X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaing Mai: The Lodging & LB Scene...

I was in Chaing Mai a few years ago before I had acquired the LB spirit. I like the city and want to go back during my upcoming visit to Thailand. However, want to be sure that LB's are reasonably plentiful and accessible. Also, I could use advice on LB friendly lodging in the 2000Bht/night range. Finally, is the Simon Cabaret there still open? And, where is it located. Thanks.

(wallywanker @ Nov. 17 2008,19:53) want to be sure that LB's are reasonably plentiful and accessible...

I could use advice on LB friendly lodging in the 2000Bht/night range...

Finally, is the Simon Cabaret there still open?
    Chiang Mai is OK if you are going there for a long time. The Simon Cabaret has been closed for a while now and they are saying that it's being 'renovated.'

Search the forum for accommodation - there's plenty - especially in your range, but you'll have to be very patient to get any LB action if you are a tourist.

NOT a good place for LB action on a tourist level.

Comment

The best place to start is Chiang Mai Entertainment Centre in Loi Khroh Road.

Check out Shamrock Pub & Marina Bar.

http://www.mapjack.com/?sLYyUJ3facfD

Later in the evening, take a stroll along Loi Khroh Road towards the old city and you will find a few distinct groups of ladyboys along the way.

Once you reach Moon Muang/Kotchasarn Roads, there are more freelancers working.

If you turn right into what is known as Moon Muang Road and stroll a short distance, you will usually find a few more smaller groups or pairs of ladyboys working.

If you turn left into Kotchasarn Road, there are ladyboys in front of the D.K Book Centre and beyond.

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

LB scene was very quiet last time I passed through in Apr- even the Loi Khro lurkers weren't in evidence. A few in the Shakespeare but Marina's was in the area screened off for the boxing so I didn't venture in. Also Marina seems to have taken a fancy to me ( either that or she was pissed!) and she's scary. Loads of B500 or less guesthouses in the area of Ta Pae gate, no need to knock yourself out price wise out there. If you're not oo fussy Top North hotel around B800, Top North Guest house 350 to 450, both with pools. Losts of great places to eat around there as well.
        I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Thanks for the insights even though it isn't exactly what I wanted to hear!

Comment

WW please let us know if you have any success in Chiang Mai. I may go up there this trip for a week or so.

Comment

Guys,

The bottom line is that you would be foolish travelling to Chiang Mai purely for the limited ladyboy scene.

Should you happen to find yourself there for other reasons, there are certainly opportunities to find some decent ladyboy talent, but don't expect the quality or quantity served up to you in places like Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket.

In any case it does pay to arrive with some insight otherwise you could find yourself rather lonesome.

Cheers
              Koykaeng

Cheers
              Koykaeng
              Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ Nov. 17 2008,21:07) LB scene was very quiet last time I passed through in Apr- even the Loi Khro lurkers weren't in evidence. A few in the Shakespeare but Marina's was in the area screened off for the boxing so I didn't venture in. Also Marina seems to have taken a fancy to me ( either that or she was pissed!) and she's scary. Loads of B500 or less guesthouses in the area of Ta Pae gate, no need to knock yourself out price wise out there. If you're not oo fussy Top North hotel around B800, Top North Guest house 350 to 450, both with pools. Losts of great places to eat around there as well.
                Spent 6 weeks at the Top North guest house during 2005, a good litttle place with a pool like you say!
                Rooms are very basic but more than adequate! I will admit that i used top north guest house more as a base for exploring the north and cross border trips to burma, but the price was the main reason for my staying there, as i could leave the room for a day or two without the need to check out , and try finding a room once back!

Great city to stay.
                i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

In light of the info provided by posters I chucked CM and opted for Patong Phuket instead. Upon arrival this afternoon after checking into the two star Swiss Hotel I stopped for a haircut. The longer she clipped away the more convinced I became that she was a LB, sortof like the ones at Casanova, tall and Amazonian. After she finished, I took her aside and asked if she could help me meet "other" LB's. If you could have seen the look on her face! Her jaw dropped and she stared me in the eye for 10 seconds. Then, she broke into a huge smile and said, "Of course, I can. Come back a little later when it isn't so busy." Will post more details in a Patong Trip Report.

Comment

(wallywanker @ Nov. 25 2008,17:55) I stopped for a haircut. The longer she clipped away the more convinced I became that she was a LB.
                    After she finished, I took her aside and asked if she could help me meet "other" LB's. If you could have seen the look on her face! Her jaw dropped and she stared me in the eye for 10 seconds.
                    Probabaly contemplating how long she would get in the monkeyhouse for stabbing a farang with scissors
                    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I have been to CM twice and do like the place. There are some good looking and nice lbs up there but of course nothing like BKK or Patt. I actually will go back in Feb for a few days coming from Chiang Rai. I had found one cute lb (Nam) on my first trip and another one (Fill) on my second. I hope to see both again. Nam is a bit short but great to spend LT with. She has a pretty face and I hope I can post a pic soon. Fill looks like a young and not yet barscene-spoiled version of Fern (Guess Bar), long legs and nice face - not much boobs though. Pic will follow.

If anyone is up there or wants to join me from Feb. 17 to 22, PM me.

Comment

If you do a search you may find a trip report on Chiang Mai and ladyboys. My experience was at Marina Bar and a private massage place run by an ex-star of Casanova.

Comment

Working...
                        X