X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to stay on Phi Phi island?

Moderators, this maybe should be under Thailand Travel Information, but I thought I'd get a lot more informed looks on here...

Phuket Town and Phi Phi Hotels -->

Any suggestions btwn 1000-1500bt (higher for Phi Phi, sadly, or whatever the cost, if you think it's worth it, I'd like to hear about it), preferably with a kitchen/kitchenette with a stove (of at least 2 burners)?  (internet a plus)  This is for next month.

P Town -- a good location would be nice but not necessary.
    Phi Phi -- kind of needs to be on the main beach, Phi Phi Dan (sp?).

Cheers, and thanks for any input.

fb

I wouldn't bother with Phuket Town to be honest- with Patong only 20 minutes away you have a far greater choice. There are a couple of decent hotels in town though. Not been to Phi Phi in the 4 years I have been here but it may be worth putting Phi Phi in search to bring up people's trip reports.
    I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Thanks IB.

I have the same feeling about staying in P Town, but that's where my best girl lives, and I can understand her thinking that on her "down time" with me for a while she'd rather not run into old customers in Patong. So, we talked about staying in PT for a few days.

Just researching.

Cheers.

Comment

Where to stay on Phi Phi island....I can't be arsed to read the forum.

Comment

Geezer if your looking for a nice little bungalow on PP island i would go for tropical gardens...you have to go past the main town bit then go up a hill, its not to luxurious, but its Ok for 1K, has a swimming pool....but in low season i think you can get for about 600 baht. There is some other nice places along the way but forget the names...But your looking at 1500k plus...phi phi isnt as cheap for rooms, it is quite expensive compared to your main land properties.

Comment

(Boarhog @ Jul. 17 2009,07:08) Where to stay on Phi Phi island....I can't be arsed to read the forum.
            I have.  When my search function works properly.  Too much, in fact.  

Couldn't find what I was looking for, was tired of wasting time, so wanted to see if anyone had any recent experiences.  Repeating of threads is an inevitable component of a forum.

And mine was mostly driven by my lack of info on Phuket Town, but as Phi Phi is in the mix, I added that too.  A moderator retitled it and left P-Town out of the title.

Does that meet with your satisfaction, Lord Boarhog, oh ye of unlimited time to read the forum?

Comment

I was just giving you the treatment you gave that new poster the other night. Poor fella, I think that was his first and last post.

Phi Phi has plenty of walk up accomadation during slow seasons. I went the end of July and kept upgrading each day to some where better or cheaper, but just in guesthouses.  

There isn't much accomadation on the beaches because of the Tsunami (gosh I hope I spelled that right)  unless you want a thatched hut for 200 baht.  The main beach area is pretty small on both sides.  

There is some private areas that have more upscale accomadation, more resort style with a very small beach. You can take a water taxi to get to the bars, resteruant and pier.

Here are a couple photos of these places, We took long walk to one then had lunch at one of the resorts resteruants and took a water taxi back to the pier area.  I think this is what your after for the Branjolina componant, of the stay. No crowds at these beaches.
              Attached Files

Comment

God, did I really do that to a newbie? No recollection whatsoever -- I keep telling myself not to post whilst imbibing, but it doesn't seem to work. Can we get a breathalyzer function on this forum?

Thanks for the input, T -- I'll look into it.

Comment

OK, found the post you're referring to. Apples and oranges, me thinks.

I thought my post was pretty good myself, actually. Even got me some applause.

I'm gonna have another drink and post some more!!!

Comment

farangbah,

I stayed at PP Casita. Its close to the main beach on phi phi don. You can rent bungalows and villas. The bungalows are on the smal size, but ok if you stay a few days. You can book online. The prices are low at the moment.

Bill

Comment

Phi Phi Banyan Tree is pretty good with it's own pool

Comment

Working...
                      X