X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Air... It's not so bad!

back in march i started a thread and asked if anyone had flown with jet air (cant find it now) and got negative a responce as i had allready booked i was not too happy but it was too late but i have too say have they are just as good as the other cheaper airlines if not better imho the planes on the shortist leg are not as big but its only 4 hrs or so i was flying from via mumbia to bkk so if anyone has any reservations dont worry the onboard service was very good nothing was too much trouble and food was good with metel knives and forks will use them agian if they are the cheapest at the time
    i long to live in los  

Thanks Paul, that's excellent news.

I have an October flight booked with Jet Airways, London to Bangkok Via Mumbai, having never flown with them before.

I had heard a lot of negative reviews (as well as some good and OK reviews) regarding Jet, but I went ahead and booked seeing as the flight was over £150 cheaper than any competitor for those dates, and knowing that they have recently started sharing a frequent flyer programme with Etihad (and quite a few miles already built up with them).

The problem with most airline reviews online is that people who have had a particularly bad experience with an airline are more motivated to post a review than those who have had an OK or good flight, so it's great to hear a positive one regarding.

Thanks Paul, you've helped ease my mind

Comment

cheers i have flight in 3weeks time with jet £350return from uk via bombay 15hrs 30mins total

Comment

flew with jet in march and no problems. am using them again in two weeks ok flight at a very good price,same as tim1212,£350

Comment

Most of the moans I have heard about the Jet Airways flight from UK to BKK is the stop over in Mumbai.

I've never experienced Mumbai airport before, but it doesn't sound good. Saying that, my stop over is under 2 hours so how bad can the expereince be? (famous last words)..

Comment

(kliome @ Aug. 23 2009,12:28) I've never experienced Mumbai airport before, but it doesn't sound good. Saying that, my stop over is under 2 hours so how bad can the expereince be? (famous last words)..
            As you're surrounded by hundreds of tailors imploring you to buy a suit as you're rushing to make your connection.

Comment

kliome for the time your there the airport is more then ok
              i long to live in los  

Comment

Good to hear the flip side, I was one of those to cast aspersions on Jet Airways based upon the many reviews I had read and two friends talking to me about their bad experience with long delays in Bombay.
                Despite paulj92's review, I still would not feel inclined to use one of the so called low cost airlines for a flight longer than 4 hours and in addition, I prefer to fly Europe-Bangkok non stop.

Comment

i prefer to fly non stop too and have done many times but the cost of flight comes in to it i would rather spend my money in then on flights big facter for me btw tim1212 and danwin250 how far in advance are you booking to get those prices and from where i have never got them that cheap what am i doing wrong ?
                  i long to live in los  

Comment

word of advise.. I would skip any meals on board and at the BOM airport. Also avoid drinking any water at the airport,  I would stick to drinking coke or beer. Report back how was your trip.
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the world"
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

paulj92. last 4 trips have booked through netflights.com, always very good prices. booked in may for £350 . same as you mate,can afford direct but would rather spend my hard earned in other ways

Comment

Mumbai is not too bad an airport (At least compared with Delhi !!!!) but just think of Athens 20 years ago and its almost exactly the same - the same could be said for almost every airport in Southern Europe I have flown through - they are just 20 years behind the times. For a couple of hour transit its quite OK.

Cheers
                        Mardhi

Comment

(paulj92 @ Aug. 30 2009,13:55) i prefer to fly non stop too and have done many times but the cost of flight comes in to it i would rather spend my money in    then on flights
                          I don't agree.....My holiday experience begins and ends with a comfortable, hassle free flight to and from Bangkok to my final destination airport

Comment

You might change your mind if you were flying from America. I could put a down payment on a new home with what they charge for a non-stop business class flight.

Comment

I always try to budget on the flight. And will usually opt for the budget airlines, whilst trying to build up my air miles with Etihad and EVA.

I would agree, the money I save on my flights are spent a lot more productively when I land Why spend ££££ on a flight when I'm going to be asleep for 95% of the experience?

I don't mind stop overs which are under 2 hrs, and they're sometimes a welcome chance to get out and stretch your legs. The only thing that really matters to me is to leave and arrive on time!

Comment

Working...
                              X