Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udon Thani (Isaan)

Hi all

Im thinking about traveling up to Udon Thani and surrounding cities/towns in Isaan. Does anyone have any info on the scene around there, and which cites would be good to visit? Also as im traveling on my own would it be abit awkward, as it is more rural. look forward to replies.

Cheers

Browse the bars of Pattaya or Bangkok and find a pretty LB companion to be your guide.

Might even get to meet the family
    Meum cerebrum nocet

Comment

There have been a few reports about Udon Thani in the past, most recently from our intrepid lb explorer, Ernesto.

Here is post 1 of a series of 4 about his Udon Thani adventure: Ernesto's pilgrimage Isaan Day 1

Here is his first thread asking about Udon Thani and Khon Khaen information: Udon Thani and Khon Khaeng

There are also a couple of more links in that thread - Gunslinger's post is very good too.

Another post when billy69 was planning a trip there asking for info: Udon Thani, Shall I?

Another one that might help: Issan

These posts were found using the regular "Search" function with the term "Thani", selecting the New,View and Ladyboys, Trip Reports and Thailand Travel Information Forums.

Also set the time frame as from the "beginning and older" to get the full range of search.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Dixon i was thinking about finding a guide from one of the bars but dont really want to be tied down to one lady.

Thanks rxpharm for the links will look through them thoroughly.

cheers

Comment

BYO(L)B!

Comment

On my last trip through Udon Tanhi, we found the bars easy enough to find.

Some cute GG and couple of LB floating around, but not much talent at all.

Very hit and miss i think, so as Stogie says BYO if you want to guarantee quality.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Most of the bars are situated in two soi's. Just along from the bus station you will find a cross roads. This is just before Robinsons. Stay on the same side as the bus station and turn right at the cross roads, cross the road and walk a little,past the tuk tuk shop, and on your left there is a street of bars with a little complex of bars in the centre. Back on the main street where you turned there is another small street of bars. The main street will take you right down too the train station eventually. There is a small scene in udon, with little in the way of ladyboys. I only recall seeing one in the little complex of bars.
              i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(marshal @ Jan. 02 2009,02:46) There is a small scene in udon, with little in the way of ladyboys. I only recall seeing one in the little complex of bars.
                Ya, but was she cute
                You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

thanks for all the replies, will most probably take my own there.

cheers

Comment

as i always say, go to the biggest most popular disco in town, there will always be at least one table of LBs or a LB here or there mixed in with some civilians.

Comment

Nong Khai is an hour away from Udon by bus. It has a small but active scene, centered around the promenade on the Mekong.

If you have time, cross over into Laos. One day and night in Vientiane is enough, but go to Vang Vieng (3 hours by bus). It's lovely and fun.
                      Me at myself.com

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Jan. 05 2009,07:29)
                        (marshal @ Jan. 02 2009,02:46) There is a small scene in udon, with little in the way of ladyboys. I only recall seeing one in the little complex of bars.
                        Ya, but was she cute
                        Not really SD, but do-able if suffering a Lb drought!

Comment

and vientienne has a little street with a few lbs hanging around too......

Comment

(qwerty @ Jan. 12 2009,08:06) and vientienne has a little street with a few lbs  hanging around too......
                            Saw one on Th Francios Ngim back in oct. What is the name of the street in vt, Qwerty?

Comment

not sure the name of the street, a co-worker pointed it out as an aside, and i had to pretend to be uninterested in such strange and gross things!

Comment

Working...
                              X