Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocktails and dreams  back in business!

Got a nice letter from Nick in Phuket which sounded  very optimistic and said that he and his wife Ning Nong and all the models from the bar are fine and  doing well.  As a matter of fact, the bar is back up stronger than ever and booming strong now and last night 21 of his girls were taking out!  sounds like the Cocktails and Dreams of  old [2 weeks ago] and that is great to hear.

Anyone planning a trip to Phuket in January or February I would suggest not cancelling, and hopefully we can do our share to bring the tourist industry in the greatest place on earth back to life. Lets not allow some 400-year old fluke  keep us  from going to the best place in the  whole world; I know it won't keep me away.

That's certainly good news. My dream of nailing Banana is still on then! I think though, that the impact and the distant scare will put people off going for a few years. Not everyone of course, but enough to make a big dent in tourism!

The situation in Patong has improved greatly in the ast couple of days according to a friend of mine. Tourists can travel in safety to the town, and there is still plenty of accommodation that was not damaged by the tsunami. The beach is clean, the water is fine for swimming and the entertainment area in Soi Bangla is already open again for business.

Comment

Man oh man this is GREAT news!! You know I almost felt guilty about possibly broaching the subject of CTails & Dreams in particular and/or the Phuket nightlife in general!! I would LOVE to PUMP a nice infusion of baht into the local economy not to mention pump my turgid member into some local lass's LB sphincters!!! Glad to hear them all up and running!! I do wonder, dear Stogie, about the local restaurants. Are they plentiful and up and running?? Like New York three years ago and Bali two years ago I would GO OUT OF MY WAY to attempt to visit this place after this disaster!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!

Comment

Originally posted by
        I would LOVE to PUMP a nice infusion of baht into the local economy not to mention pump my turgid member into some local lass's LB sphincters!!!
        You have a wonderful way with words!

Comment

I'll be there at the end of January. If it weren't for C&D, I might skip Phuket and just go to Samui but I have to check this bar out.

Comment

I am heading to Phuket in late March, and hadn't considered canceling. Of course, I am still watching the news and reading the forums, but it looks good so far. I will be staying at "The Place to Stay" (Nick's place). Sent him an e-mail 2 or 3 days after the tsunami and got a short reply a few days later. All is well and I am sure Patong will recover. All you guys going before me, keep the reports coming in.

MM

Comment

Originally posted by
              I think though, that the impact and the distant scare will put people off going for a few years. Not everyone of course, but enough to make a big dent in tourism!
              Don't believe this for a minute. By this logic no-one would ever go near any beach anywhere because there might be another tidal wave??

Bali took 2 years to recover because it was terrorism ie it could happen again. This was a freak natural disaster.

They may lose a months revenue, but my guess it will be back to normal in weeks rather than months
              Mister Arse

Comment

[QUOTE] I would LOVE to PUMP a nice infusion of baht into the local economy not to mention pump my turgid member into some local lass's LB sphincters!!!

BB, I laughed out loud when I read this. Its wonderful writing.

Great to hear about the scene being back in full swing. I am inclined to agree that things will be back to normal soon. On another post I made the same point Stewart made about Bali taking 2 years to recover. But I think Phuket will be quick. People realise that a tsunami is a one in a hundred year event.

Cheers

WT

Comment

I'll be there in Feb, but the only thing that ever worries me is,... why do I hear the "jaws" theme everytime I hit the water??
                  andyman

Comment

I got back to London yesterday and watched a news special on Thailand....most European Ambassadors and Embassies are telling the public not to travel to Phuket where as the people of Phuket are saying the opposite, they want the tourists to come back quick.

It just goes to show that most of these officials spend most of there time at cocktail parties and functions and have not got a real clue about the people that matter and what they want.

Tourist bahts are just as important as any food parcels. The simplest of souls must understand that.

One day i hope i can mouth off face to face to some of these arsesholes and hope there are no women and children present.

Comment

Originally posted by (Tomcat @ Jan. 03 2005,10:35)
                      most European Ambassadors and Embassies are telling the public not to travel to Phuket
                      what a bunch of arseholes..... this was a once-in-400 year occurance..... that is very irresponsible for those high and mighty upper class snobs telling people to stay away from a 3rd world country which really needs our support more than ever right now. I also read a news story which said that 70% of reservations on Patong beach have all been cancelled.

fuck 'em....lets not let the naysayers keep us away from enjoying the most beautiful place on earth.

Comment

WT-It cracked ME up when I wrote that!! I have no idea where it comes from but sometimes I can come up with a gem!!

Comment

BB - sheer inspiration

Comment

I will be there the first part of Feb.

Comment

Working...
                            X