X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koh samui

I am going to Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya and Koh Samui in February. When I was in Koh Samui last year, it had three LB cabarets, but I didn't find any LB bars. Can anyone tell me if there are any?

Those three ladboy cabarets are in Chaweng. I much prefer Lamai.

In Lamai, Rat Bars 1 through 5 have some ladyboys and there is also a ladyboy cabaret, I forget its name. Some of the girl bars may have a ladyboy, I foundd mine at the Lnghorn Bar by the outdoor boxing ring, but any bar could have a secret ladyboy.

Lamai has a totally different feel feel than Chaweng and I like it 1000 times better but they're so different some may prefer Chaweng.

As for lodging I recommend:

MARINA BEACH RESORT (NOT Marina Villa next door)
    [email protected]
    66 0 7723 3116 (think you drop the 0 if calling internationally but keep the 0 and drop the 66 if calling from Thailand)

They are very slow to answer their emails, it might take a week, but this place is a true bargain. I stayed in th main part not the detached bingalows and was very pleased. I'm sure you'll be happy at this hotel.

Comment

Hi PD,
      I took up your advice last time and enquired about the marina samui, but I could not open the file they sent me.
      I am hoping to stay at Lamai beach this coming April, and would appreciate if you could advise me on which room you had so I can take me and my g/f, and whats in the rooms and price etc.

Many thanks

Dave...
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Responding to my inquiry, they sent an Excel file; that's a first. David, if you have Excel on your computer, I can email it to you. If not, and you have Word, I can convert it to Word, the format will be a bit off, but readable. If you don't have either I can paste it into an email.

They have bungalows and hotel rooms. Usually I prefer bungalows but in this case the hotel rooms might be a little nicer, since they might be slightly newer. I didn't get a good look at the bungalows and am also unclear if the only fdifference between the seaside bungalow and the regular air-con bingalows is location.

Both the hotel and regular air-con bungalows is 1250 a night but I only paid 950 as a walk in which is the low season rate.
        Low season begins May 1. Think the true value of this quailty room on Lamai is 3000 baht.

For anyone walking in, please don't go to the Marina Villa next door by mistake. For David and his girl the hotel may be better but for you butterflies, I belive the bungalows have in room safes. I kept most of money and passport in the hotel safe which was fine but did not have 24 hour access. No probem bringing guests.

Comment

I can confirm that the Marina Beach Resort bungalows have room-safes. They are generally clean and quite modern with TV, air-co and very large bathrooms.

950 Baht seemed to be the going rate as of february 2005, but prices may have increased since then. Alot of tourists started visiting Samui instead of Phuket since the tsunami.

The Marina Villas is more expensive and the bungalows are pretty run-down. The romms in the main building are OK though.

I agree with PigDogg that Lamai is much nicer than Chaweng, and that apart from the Rat Bars and cabarets, alot of GG bars also have LBs. The general standard is however lower than that of Bangkok.

Have fun!

Comment

I thought the rooms in the main building were more than just OK. They were spectacular IMO. Floors that looked like marble. Comforters that were nicer than at any hotel I've ever stayed at. A great TV with clear reception.

I looked at at least 10 different hotels in Lamai and none were nicer even the ones much more expensive and there were also several shiteholes at the Marina price. Wheter one's paying 1250 or 950 as a walk-in; it's a great deaL

Comment

Working...
            X