Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations in Phuket please

Hey guys

I will be returning to Phuket in early December - my fourth visit in as many years - with the intent of taking a 14-day diving course in the daytime and enjoying good clean fun at night

Of course, the C&D and soi Crocodile scene is familiar (I have been lucky in the past to enjoy the company of some of the best Patong has to offer - among them Ming, Mint, Witnee, etc)

That said, I would appreciate suggestions from local residents or recent visitors for

- a hotel with gym or fitness club access / nearby

- new bars & LB talent I should look for

- cabarets or dance clubs to go on a date with same

For any other Phuket visitors during this time, lets meet up - first cold one is on me

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance

On my last visit I stayed at the Yorkshire Inn on Soi Sansabi. The Tailife Heath and Fitness center is about a minute walk from the hotel. It's a private club but they offer discounts if staying at most of the local hotels/guest houses. They offer daily/weekly/monthly rates. It's a fairly new gym and well equiped. I found Soi Sansabi to be a good location, its quiet but only a 5-10 minute walk from all the action.

Comment

Last trip, 2 weeks ago, I found a wonderful hotel for 700-900 baht on the beach. If you are on Bangla, facing the beach, turn right, walk about 75m, and on your left is a walking street to the beach (no cars). A Subway is on the corner. Half way down is the Tawan Beach Resort. It is 15m from the beach. Two massage places on either side (one with a LB). In front you can buy beer and an internet shop. A whopping 2 minute walk to Bangla. And the rooms are very good; and I'm a kind of picky guy.

For workouts, I go to the Gym on 2nd road near that gay hotel. Sorry forgot name. Everyone knows it. Also, many LBs shop in front of the gym before work and eat at the local diner in front of the gym. So if you work out at about 4-7, you can spot at least 5-10 LBs walking around, and perhaps rush out to say, "Hi" for a post workout rendezvous.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Forgot to add that my dive shop is in Chalong, so I will be looking for a motorcycle to rent while I am there

Any advice you have much appreciated

Comment

(thick81 @ Nov. 06 2006,06:17) Thanks for the suggestions guys

Forgot to add that my dive shop is in Chalong, so I will be looking for a motorcycle to rent while I am there

Any advice you have much appreciated
          Motorbikes are available everywhere and cheap but I would not recommend it. The rule of the road in Thailand is the biggest vehicle has the right away and motorbikes are at the bottom of the list. I've rented a motorbike once and will never do it again, just too dangerous. Not sure how far Chalong is from Patong, the cost for a taxi might be too much. Jeeps are available for rent and reasonable from what I can recall.

Comment

.....I ride a Harley here in the USA(1450cc) and rented a 125cc motorbike while in Chiangmai last week....now I have never been to Phuket....but I'd guess Chiangmai is bigger and more crowded. I found motorbiking in Chiangmai seemed safer than the USA...mainly because there are so many motorbikes and because the auto drivers are used to having them on the road with them....seemed like an underpowered toy compared to my bike, but certainly quick enough to keep up with most traffic.....I was able to get mine to 90-95km/hr......might want to wear a brain bucket though in the unlikely event you take a spill, 100 baht/day rental..........Aloha and "live to ride"....
            ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Nov. 05 2006,16:13) Last trip, 2 weeks ago, I found a wonderful hotel for 700-900 baht on the beach. If you are on Bangla, facing the beach, turn right, walk about 75m, and on your left is a walking street to the beach (no cars). A Subway is on the corner. Half way down is the Tawan Beach Resort. It is 15m from the beach. Two massage places on either side (one with a LB). In front you can buy beer and an internet shop. A whopping 2 minute walk to Bangla. And the rooms are very good; and I'm a kind of picky guy.
              Hi..ziggystardust..
              Do you know the name off this hotel..???Its sounds good....and we know you are a picky guy..
              Ony one of you guys know..???
              Thnx
              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Nov. 05 2006,22:13) Tawan Beach Resort.
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I did a G-search and I can not find a hotel with thet name..
                  So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Hi

This link mayhelp guys searching for Girl freindly hotels in Phuket.

phulet hotels

http://www.phuket-info.com/forums....es.html

Comment

(69billy @ Nov. 08 2006,04:55)
                      I did a G-search and I can not find a hotel with thet name..
                      69Billy,

I always stay at the Sunhill, very LB friendly, friendly helpful staff, no joiners fee, but about a 25min walk from Bangla Road. Excellent rooms, pricey - ish in hi season, there a pictures of the rooms on my last trip report. ( 33 nights...etc ...etc ) There are always motorbike taxis going by, & you are an old campaingner so no probs for you to argue the toss with the tuk tuk drivers at 0300hrs in the morning on Bangla road to get back. No worse than trying to get one at the end of Patong 1 & 2 in BKK at 0200hrs.

check out the website.

http://www.sunhill-phuket.com/
                      Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Working...
                      X