X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting from Krabi to Phuket

Planning a trip to Krabi, but figure that Phuket is so close-by that it wouldn't hurt to go there as well. As of now, my plans are to fly to Krabi first via Air Asia and then head to Phuket and fly out of the airport there.

However, my dilemma is figuring out which is the best way to get from Krabi to Phuket? I haven't seen any posts about this recently and looking at the net I saw something about ferries, but the site hadn't been updated for awhile. So any help would be appreciated.
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Boats or Cars, pick the one you like the best.

There are not so many ferries and they don't run the dark hours, so then you have to go by car.
    Ferries from Ao Nang Beach to Phuket takes abt. 2 hours [350 baht one way, includes a free shuttle service to Phuket Town]

A private car will set you back about 1500 Baht (takes around 1.5 hour), think I have the number to a driver from Ao Nang, PM me and I will try to find it.

more info on => http://www.krabi.com/

-T

Comment

Never done the direct ferry but have gone from phuket to phi phi, then phi phi to krabi, that was 8 years back!

It is worth bearing in mind if your not much of a sea faring type, it can get pretty choppy out there!

Time wise the car is a hell of a lot quicker, but if the weather is good it would be hard to beat the boat!
      This time last year we had a really rough crossing from phi phi to phuket, lots of people , and rather hard to walk around due to the roll of the boat!
      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

By boat, 2 hours to Phi Phi, then 2 hours to Phukhet.
        Spend the night in Phi Phi.

I'm thinking about the same trip
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

mini Bus from Phuket to Krabi about 500baht...takes about 4-5 hours ...left Phuket 7.30am and arrived Krabi about 12.30 pm.....

Not too much ladyboy action In Krabi....

dont know if i would do it again....

did the trip 6 weeks ago

Comment

I'm with Todd on this, take the ferry from phuket direct to Ao nang area or vice versa (actually a jeep ride away).

It's only a 2 hour ride - i done it before and it was a well organised & enjoyable trip.

From memory i think the direct service may only be available during the busier times of the year so you will need to check.

I've done the car trip as well and its a nice drive through the Krabi landscape.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

If you stay in Ao nang (recommended for island hopping) check out Luna Bar at Nopparat Beach.

This place rocks on past 12 to about 4 am from memory - lots of fun.

This beach is next to Ao nang - you can actually walk to this place...or spend about 40baht on a motor taxi to get door to door service.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 27 2008,15:39) By boat, 2 hours to Phi Phi, then 2 hours to Phukhet.
                Spend the night in Phi Phi.

I'm thinking about the same trip
                Then perhaps we should coordinate! I'll going in mid-Jan. You?
                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Thanks Todd, Marshall, and Azza for the input. I'm glad to hear that it appears fairly easy to get from one place to the other. Still debating the best course of action but I appreciate all the input. You guys rock!

Comment

Hmmm, Jan or Feb was what I was thinking....let me know your dates. My plan was Phuket first, grab a girl take her to Phi Phi, then to Krabi/Koh Lanta/Railaiy Beach

Comment

I once took the ferry to Phi Phi, stayed a few days, then took another one to Krabi, stayed a few days and then flew back to Phuket..... the flight is less than an hour and costs around 3000 baht I would guess; the Krabi airport is tiny and has only a handful of flights per day.
                      Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Earlier post i mentioned going from phuket to phi phi then on to krabi, we flew into phuket and out of krabi, you are right to think krabi airport is tiny, because it is! At least your luggage should arrive though!
                        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Krabi = boring and I thought Ao Nang beach, while nice, was nothing special

there are way better beaches on Phuket Island

Maybe with a date Krabi would be better, more fun .... but who knows, I always travel alone. Wouldn't go back.

Comment

For me Krabi is just the starting point, I usually go to
                            -Railay Beach ,a lot of fun, kind of the same atmosphere of Koh Phangnan.
                            -Koh Lanta is very laid back, with beautiful empty beaches

But neither is a place to find any action, but in my case I go alone....because I want to be alone.

Comment

well, frankly that's why I travel anywhere, to be on my own and do what *I* choose to do, not what someone else wants on their holiday .....I couldn't even imagine bringing a ladyboy from BKK or Phuket for a week somewhere or even 2 or 3 days, I am sure after a few hours I'd want to strangle her and send her back home.

to paraphrase that old coot Lloyd Bentsen to the lightweight Dan Quayle; "I've been to Railay beach; it's no Phan-Gan"  LOL

BTW -  you can also get direct flights to BKK from Krabi, probably one or 2 go there per day, same as to Phuket.  So someone who has had enough of that area could do; Phuket to Pi Pi by boat, boat to Lanta, boat to Krabi, and then straight back to BKK, something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X