X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get to Buriram?

I am arriving in Bangkok on June 2, and need to know if any airline fly directly to Buriram, or somewhere close e.g. within an hour by taxi, as planning on going there with a friend and don't want to bus or taxi it the whole way. Any help appreciated.

The nearest landing spot is Roi Et, which is not far from the Surin border if you live north of Surin. Flights are Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun with PB air.

www.pbair.com (5,320 baht)

Buriram is a big province. Are you headed to the main city?

I'm pretty sure that Thai air used to fly directly or had an affiliate service to Buriram.

There are a couple of carriers that fly BKK - Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) including Thai Air. However, Buriram is not too far away so you might even consider the vip a/c bus or renting a car if you are confident enough on Thai roads!

Comment

Thanks for the info stogie, I will have to ask my ladyboy friend exactly where in buriram we are heading. How long approximately to drive. Any idea?

Comment

About 6 hours, depending on your car and the traffic. It's about 400 KMs from Bangkok.

Stop the presses... I may have given you duff info.

It's possible that the airline actually does go directly to Buriram.

Guess you'll have to check.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanx, and are you in Bangkok and do you want to hook up 4 a drink or something, either late monday night or maybe tuesday evening?

Comment

Update, I think Thai Air has stopped service to Buriram - those flights are not listed on their web page.

However, PB Air does offer service there:

From
            Buriram

to Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Int'l Airport)

Flight No. Days Time Fleet
            Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
            Dep. Arr.
            9Q897
            17:30 18:30 ER4

Link to their home page: PB Air

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(jlock @ May 31 2008,15:50) Thanx, and are you in Bangkok and do you want to hook up 4 a drink or something, either late monday night or maybe tuesday evening?
              I'd like to. Bad timing, though. Off to the UK Monday for a couple of weeks!

Comment

I used to live in Buriram province. I used to make the trip from Pattaya to Buriram, by car in about 3.5 hours.

I have never made the road trip from Bangkok but I think its 3 - 3.5 hours. The reason I say this is that many "visa run" companies go to and from a border crossing just south of the Province and that is their travel time.

Buriram airport is some 20 Kms outside the city and you need a Tuk tuk to get there - not a pleasant prospect.

I cant remember the airline I used before. What I do remember is that there was only one flight a day and it came in late and departed 3 hours late.

With the travel time - and delays etc- I found I was better off with a VIP bus. A taxi out of Bangkok would have been even better and faster.

If I were you I would bite the bullet and negotiate a deal with a decent looking taxi. Also a taxi can take you directly to where you want to go. If you are heading into the rural areas then Buriram Province is quite large and maybe its an hour or more by taxi to cross it.

Also, Buriram is a very rural and poor province. Outside of Buriram city itself, hotels are few and far between and western food non- existent. You might even be better off staying in Korat and renting a car and driver from there to take you backwards and forwards into Buriram. Korat is about an hour away from Buriram city and has most modern facilities and western food. You can also fly there several times a day.

Best wishes Somchai

Comment

Good advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X