X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dengue Fever

I have read in some place that the Dengue fever is this year much more active in Thailand that last years in the rains season. Does somebody have more info about this? What is the risk in Pattaya and in Bangkok? Thank you.

Apparently reported cases of athletes foot have increased this year in Pattaya ...........

In Bangkok there has been reports of chaffing mainly due to tourists wearing unsuitable shorts .........

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

its true im afraid....lockjaw is on the rise as well...in fact, I predict that it will reach alarmingly high levels in June and July (when I am present)...it seems the cause is in fact the result of frequent and exceedingly large cocks in my mouth...and im guessing that the redness around my asshole will be caused by frequent encounters with what has been identified in journals as, "cockindeeasstoomuch" I think thats Greek in derivation.

Comment

I remember that old TV show...Dance Fever...it sucked...

But then so do mosquitoes I suppose...
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

sensible bunch this lot

I think dengues gonna be the least of your worries in bkk, and patts. Your gonna face more danger from traffic,fumes and whopper cocks
          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

The Dengue this year is not a joke. In Rio, Brazil, only this year there are about 200.000 infected with a total of 110 deads. It is a great epidemic. For Thailand the OMS predicted for this year an increase of 75% infected.

Comment

My accountants daughter returned from three weeks in Thailand eight weeks ago (Bangkok & Phuket). She was burning up with a temp and extreme flu like symptons on the flight back and once home, they got the doctor out to her who eventually diagnosed.....yep, dengue fever.
              She is fine now and happily, it only took five weeks before she recovered fully but then again she is early 20's and a Gym junkie.

Comment

The real problem with Dengue fever is that you are probably able to survive it the first time without too many problems if you receive proper medical treatment.However if it hits you for the second time it is very likely that you will die. Therefore one has to avoid it by all means.

Comment

(kahuna @ May 22 2008,23:19) I remember that old TV show...Dance Fever...it sucked...
                  Denny Terrio....................

Comment

To paraphrase what Hornyboy said:-

The real problem with crossing the road in Thailand is the likelyhood of getting run over by a motorbike - you are probably able to survive it the first time without too many problems if you receive proper medical treatment. However if it hits you for the second time it is very likely that you will die. Therefore one has to avoid it by all means.

More than 500 people were killed on the roads in the two weeks of Songkran this year - how many died from Dengue fever?

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

About the same as songkron,

http://www.searo.who.int/EN/Section1...on520_2417.htm
                      ( yes - I know its old data )

The chance of getting Dengue in an urban area is very very small, not zero, but small. But for an average adult the chance of dying is incredibly small.

Back to the original question, I have not heard anything about dengue being worse than usual this year - and certainly nothing like the problems in Brazil.

I would say your odds of mysteriously falling from a high floor apartment, naked, in the middle of the night are higher. judging by the news that seems to happen 500 times a year to foreigners.
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Didn't we recently have this same discussion?

Didn't some guy claim he was bitten by an infected mosquito while staying at the Pattaya Bay Resort?

If you want to avoid the virus, go to Pattaya and rent a motorbike...you'll be able to outrun all the mosquitoes...

Maybe they will even let you post on the Forum from your hospital bed...

Comment

Thats it I wont be sitting outside guess bar again, inside with a nice little lady boy on My cock, sorry I mean lap
                          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Have no fear mate...Buy a little fan and tip Top a few baht to wiggle around with the fan in her hand or and you'll be safe...No mosquito bites...But maybe a Top bite or two...

Comment

(kahuna @ May 25 2008,23:20) If you want to avoid the virus, go to Pattaya and rent a motorbike...you'll be able to outrun all the mosquitoes...
                              Classic  

I got bitten by a purple headed bedsnake in BKK last month around Songkran , anyone got any possible cures while we are on the subject of strange tropical ailments  

My symptoms are severe , strange dreams , aching in the ballsack late at night , strange residue on the sheets in the morning , is there a cure for this severe affliction  

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Working...
                              X