X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Songkran Festival Worth Seeing?

I have been to Thailand 8 times but never experienced their new year. Is it worth going (pattaya & bangkok) or is it best avoided?
    Early May 8 weeks in Thailand.

mai long mai loo

in thai means ....never try ..never know...

if you like sanook sanook and you are a little bit ting tong...

you will love it...

most ladyboys love Songkran....you can have a great time with them in the afternoon while playing water sports....

and if you are lucky may even to get to suck one off somewhere discretly....

Comment

Hey doitrong,

Where will u be spending songkran this year, Walking street or Sunee Plaza?

Judging by the debut performance I envisage many escapades to cum

Fuck you had me in stitches u funny bastard.

LuckyA

Comment

(farang_oz @ Jan. 08 2009,13:27) I have been to Thailand 8 times but never experienced their new year. Is it worth going (pattaya & bangkok) or is it best avoided?
        If you have the mind and ambition of an infant and like getting wet then it's a fantastic time of year!

Comment

That statement is "Bollocks" Stogie
          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(farang_oz @ Jan. 08 2009,07:27) I have been to Thailand 8 times but never experienced their new year. Is it worth going (pattaya & bangkok) or is it best avoided?
            For a first experience the Songkran is "great fun", I loved it  

Go out "have a laugh" and act like "an infant"  

After a few times, you might get "pissed off" with it as I did

Bangkok lasts 3 nights and Pattaya 7 nights ( which IMHO is too much )
            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Go out expecting to be wet (phone in a plastic bag), and you'll have fun.
              Me at myself.com

Comment

If you like gettin soaked, dirty water in your eyes, phone wet and more than usual stupid falangs sure, it´s a blast!
                "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Yes. Bangkok 13-15 then pattaya till 20 . Buy a cheap phone

Comment

Oz, I think if you use the search function you may find past threads on this that are helpful.

That aside, one day of water fun is enough then you will want to lay low with a gal indoors
                    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(Mister Ree @ Jan. 09 2009,09:13) Go out expecting to be wet (phone in a plastic bag), and you'll have fun.
                      Too dangerous to bring my new slr camera then? i was hoping to get some good shots.

BTW i have booked my flight for April 16,  16-17 in Bangkok, 18,19,20,21 in Pattaya, 22 ,23 ,24,25 and 26 not sure yet. I will fly home on April 26@night.
                      Early May 8 weeks in Thailand.

Comment

I would not bring out an SLR camera unless it was in a water resistant case/bag. You are not immune from water throwing just because you have a camera in your hands.

To go on further and answer your question - I would say you should experience it for a day or 2, but like most of the board - you will likely grow tried of it quickly.

I did experience Songkran in Chiang Mai many years ago - it was actually fun - and I was lucky not to get my film SLR wet - although someone did try throwing water at me.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Songkran is not something I would not go out of my way to include in one of my visits. But everyone needs to experience these things at least once so they can make up their own mind.

7 days in Pattaya is way too long, wish it was one or two days only.

It's an event I quickly tire of and on the three I've witnessed I've known at least one person getting sick each time due to the shitty water people use, including ear & eye infections and the trots.

Expect to get soaked on your way to a restaurant in the evening too, just when you thought it was all over for the day.

Clean dry clothes, on the telephone, camera in hand - nobody is immune whatever time of day  
                          Meum cerebrum nocet

Comment

(LuckyA @ Jan. 08 2009,18:53) Hey doitrong,

Where will u be spending songkran this year, Walking street or Sunee Plaza?

Judging by the debut performance I envisage many escapades to cum  

Fuck you had me in stitches u funny bastard.

LuckyA
                            hey LuckyA,

think i might spend a few days in Phuket , a Few in Bkk and a few in Sunee......

why dont we head down there together ina pair if y-fronts????

Comment

(farang_oz @ Jan. 08 2009,22:02) BTW i have booked my flight for April 16,  16-17 in Bangkok, 18,19,20,21 in Pattaya, 22 ,23 ,24,25 and 26 not sure yet. I will fly home on April 26@night.
                              You're missing it in Bangkok.

In Pattaya you've got the two craziest days, the 18th and 19th (perhaps some residual splashing on the 20th).

Perhaps best to stay in a hotel right in the middle of the action so you can keep changing your Tshirt.

Make sure your laptop/camera/phone is well protected when you check in on the 18th.

Have fun!    

Comment

Working...
                              X