X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the smoking ban affecting bars?

will be in pattaya from 22 june and fancy trying la bamba and ezy bars . can i smoke in these bars? how is the smoking ban affecting business? i like a cig with my beer and i dont want to stand outside like in this crap country.
    We've got to get in to get out

unfortunately you do have to stand outside; fortunately its not as cold as the UK!
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Hello Elbarto,

If you do a search there was a previous discussion about this.

But to save you the trouble  -  most places will probably not bother to enforce it  -  especially outside Bangkok.

The only time the police will bother is when they are short of money/there is an efficiency drive.
      Then they will only target the places frequented by farangs because they are perceived as being able to pay.

In short if you want to smoke  -  do so  -  just be aware that it might cost you 2000 Baht on a bad day.

TIT!      

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

No problem at all... 2000 baht on a bad day... chances are small but hey, it's worth it!

Comment

(elbarto @ Jun. 04 2008,06:38) i dont want to stand outside like in this crap country.
          If you think Thailand is a "crap country" why waste your time on holiday here?
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(elbarto @ Jun. 04 2008,06:38) ..i like a cig with my beer..
            And I like to be in a clean, and with breathable air, bar Where I don't have to choke and the foloowing day bringing my clothes to the laundry as they smell as an ashtray.

With or without a beer...
            Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........I have seen Karl Smoking behind that pesky "No Smoking" sign in his bar.

Does that help?
              You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(kahuna @ Jun. 04 2008,02:58) If you think Thailand is a "crap country" why waste your time on holiday here?
                RTFP! (I've waited so long to say that to someone )

He was refering to the UK

I've made kathylc  

Comment

I'm truly sorry you had to wait six entire months to say that Monkey...
                  But I still don't see where he says the UK and not Thailand is crap...

Perhaps it's lost in translation...

Comment

(elbarto @ Jun. 03 2008,21:38) i dont want to stand outside like in this crap country.
                    Kahuna,

it was nothing personal mate...

elbarto is referring to the country he is in (UK) and not the country you are reading in (Thailand?)

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Hello Kahuna,

He does say;- 'i dont want to stand outside like in this crap country'

Hello Looker,

Yes I hate that stale cigarette smell too!
                      Still all the smokers have destroyed their sense of smell so they don't know any better.

RR.
                      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                      Kahuna

Comment

It's your damn language...We simply borrowed it...At the very least you language inventors could try and use it so us borrowing Yanks can understand what you mean (BTW the word should be "as")...  

Sorry, Elbarto...I'm still struggling with English English...

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Jun. 04 2008,14:57) Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........I have seen Karl Smoking behind that pesky "No Smoking" sign in his bar.
                          At EZY bar, I gather the no smoking ban will be implemented 'sometime soon'.   But in the meantime those of us who want to breathe have to go outside (or to another bar - which is what Socrates999 and I did last night   )
                          TT

Comment

(elbarto @ Jun. 03 2008,23:38) will be in pattaya from 22 june and fancy trying la bamba and ezy bars . can i smoke in these bars? how is the smoking ban affecting business? i like a cig with my beer and i dont want to stand outside like in this crap country.
                            Most {indoor} bars in Thailand imposes the ban now elbarto, although perhaps not the Japanese targeted establishments.
                            IMO it is a good idea and a little disapointing to read that Karl flouts the law in his own place

Comment

(kahuna @ Jun. 04 2008,08:44) Sorry, Elbarto...I'm still struggling with English English...
                              Ahhh yes, two nations seperated by a common language.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Working...
                              X