X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great place for seafood in BKK?

Thai style of course - not the farang-oriented joints. Any recommendations?
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Somboon http://www.somboonseafood.com/

Note: "Somboon Dee" is not the same, and is a ripoff - taxi drivers often try and take you there (and get a commission)
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Thx Snick. I read the restaurant thread and this is one of the few places that came up. You mentioned they have several branches - are there any that might be "better" than the others? And ballpark, what's your tab like for 2 ppl? I know it probably depends on what you order, but just want to get a heads up about approx cost as I think I'll be with a group of 6...
      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I eat at the Ratchada branch most often, occasionally at Surawong. Bantadthong once and didn't find the ambiance (or location) as appealing. Have not tried the other two.

Its not very expensive, but it does depend what you order, throw in a lobster, crab and giant prawns and the bill can add up. Usually under 1000 per person, sometimes a lot less than that.

They have big rooms for 6+ people, so call and make a reservation.

Comment

Good crab curry in the Nana Hotel Restaurant... good view, too!

Comment

Seafood Market http://www.seafood.co.th/

No contest , probably the best seafood place in the Galaxy !

Comment

The Seafood Market is outstanding! My favorite.

Comment

I strongly disagree
                I consider this place overpriced and touristy. Quality wise the food is prepared as fast as possible, and is 'ok' but not great.
                Checkout Somboon next time and compare.

Comment

I agree with Snick. Some Thai business people took me to both places, and I would recommend Somboon (can't remember which branch we went to)
                  TT

Comment

Hear hear,

the Somboon is great & the Pad Pak Poo or whatever it is, as recommended by Snick, is friggin' fantastic.

Anytime some BMs want to organise dinner there, count me in....      

As long as I'm in Bangkok of course      
                    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Their slogan is true 'if it swims, they cook it' .
                      I jacked off on their hotplate after complaining about the service and they cooked that.
                      Rip off joint, tourist trap.

Savoy Seafood chain....or Somboon chain just to name two that i can recall right now.
                      I have stopped at Somboon a few times after a session at Nataree MP and the seafood was ok.

I
                      My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

I wish I could remember the name of the place I foolishly let a taxi driver talk me into trying. I had a ladyboy with me who I was enamored with and getting most of my attention
                        I puked lobster every half hour for 12 hrs straight, along with some oysters, and had the shits for 3 days. It seemed like ten times more lobster came back up than was consumed. I feel lucky to be alive after that.
                        My lb friend didn't get sick at all and she ate the same thing, but less of it.

I may have the receipt still somewhere.
                        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Working...
                        X