X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattaya vs. Phuket

Planning a trip, and it will be my first time to the LOS, maybe for Oct this year. Flying out Central USA. #1 reason going will be for the beach, fun in the sun,  and a bit of diving. (#2 reason is not that far behind though   )Torn between Phuket and Pattaya.  Have a few questions...

1] Which is better, for LB...  for GG? I like the idea of LT as a guide a lot.

2] Which is better for non-nightlife tourist type actities? Temples, beach, museums, Restaurants, etc... (I can shop at home so that's too much of a draw for me unless its really unique.)

3] Wanting to do some diving while there. Which would have better access to the good sites? I've heard that Phuket beaches are a bit better.  True?

4] Which is easier to get to? I would prefer to fly directly, but realize this may, or may not be possible without layover of a day or so in BKK.

I have a couple of books on the subject, but would like to hear opinions from people first hand.

I will only be there for a week or so... and I'm a bit anal (no pun intended) so I really want to plan ahead as much as I can.  Do not intend to have every minute planned, just getting a lay of the land, so to speak.

Thanx for any input you can give.

Either, Phuket, Phuket, Either.

Comment

1] Which is better, for LB...  for GG? I like the idea of LT as a guide a lot.
      Pattaya wins without a doubt, more LB's & GG's than you can poke your stick at, although certainly sufficient action in Phuket to keep you amused.

2] Which is better for non-nightlife tourist type actities? Temples, beach, museums, Restaurants, etc... (I can shop at home so that's too much of a draw for me unless its really unique.)
      Actually Bangkok wins for Restaurants, Temples, shopping and general sightseeing.   Plenty of restaurants in Phuket and Pattaya.

3] Wanting to do some diving while there. Which would have better access to the good sites? I've heard that Phuket beaches are a bit better.  True?
      Phuket is the place to go for beaches, Pattaya's beaches suck.  So if it's diving you're interested in, head to Phuket.

4] Which is easier to get to? I would prefer to fly directly, but realize this may, or may not be possible without layover of a day or so in BKK.
      Alot of airlines fly direct to Phuket, whereas to get to Pattaya, you would fly to Bangkok and then travel by road for 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Personally, I find Phuket an overpriced, over developed shit hole, but thats just me !

Based on what you've outlined above, Phuket should suit you perfectly.

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

...only diving in Pattaya is muff diving........divers do it deeper and stay down longer.
        ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

Working...
        X