First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL

Prince Philip also wouldn't be afraid to state that officially! hehe

Comment

Wow, funny how that Jesse & Victor's tailoring seems to be something else a lot of us share. I haven't had stuff made from them since the 90's ( can there really be only 7 months left for the "00's" !!) but I was well pleased with the price/quality ratio of the stuff I bought then. Recommended.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info guys. I think I'll do the shirts on this trip and leave the suits for a trip with a longer stay.
        Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
        by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.
        So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
        --- Mark Twain

Comment

My friend had several suits and some shirts made at Narin and I thought the quality was quite good. Some good choices for fabrics as well, not pusy at all. 2 years later he still is wearing them. I have had good luck for suits and shirts at Raja's ( the Raja's next to Nana Plaza.) These are the only 2 I have experience with in Bangkok.

Comment

Check these posts from a couple of the Bangkok expat boards:

Bangkok tailors

More about Bangkok tailors

My experience - no knowledge about Art's, been going to Perry's for over 20 years - expensive, but more than good

Previous unsatisfactory experiences on Sukhumvit road compel me to concur with the sentiments expressed in the second thread

Good luck
            Do you remember when flying was dangerous and sex was safe?

Comment

This might be a little late, but for any others looking, I have had several items made by Majestic Tailors.  These are quality and have held up well after a couple of years.  They are located on Sukhumvit, just around the corner from Nana Soi 4, next to the post office. They are also in the same building as Majestic Suites Hotel.

Tapioca

Comment

If you want an Indian tailor, you can always go to that pushy guy on Beach Rd in Pattaya who stands out in front of his shop and tries to get every passerby to come inside and get measured for a suit. Seems like I remember such a tailor being there. He said his suits were the best, and even took hold of my arm and called me his friend, even though I'd never seen him before. Now how sweet is that? A total stranger in Thailand already professing friendship to me. I felt so warm and fuzzy inside.

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable going to a Sikh tailor though, like the dudes in the photos. After my first trip to Thailand, the Enigmatic One warned me to never talk to Sikhs. Said they were by and large mostly con artists. So guess if I ever want tailor made clothes I'd be better off finding a Chinese tailor.
                “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Working...
                X