X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hua Hin Hotels?

Might be planning a trip down to Hua Hin for a few days - haven't decided to do one night only or two nights, but I guess that depends on some feedback from you guys! I know there's some of you (ahem KL) that can stay there for a long period of time, but from what I've read it seems to be just a quiet seaside area.

Anyways, I've got a ton of hotel points to use so itching to just use them instead of booking a local resort. I see that Hyatt, Hilton, and the Marriott and Marriott Courtyard have properties in and around Hua Hin (the Courtyard I think is slightly north). I just wanted to see if I could get any advice on which of the hotels is probably the better choice based on the following criteria:

- quality of the beachfront
    - proximity to the "city center" (i.e. restaurants, clubs, shopping, etc.)
    - quality of the loom, err room

If anyone has experience I would welcome their vote and feedback. Thanks in advance!

DP
    Hyatt
    0%
    Hilton
    0%
    Marriott
    0%
    Marriott Courtyard
    0%
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Hi DP...

As you have found out, information on Hua Hin is hard to come by on this site, but there is a cool site which may help you more...

www.huahinafterdark.com

The link below may be especially useful...

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-hotels.htm
    Attached Files

Comment

SB, I did run a search and looked through some older posts. Some terrific info on the surrounding area, but very little about the topic I'm interested in - mainly about some of the chain hotels in the area and their various pros/cons. I already know that Hua Hin is a nice place to visit, but it seems that mostly ppl stayed in more local joints so was just curious if anyone has seen some of the mentioned hotels - particularly as the Marriott properties have just opened in the last few months.

Anyways, thanks for the web link. I'll take a peek and see what info I can get there.
      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I stayed here in the Private Villa (Chalet) room DP and couldn't fault it and its in a very good location

http://www.araya-residence.com/home.htm

Your got yer Mother in a whirl
        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Dont know much about the hotels as we stay in a Villa, however, the hyatt is a great property, on a nice beach, but someway away from the town. Also seems quite family and group oriented.

The Hilton is right in the centre of town, as is the Lovely looking Sofitel. I think either of these 2 would be better.

And BYO - the local talent is good, but not great
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

I have stayed at the Sofitel a few times.Top class location right in the heart of it.Not sure if they would be lb friendly, however the other choices you mentioned may have the same problem.
              Have a look on www.wired-destinations.com for an entire listing in the area.To suit any budget.
              Along with Stogie I hope to spend a lot more time there in the future.

Comment

Hilton is in centre of Hua Hin and is ladyboy friendly,it is in the perfect place for all the action,ok so not much action,but it is in the perfect place .
                If you are bringing your own teerak,then one of the others will probably be better,and are much the same,so toss a coin.
                Sofitel is by far the nicest,but not sure if they would be LB friendly with a different LB every night.
                Its good to relax here,and the ladyboy action has grown,but sadly the quality has not improved.

Comment

Too bad I don't have Sofitel points! I did see the property's website and agree, it looks very nice.

I'll be bringing my friend, although she may or may not be an LB (depends which friend hehe) - but either way I don't anticipate any problems with my guest.

Thx again for the feedback!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 28 2008,18:13) I'll be bringing my friend
                    Only one?

You're seriously damaging your reputation young man...
                    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(nigelr69 @ Jun. 27 2008,21:21) Along with Stogie I hope to spend a lot more time there in the future.
                         I hope you asked Stogie about joining you before posting this ....

I'm sure he would be very interested to know he is to be spending fun-filled holidays with you Nigel.

Makes a change from his usual company ...    
                      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(kahuna @ Jun. 28 2008,19:50)
                        (dummy_plug @ Jun. 28 2008,18:13) I'll be bringing my friend
                        Only one?

You're seriously damaging your reputation young man...
                        It's been awhile since we last shared a drink Kahuna. You back in the US these days? If so, there's some news I need to tell you...

Comment

Hi DP. been to HH twice and each time stayed at the Hilton.

Best to get a room with balcony overlooking the back of the hotel where they have nice swimming pools and beach access.

When you come out the front you are right in the middle of the town where there is a string of restruants.

They also have a good nightclub and always a few LBs turn up.

The crowning glory is the fantastic breakfast every morning, great selection of food in well appointed eating area.

The hotel also has activities auch as tennis courts and bowling (I think). However, bring your own tennis balls as you will not find any for sale in HH.

They also have an excellent golf locker room near the lobby so no need to drag them up and down to your room all the time.

Dont plan on staying too long, it is lovely but gets boring quickly if you are comparing with Patts.

Have fun.

Comment

Excellent - thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                            X