X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok to Melbourne Flights?

Thinking of making a stop in Bangkok Feb 20th or thereabouts as a route back via Philippines, perhaps to meet a couple of you charming mongers and get a peek at LOS for the first time.

I've spent about 6.5 of my last 11 years in Asia, can't believe I haven't been there yet.

Anyway, I guess some of you guys are experts on finding the best flights from Bangkok to Melbourne. Is Jetstar any good? Any other recommendations?

What about Bangkok to Bali to Darwin to Melbourne? I see air asia has some cheap flights from Bali to Darwin at the moment and virgin has $99 flights from Darwin to Melbourne.

Any advice appreciated.
    www.CebuLadyboy.com
    Meet an English Speaking Ladyboy from the Philippines?

Also check our new site: www.AngelesLadyboy.com
    Resource for Guys who want or are in Relationships with Transwomen
    www.TransOriented.com

Bkk melb on jestar is not too bad.

Some times you can pick up a cheap air asia flight via kl too.
    Just booked one today for $110 to melbourne for next october

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Dec. 07 2010,08:40) Bkk melb on jestar is not too bad.

Some times you can pick up a cheap air asia flight via kl too.
      Just booked one today for $110 to melbourne for next october  
      $110 via KL, that's impressive! Seems most my flights via KL either get stuck overnight or very long waits. I guess that's the price of saving via indirect flights.
      www.CebuLadyboy.com
      Meet an English Speaking Ladyboy from the Philippines?

Also check our new site: www.AngelesLadyboy.com
      Resource for Guys who want or are in Relationships with Transwomen
      www.TransOriented.com

Comment

I've flown Jetstar a number of times on short haul flights within Asia - nothing to particularly recommend them, nor did I experience any problems to complain about.

These discount carriers are all about price and if you are willing to move fast when they announce an advance sale you can get some pretty incredible prices. I would recommend that you get on their email lists so that you receive updates prior to tickets going on sale.

Cebu Pacific doesn't fly to Oz, but does fly to Bangkok and Jakarta from Manila which might also work for you. I must say their sale prices are quite attractive.

Comment

There is only one good thing about Jetshit _ direct flight from Melbourne to Bangkok.

Comment

Ive flown jetstar a couple of times.. I cantcomplain - good basic service imo.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

You have been fortunate and you can only judge on your own experience - so fair enough.

My experience is not so lucky. Twice when travelling to Bangkok and once when going to Ko Samui I was sent home with the flight delayed until next morning.

But we have limited choice for direct flights from Melbourne to Bangkok and generally the cabin staff are good.

Comment

and I forgot about another time when the flight was delayed by 5 hours. That is a compliance rate of about 50% - 60% for me.

Comment

Delays I can cop... Cancelations like on cebupacific..
                  thats another story

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Dec. 15 2010,02:22) Delays I can cop... Cancelations like on cebupacific..
                    thats another story
                    Cancellations are clearly the worst. But Jetshit's record of being on time is deplorable.

Comment

Working...
                    X