X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Pattaya tailor...

Have seen a thread previously on recommended tailor shop in Pattaya but cannot find it with the search function (tried "tailor"in all open forums this year). From memory there is a place opposite Tukcom but would help if someone could direct me to the thread

I have similar problems using the search function.

I remember it is in Soi 2 & the guys name is John. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

Has anyone been lately? I hope they are still there, I need to get a few things.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Here's a thread

If cost is an issue, then going to the Thai tailors in the TukCom area eliminates the middleman.  This works best if you speak Thai or if you want an exact copy of a suit you like and bring it along to the tailor.

Comment

That sounds a lot better than talking to one of those slimy Indians that harrass tourists on the pavement

Going to a Tailor is one of the neccessary but horrible experiences i think one can have...the bulllshit that some of those guys come out with about the cloth and quality and such like.... oh dear , you need almost need earplugs.

good luck

Comment

Just be careful what fabric they offer you and what you finally get. I had a few jackets and black trousers made a few years ago by that famous tailor on Sukhumvit in BKK, near the Landmark, and the material was not exactly up to my expectation.

In the end you get what you pay for. Cheap means low quality material and shitty craftsmanship. I had suits made back home and they have lasted me for ages.

If you have the time, have something cheap done first, like a shirt and see how he deals with it. If satisfied, go for the more expensive items.

Comment

Working...
          X