X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khorat-Khon Kaen-Udon Thani-Nong Khai

I'll be going up to Nong Khai next week and want to travel slowly stopping over in Khorat, Khon Kaen and perhaps Udon Thani.

Does anyone have recent tips on the lb-scene, perhaps phone numbers and recommendations where to stay or is anyone currently in any of those places?

As I'm just warming up here in Pattaya now, I'm a bit worried to suffer from withdrawal symptoms when travelling :-( However, I will have another week in Pattaya after coming back ...

Cheers
    CM

Hey CM, Don't know much about the bars or action but thought the City Lodge in Udon was good value for the baht.

City Lodge

Comment

The big shopping centre right in the middle of Kohrat (forget it's name bit it's the only one) is a good place to go hunting.

I've seen at least two or three without even trying.  There is a good chance that they will chat you up though you will really need to speak/understand Thai.

Never got out and about myself in Khon Kaen but I do know that it's the sort of place that they will be very wary of strangers  -  even Thais.
      Some of the bars may not even let you in the door and if they do you may find the atmosphere is less than welcoming. Once you find your first girl the rest become much easier.

Udon Thani is much more friendly than Khon Kaen but again you will have to speak Thai and it's the same situation that you will probably struggle to find the first girl.

Hotels should be no problem.  Herself and I used to travel around those cities before and no-one batted an eyelid when we checked in.

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

Chinaman, was up in UT last october. There is a group of beer bars off Th Prajak Silapakorn, saw one LB and that was early evening so no doubt there is some more working the bars. I do not think you will have any problems scoring up there, but i kinda got the feeling the place is like a Farang graveyard, lots of crusty old fuckers seriously drinking there lives away. If you head to the Charoensri complex(Robinsons) you will see a car park opposite, cross to the car park and walk to the cross roads, the road running through is Th Prajak Silapakorn. Turn left at the crossroads walk a couple of minutes and turn left again( you should pass some tuk tuk/skylab sales garages). The road you turn into has a concentration of bars and a covered bar complex, this was were i spotted the LB, and lots of GG. There are accom options on this road as well scattered about. Good luck!
        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(marshal @ Jul. 16 2009,01:30) If you head to the Charoensri complex(Robinsons) you will see a car park opposite, cross to the car park and walk to the cross roads, the road running through is Th Prajak Silapakorn. Turn left at the crossroads walk a couple of minutes and turn left again( you should pass some tuk tuk/skylab sales garages). The road you turn into has a concentration of bars and a covered bar complex, this was were i spotted the LB, and lots of GG. There are accom options on this road as well scattered about. Good luck!
          The road marshal is referring to is called: Samphan thamit

On the popular city map of Udon Thani provided by Udonmap.com you can find the street in area P12

Udonmap

Comment

(marshal @ Jul. 16 2009,01:30) Chinaman, was up in UT last october. There is a group of beer bars off Th Prajak Silapakorn, saw one LB and that was early evening so no doubt there is some more working the bars. I do not think you will have any problems scoring up there, but i kinda got the feeling the place is like a Farang graveyard, lots of crusty old fuckers seriously drinking there lives away. If you head to the Charoensri complex(Robinsons) you will see a car park opposite, cross to the car park and walk to the cross roads, the road running through is Th Prajak Silapakorn. Turn left at the crossroads walk a couple of minutes and turn left again( you should pass some tuk tuk/skylab sales garages). The road you turn into has a concentration of bars and a covered bar complex, this was were i spotted the LB, and lots of GG. There are accom options on this road as well scattered about. Good luck!
            Hi CM

Yes i do agree with you Marshal!!!
            Every trip i go to UT. I was there last January. I 'll tell you what i know.

The covered bar complex is called "Night and day".
            I had some nice adventures there...with gg's.

Lb's in bars are rare whereas you can easily spot severals good looking lb's in commercial centers or disco everyday.
            Concerning that "red" area (the street's bars + Night & Day): be aware it's like a small village (Udon Thani as you know is a big city: the third in Thailand if i'm not mistaken). I mean, in Pattaya if you want to hunt "undiscovered" it's still possible.
            You also have to go to the famous "Mr Tong" Next to the night market on the way to station coming from the Charoensri complex. There are often some really nice gg's ( i have checked   Though i didn't see any Lb's, the place is modern like with
            good DJ's (like the Titanium bar in Bkk). Really cool place!

Concerning accommodation, City Lodge is indeed a nice place to stay, one minute away from the bars. You also have the famous "Top mansion" which is most of the time full even during low season, rooms are well furnished, tiled, simple but nice style, very clean and cheap 500THB/per night (modern aircon with remote control, tv cable, balcony, desk, cupboard with key). I just wish they had WIFI! (Though, you have an internet point at the ground floor).

I have many pix to show you...I'll try to post some pix tonight;, i need to find this pix in my old hard disk...

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 15 2009,22:10) Hey CM,  Don't know much about the bars or action but thought the City Lodge in Udon was good value for the baht.

City Lodge
              The City Lodge has closed down - For Rent sign outside. I had sent them an e-mail but never received a reply, no wonder ...
              The Tuk-Tuk driver took me to a place round the corner called Top Mansion, also mentioned in the LP travel guide. 350 Baht per night for quite a nice room with aircon, shower and a big bed - nothing spectacular but clean and functional. WiFi another 100 for a 24 hr period but very slow.
              One starts to appreciate the PBR and all the possibilities in Pattaya when travelling to other places.

Little action and I also wasn't really in the mood. The ones who know me are aware of the fact that I am not really a bar-person, in particular when on my own - better with a buddy.

I still prefer Chiang Mai where I can "work the streets" ;-)

So, all in all a very relaxing trip - sleeping, reading and just taking it easy.

Lots of Germans seem to live up here and run some of the places here.

Comment

Never made it to Khorat but stayed for 2 nights at the Kaen Inn in KK. I found KK pretty boring. Udon has more charm and seems more touristy.

But in general, if looking for action, only BKK, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai seem to be places worthwhile to go unless you venture into bars and chat up the girls, then there will always be something but quality is quite low.

Decent internet is always a problem and meal prices are much higher up here than in Pattaya.

Comment

"Mr Tong" is hit or miss. But I've heard when its good, it can be very good for talent.

During the day, just wander the Mall (Robinsons ?)
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

My last night in Udon. Just went for a late night dinner and a short walk as it was raining a bit. Other than Chiang Mai, not really a place I would die to come back to.

I saw a few lbs but unless they signal they are available I am not a very forward guy. Had one drink at the Day and Night complex and the wrong gals (GGs) sat down next to me, so I finished up and left. Hardly any lookers or actually none at all.

It was good to have a few quiet days, sort out some thoughts and relax, but otherwise this has been disappointing.

Sorry, no exciting news from up here ...

Comment

Back to this thread...

I indeed have many pics but there are always some faces i can't show...
                      So just a few pics !

Top mansion room (400thb actually)
                      Attached Files

Comment

1 Girl from Night & Day complex. A student, nice girl but not enough experienced
                        for my taste.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Girls you can find in Mr Tong where i took the pics and back to the room...
                          Those ones are experienced    
                          Attached Files

Comment

yes ,i spent a few day in udon thani-i quite like the place -it feels like real thailand to me,and i like the fact there are few farangs there.I saw 2 very passable lbs in the day and night complex,the one in your foto,the student i sawt here ,and would have taken her but i had an lb girlfriend to meet later on that night.If you look around the internet sites,you will see lots of lbs from udon thani.The udorn hotel is another good hotel,very lb friendly-570 for double room incluing b/fast for 2-good value.

Comment

Working...
                            X