Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udon Thani

Hi,
    any good places to go in Udon thani for lbs and hotel recommandations ?
    Thanks

Due to the fact we never hear about any scene in UT, it is highly likely that all resident ladyboys are either still at school or have come home to retire.

You are aware that most of these northern towns have little night life to speak of & are pretty much closed up by 8pm?

I may be wrong & I look forward to your confirmation or rejection of my post.

I just had a thought - so many girls have abandoned Pattaya & Bangkok because tourism numbers are so quiet that there may be some sweeties walking around where you least suspected. And I wouldn't wait till dark either, check the local markets, etc.

PLUS, many of the better looking girls have been bullied out of some of the bars, being too pretty in Pattaya at the moment can get a girl killed. Wouldn't it be ironic to run into one of them in Udon or somewhere similar?
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Try Mr Tongs Bar on the same street as the Railway Station around 10pm onward. On the same street try a new bar called the office.
      There is also Soi Katoey, which is directly accross from the University on the way out of town on the left. University Gates on the right. Many live there, hence the nick-name of the soi.

Cheers,

JF
      f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(f0xxee @ Jun. 01 2011,17:32) Try Mr Tongs Bar on the same street as the Railway Station around 10pm onward.
        10pm...      

So much for my suggestion about the place being closed by 8. I was aware that Udon Thani is a city & not a small village but it serves me right for sprouting off about a place I have never been to.

Thank you Foxxee for correcting my post. And to the OP, an update after your visit would be very welcome. I am sure there are more than just I who would be interested in who has moved back there. And particularly if there is a scene in UT, we may learn about some of the Pattaya refugees.

Bugger it, I may have to go myself... where's my camera?
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I will post what I will learn there.

Comment

Thanks. I like the local updates from rural Thailand.

Especially if there are a few pics to go with them!
            I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

Comment

I went to Udon Thani last week. There are a few bars in the Days and Night area with lbs; I saw 3.
              Mr. Tong bar was closed when I was there and the office too. They change the for something like Doc's bar where poeple arrive quite late.
              Anyway, it was good to visit these place and to see another side of Thailand.

Comment

check out Thaifriendly a meeting site they have a lot of ladyboys listed from around the country. Of course many are from bangkok, chiang mai, and pattaya but a lot from the sticks as well.

Comment

You may have a look on my reports Isaan I - IV from february 2008, maybe you find some still useful information there
                  Ernesto

Comment

Working...
                  X