

Rundown on bar areas:
        1) Round bars opposite fusion (OK kind of place, most ppl incl. the ladyboys gather here at fusion after 02.00)
        2) New "Walking street" between fusion and the main crossroads in lamai, some round bars at the end (I don't like it for some reason)
        3) Moon street after you pass the crossroad, first alley on the right after the crossroad if you come from fusion walking on the beach road. This is a seedy area and hence great Perhaps 0.5 lbs/bar on an average. Good place to spend time (=drink) and when these bars close go fusion/Lek bar.

Other nice places in lamai when you finally find a lövely girl:

-Smooth Pub close to the crossroads (live music)
        -Bikini bar on the beach (Jamaican ribs). Beside this place they also have a small Thai restaurant with good Som Tam.
        -Shamrock Irish bar (mainly for the Ovada show band, don't miss that!)
        -"Silver beach" (forget the Thai name), which is the small semi-romantic beach at the Silver beach resort just outside lamai on the road towards Chaweng. 3-4 minutes from lamai centre with a motobike taxi. Just go through the resort to access the beach. Falang is sadly on the increase on this lövely beach, though.
        -Lamai beach. Walk along the beach from lamai wanta and go south. When you reach the cliffs there are stairs at (inside) the last resort there and if you follow these you'll get straight to the famous hin ta / hin yai rocks with a wönderful sunset view. On the beach you will pass a nice reggae bar, basically a hut with some chairs...very nice & laid-back place, ask for the young lb who used to work there...

Comment

(molk @ Jul. 19 2008,06:33) Best value in lamai currently is most probably perfect resort, opposite weekender, 800-1000ish THB / Night depending if high or low season. Stylish & new. No problem with guests, swimming in the pool late etc.  and very close to everything (~150m to the round bars and fusion), the beach is perhaps 50m away, just go across the street and through weekender resort).

http://samuilink.com/business_direct...aiperfect.html
          Perfect Resort

I can't get the link to work and I can't find the place by googling. Do you have any way to a web page?
          Dodging the slingbacks and 'arrowsments of outrageous fortune hunters

Comment

Molk, Sounds like you know the Lamai scene pretty well. What's your opinion of the Marina Beach Resort and the Wanta?

Comment

I can chip in with a solid two thumbs up for Wanta. First class all the way and real close to the bars with still being quiet at the hotel. No problems with joiners and staff are super friendly.
              Excellent beach too.

Comment

I totally agree about the Wanta stayed there a lot and also has an excellent resturant and infinity pool. Wifi in rooms too... great place

Comment

Working...
                X