Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tourists poisoned on Phi Phi

http://community.marketwatch.com/group....-resort

saw this on the news last night, 2 girls poisoned dead at the same resort .... could be food poisoning, although one had traces of cyanide in her system? The resort owner deines all culpability and says they were drinking too much.....big surprise.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Although not related to this, a couple of years ago a young lad from belgium was shot in the head at point blank range and died. The killer was a dj from reggae bar on the island. As the story goes the young lad had gone in for a drink, and was spoken too by a french or belguim female at the bar. They were talking in there native language about things in general when the dj became jealous and jumped over the bar and caused a fight which he did not win(dj was boyfriend of the euro girl).

Later that evening a group from the bar(dj and friends) went looking for the young innocent lad and shot him.

Just about confirms that the island has turned into shithole central in the last ten years. My first visit at the turn of the centuary was reasonably pleasn't, but the place has been fucked up by greed,overdevelopment and shit head kids.
    i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

What started as a romantic Southeast Asia vacation for a Seattle couple ended with Ryan Kells preparing Friday to return from Bangkok carrying the ashes of his fiancee to give to her family in California.
      "It's such a shock," Robert St. Onge told CNN about the death of his sister, Jill, who had been traveling with the man she planned to marry. "There was no way to hear last words or even see her because she has already been cremated."

What seemed like the trip of a lifetime turned into a nightmare for Jill St. Onge and her fiance, Ryan Kells. St. Onge and Kells were nearing the end of a three-month trip through Southeast Asia -- a trip where the Seattle couple got engaged -- when St. Onge fell sick and died. The cause of her death is unknown.

The couple had been visiting Thailand at the end of a three-month journey during which the two had become engaged.

On April 26 in her online journal, the 27-year-old woman described the surroundings near where the Leonardo DiCaprio movie, "The Beach," was filmed.

"Hey hey! We're in koh phi phi right now. It's off the west coast of Thailand about a 2 hour boat ride from krabi. So amazing... just drinking eating and living so cheaply and having a blast. Food, drink, good books, sun and warm waters... What else do ya need?," St. Onge blogged.

But on May 2, Kells found St. Onge, who had told him earlier that she had not been feeling well, vomiting in their room at the Laleena guesthouse on Phi Phi island. He put her into a shopping cart and searched for help.

"She couldn't breathe. She was vomiting," Kells, 31, told CNN affiliate KGO-TV. "I tried to run her to a hospital and she ended up passing within, maybe, 12 hours of being sick."

Robert St. Onge said his sister had been healthy and that her sudden death is a mystery.

Adding to the mystery is the fact that another tourist, a 22-year-old Norwegian woman, died at the same resort the same weekend, the U.S. Embassy in Thailand said.
      The manager of the Laleena guesthouse has said in published reports that he believes the women's deaths came from drinking heavily.

Norwegian media reported that the Norweigan woman could have been a victim of food poisoning. Newspapers in Thailand have questioned whether both women were poisoned, quoting police sources.

In Internet postings on a Web site created to update friends and family on the tragedy, Kells also described feeling ill at the hotel and said that he believed something in their room had made the couple sick.
      Kells also said he had spent less time in their room than his fiancee.

The U.S. Embassy in Thailand has been working with the St. Onge family to determine what happened.
      "The police know we are concerned about this, but as with any investigation, it could take some time," said embassy spokesman Michael Turner.

Robert St. Onge said Thai authorities told his family that the inquiry could take four to eight weeks. He said his family has been given tissue samples so they can have testing done by an independent laboratory.
      At Shadowland, the Seattle, Washington, restaurant where Jill St. Onge used to work as a bartender, a corner of the bar is filled with pictures, candles and postcards from the couple.

"Greetings from Phnom Penh," one from Jill reads, "We love you guys."
      I wouldn't go there if it was free. Kids on drugs... what a great combination!

Comment

The Reggae Bar had a very cute lb waitor a couple of months ago. Thank god there was no jealous dj boyfriend there.

The poisoning in Phi Phi got a lot of attention in the Norwegian media last week. BIG news here, since it happened in Little Scandinavia. There was actually two Norwegian girls there. The last thing they did was share a bucket served at the hotel bar. They both got very sick and showed the same symptoms. One survived, the other died.

Oh, the cyanide thing didn't really happen after all. The chief of police claims he had been miss quoted in this matter. "I didn't say it was cyanide poisoning. I just said that it looked like they had been cynide poisoned" Nopadon Klomtong said to aftenposten.no

Comment

(Stogie @ May 12 2009,23:50) I wouldn't go there if it was free. Kids on drugs... what a great combination!
          funny.....and how many times have you been in Nana Plaza? There are NO kids on drugs in there!

Phi Phi was a great place before the tsunami, haven't been back there since..... the natural beauty is stunning but I have found better places these days.

Comment

(Stogie @ May 12 2009,23:50) I wouldn't go there if it was free. Kids on drugs... what a great combination!
            Sounds like your favourite bar in Sunee!!!!!!!!
            My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

(JaiDee @ May 13 2009,02:56)
              funny.....and how many times have you been in Nana Plaza?   There are NO kids on drugs in there!    

Phi Phi was a great place before the tsunami, haven't been back there since..... the natural beauty is stunning but I have found better places these days.
              I agree with you jaidee. Phi Phi was a great place well before the tsunami. Last visit in 07 was not a brilliant experience. Had a long chat with a couple of american guys who ran a bar there, and believe me it was an interesting converstion. One of the problems they mentioned was about the buddhist thai lady who managed the place for them! It took a long time for the locals (predominately muslim) to even acknowledge her, months in fact. She was born in phuket!

Comment

(JaiDee @ May 13 2009,02:56)
                funny.....and how many times have you been in Nana Plaza?   There are NO kids on drugs in there!
                Good point. I meant white trash on drugs...

Comment

Fuck me stogie you eating humble pie?

Comment

(marshal @ May 13 2009,06:15) Phi Phi was a great place well before the tsunami.

thai lady who managed the place for them! It took a long time for the locals (predominately muslim) to even acknowledge her, months in fact. She was born in phuket!
                    I actually did go back there once afterwards, 4 months after Tsunami; but just for a day trip with my friend Mickey to see what it looked like; we didn't even stay over night.  Fucking place looked like a war zone, understandably, and it was very sad to see, hadn't even been cleaned up yet....reminded me of the TV news footage from Iraq.

I took a date there in 2004, an LB I knew from Chiang Rai...we stayed for 3 or 4 nights, she said  she had trouble even understanding their language there! Even the falangs working there as dive instructors spoke ''southern'' Thai and it was hard to listen to, I guess. She was pretty much treated rudely as well, as if only LOCALS are welcome there besides the tourists, weird.

Haven't been back since, as I say I have found places further out with less people and more beaches; but nowhere is as beautiful  IMO

Comment

After spending 2 weeks in central and northern Thailand, I can't say I had been overwhelmed by the overall friendlyness of people in Phuket and Phi Phi...
                      Of course there are lots of exceptions like Cha Cha at Tootsie's ( ), but the difference was significant.

In central Thailand shopowners will tell you with a smile "thank you, visit again" even if you bought nothing (even if they think something else) while in southern Thailand many will insult you in Thai and sometimes even in english.

One Thai told me that many people in the south have "black hearts". Then he added "not buddhists, you know".

I'll be interested to know what killed the two tourists.
                      It certainly looks like a very fast death for food poisoning (less than a day!), and it also seems a bit too quick for infection over the aircon.

What are the symptoms of methanol/buthanol or propanol intoxication?
                      I remember something about methanol causing fatigue, headache and nausea...

Comment

(manarak @ May 14 2009,21:59) Then he added "not buddhists, you know".
                        LOL, that's the first time I had ever heard that but I can see why northerners would be offended by it

I met a girl from Kamala once who was a Muslim; I just had to screw her after I heard that, just to say I did  heh heh..... my first time with a Muslim ladyboy named Janny below and she always had a rock-hard cock.   maybe more girls who are brought up in that area are Muslims and we don't even know it. Also, when punters take home someone from a Patong beach bar she is most likely from Issan and therefore a Buddhist?

I have a Thai male friend from the south, grew up all his life around Surat Thani .....we have had some deep chats about Thailand, and the differences in the way people from the south and the north think are amazing. He thinks they are all stupid farmers up there, and says southerners don't send money home to their family as so often happens in the north.  The way he described anyone from north of  Bangkok could best be described as Redneck.
                        Attached Files

Comment

southerners don't send money home to their family as so often happens in the north.
                          That is congruent with them being less friendly.

maybe more girls who are brought up in that area are Muslims and we don't even know it.
                          The stats say that 50% of the population of Phuket is muslim.
                          But this probably does not take into account the many girls from redneckland north of Bangkok who go to Phuket to work work to "take care family"

Comment

(manarak @ May 16 2009,02:24) The stats say that 50% of the population of Phuket is muslim.
                            But this probably does not take into account the many girls from redneckland north of Bangkok who go to Phuket to work work to "take care family"
                            You can convert them to Islam for a few hundred baht and a few ladydrinks if you want.

Inshallah, they will have a great life ahead.
                            May Allah open the eyes of their non-muslim customers and guide them to right path too.Amin.
                            My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

this is true,ive tried this,but when i asked they said they prefer to be pay the few baht for the anal sex, oh well i said up to you if thats what you want!
                              robbo

Comment

Working...
                              X