X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxury buses from BKK, Ko Samet...

Hello Thai friends in June i want to go to Thailand again. My Idea is to go from BKK to Koh samet with luxury Bus and then from there to Koh Chang with lux. Bus and back to Bkk with Plane. Is this possible with the Bus, Did anybody know this. Or did anybody have a www from the Bus Lines in Thailand. Thanks for answer.
    Off course you can gave me a tip for Hotel there.

I flew to Trat (for Ko Chang) and then a minivan back.

Busses go from Bangkok to Rayong (for Samet).  EDIT IN: Reported below there is a bus from Ekami to BanPhe. But you're probably better off with a minivan to Ban Phe where the ferry for Samet is located.

Comment

My Idea is to go from BKK to Koh samet with luxury Bus and...

There are no 'luxury' buses in Thailand. They have been tried in the past both for local services and long distance but they never took off... and even the buses that THEY call 'luxury' wouldn't be fit to transport prisoners back where you come from!

You can rent a limo or taxi or get a regular bus.

Comment

Ok first Thanks for your answer did anybody know what a taxi or a lomi cost from Bkk to Koh Samet.

Greets to all

Comment

From Bangkok City you can probably get a car to Pattaya for about 1000-1200 baht. The relatively easy trip from Pattaya to Ban Phe generally costs about 800 baht.

So figure about 2000 from Bangkok to Ban Phe.

My guess is a minivan might cost only 300 per person so if going alone I would not take a car service or taxi.

Comment

I have to say there are infact some very good buses run by private companies on certain routes around Thailand. However for your needs look no further than the state run Eastern bus terminal, Ekamai, on Sukhumvit Road, here you will find a special booth, just to the left as you enter, that sell tickets to Ban Phe, your best bet for the trip on to Ko Chang will be a mini van direct from Ban Phe.

Comment

The buses aren't that bad...I've taken the bus countless times from Bkk to Yasothon
              and even an 8 or 9 hour trip is not that uncomfortable...

I always found it to be the luck of the draw which bus company had the next departure...
              If the fare was around 500 baht I knew the trip would include a steward handing out
              snacks and water and coke and the like...If the fare was around 350 baht there would be
              no such luxuries...But the trip was pretty much the same...And they all seemed to be very
              accommodating  and helpful for this farang passenger...
              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I'm with Stogie on this one!

I did the jail transport from Koh Samui (Surat Thani) to Bangkok - what a fucking nightmare - never again!!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Thanks all for answers

Comment

Working...
                  X