X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiang Mai and further north

On my trip to Burma I want to make a first stop in CM (2 nights) before travelling on to the Mae Sai/Tachilek border.
    I have not been to CM for two years now, from my last visit I just remember Shamrock and Marina bar as well as the late night strip on Loi Kroh, maybe there have been some changes or new spots have come up ?
    Thanks for every update, also any information about Mae Sai is heartly welcome.

Ernesto

On my last visit to Chang Mai there was still only Shamrock and Marina bar and well the late night strip on Loi Kroh.

I was told there were some LBs in a massage parlour to the right of the complex that is to the right of the Entertainment Complex that houses Marina's Bar. I went in and looked through the full staff photo album and they were all male, not even a femme-boy, so I left.

I may be in Bagan and Inle Lake areas for a few days early in the 2nd week in January - Not a likely place to find LBs, but if you do find, please let me know.

Have a great trip!

Comment

I was last in Chiang Mai around November 2010.

Things seemed basically the same from memory.

Most of the action was at Marina Bar & Shamrock Bar, and of course the street is always fun.

I'll be back there this coming November, so shall update.

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

On the westside of old city next to Ram hospital there is a hotel and the disco is a hang out for ladyboys as per the nurses on my floor when I was a guest of the hospital back in January. just take a tuk-tuk to Ram hospital get off in front of hospital and walk about 100 feet north to the hotel.

I never got a chance to check this place out so cannot absolutely confirm. You can also catch a red truck on the oneway road that circles clock wise and ask to go to Ram Hospital and the fare is 20 baht.

if you check this place out let us know as I will be back in Nov.

Comment

Thanks Moe
          If I get to CM I will certainly have a look on this place.
          But my last information from Burma was that you can only enter and leave the country via Yangon airport.I try to verify this but it is not easy as at the embassy in Berlin ( also in charge for Austria) no one even takes the phone.
          In this case I will not get to CM but maybe I will forget about Burma at all and go to other destination, there are many places I have not been yet and getting there and from might be easier, not talking about ladyboys.
          Let´s wait and see there are still 3 month left until my departure (Dec22)

Ernesto

Comment

The Game !
            thanks for information. I have been there at this parlor but I remember there were only ladies (but it is some time ago) and their service was lousy !

Comment

* A little bit of info from my November 2010 visit...

Whilst strolling up Loi Kroh Road (past the Chiang Mai Entertainment Complex, and towards the old city/moat), I found a nice quiet bar with two ladyboys, and a very camp gay owner. The owner's name was Somchai (I think) and he was quite a character. Apparently he is well known in Chiang Mai within the gay & ladyboy communities, and has owned a number of venues over the years. The bar was called Sassy Bar.

I sat and had a drink with one of the ladyboys named Wan, who was pleasant company.

Cheers
              Koykaeng
              Attached Files
              Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Ernesto - Your information is correct in so far as you can only enter and leave Burma (Myanmar) via Yangon airport.

Even (foreign) people with very high connections cannot fly from Bangkok to Bagan or Inle Lake without first passing through immigration at Yangon - and because of connections and use of air-space by the Junta, one cannot avoid an overnight stay in Yangon even with a private plane at one's disposal.

(So I was told by my December/January Clients who want to do a few days in Bagan and Inle Lake).

Comment

The Game !
                  Thanks, so the information I got seems to be correct, in this case I think to change the destination of my winter trip.But where to go ??
                  Philippines I promised in january not to come back due to my bad
                  experience in Cebu (stolen mobile,no ladyboy highlights etc.)
                  ev. Mindanao ?
                  Laos having been there four times now
                  Cambodia My last visit to Sihanoukville was disappointing, PP was ok,
                  eventually Siam Riep ??
                  Indonesia ev. Sulawesi, heard about ladyboys in Ujung Padang
                  Malaysia having good memories of Kuching , less good of Kota Kinabalu
                  KL not attracting me anymore
                  so again Thailand but not for five weeks, that´s too long for me, one week Phuket and one week Pattaya that´s sufficient.My longtime ladyboyfriend, who lives now in Issan, wrote that she had a few beautiful ladyboys for me there (Chum Pae or Khon Kaen), might be an option for a few days.
                  Anyway I have a confirmed flight to Bangkok on Dec 22nd, returnflight January 27th,anything else is now still open.
                  Any proposal to spend this time is heartly welcome.

Ernesto

Comment

Koykaeng !
                    Thanks for this valuable information and the pic of this beautiful ladyboy
                    As you can see from my reply above i am thinking over now my whole trip
                    maybe I will stroll along through Thailands countryside,CM should be worth a visit anyway
                    Ernesto

Comment

Come up and check out Chiang mai it a great city. Not to big but with enough to do that one doesn't get bored. The bar scene is small but there is plenty of action. Check out thai friendly they have a ladyboy section with many ladyboys not in the p4p scene. A few from Chiang mai.

You can do Burma in about 10 days and it is easier to fly to your destinations than taking a bus or taxi. on my first trip I chartered a taxi for a trip to Bagan.It took 16 hours to travel about 400 miles the average speed was about 30 miles an hour I think. Getting gas is a trip as it is rationed but there are plenty of underground stations around. We pulled into some town about 2 or 3 in the morning and found a group of men setting at the fire station. We pulled up and the driver started talking to them after a bit of pointing and gesturing one gets up and tosses a few rocks up aganist a window a head sticks out " what do you want" gas was the reply after a bit he comes down with a pail of gas tops off the tank and away we went.

The Burmese are great people very friendly and happy to talk. i went back a couple of years later and looked up the driver and a good time was had by all. When we came back from bagan he put me up in his house fro one night ,fed me, and I got to meet the family.

You can get a visa in Bangkok at the Burma Embassy it use to be bit of a hassel but I donot know how it is now.it is defiantly worth a visit. You get to see some classic stuff while driving to Bagan we passed two ladies on their bicycles with one hand on the handle bars and the other holding a umbrella of course the camera was in the bag.

I think it was fredfunk spent a couple of weeks in Chiang mai check out his posts in the travel section.

Comment

Although I have never been to Davao I have met two beautiful LBs from there and spent many days with both (separately and in different years).

The "Ladyboy Kisses" site features many LBs from Davao - but then 90% of the LBs on the site are from the Philippines .

However, outside of LBs, there is no architectural or cultural interests in the Philippines.

Of the places you mention in your post # 9 - At least in Siam Riep you have Ankor Wat to revisit and the LB population is said to be increasing.  

For the rest, after so many visits, there is no incentive to return.

Comment

Moe & the Game
                          thanks friends for your comments.
                          As I will not be able to do my Burma trip according my schedule I will wait until regulations will change again , maybe Burma will be more open after elections:
                          I have made a new travel schedule which looks like that (changes still possible )
                          Flying from Vienna via Bangkok to Chiang Mai (Dec 22) , staying there over Christmas
                          continuing by bus (or train) to Phitsanouk
                          from there to Chum Pae (or Khon Kaen) there I have a friend (ladyboy) who wants to show me a few pretty local ladyboys (sounds good, doesn´t it ?)
                          I have scheduled 3 days for that
                          on by bus to Aranyaprathet and via Poipet to Siem Riap (2 nights)
                          there I want to do some of the Zanzibar Ladyboys
                          via PP on to Manila - hopefully there will be a direct flight connection
                          4-5 days Angeles/Subic Bay
                          6-7 days Mindanao (Davao/Cagayan d`Oro
                          on the way back 3 days Manila
                          7 days Phuket (ev 2-3 days on Koh Samui)
                          5 days Pattaya
                          if still alive flight back on January 28 2012

Pic 1 Oil my friend in Chum Pae
                          Pic 2/3 Ladyboys from Zanzibar (Siem Riap)
                          I think it is worthwile to go there
                          Attached Files

Comment

oil is very cute

Burma has always been a pain to visit but worth the look. If things work out this trip I may go back for a week or so. The people are fantastic.

The only city there are flights to in Burma is Yangon. Once there Air Bagan flies to all of the major destinations. You can take the bus maybe it has improved heheheh. Met a fella and his girlfriend in Bagan he said there wasn't a bus he rode on that hadn't broke down, been in an accident, or delayed for what ever reason in the two weeks he was there.

Travelling in Burma there is basiclly a tourist loop: Yangon, Bagan, Ingle lake, Mandalay, and the beach. Also you can take a boat ride down the Irrawaddy River. Afriend of mine rode the train a few years ago to Mandalay and enjoyed it.

Comment

I have been to Burma twice (with my late wife) and have seen the major tourists spots (Lake Inle,Silver beach,Mandalay, Bagan etc.) and also have done the luxury cruise on the "Road to Mandalay" down the Irrawady.
                              This time I wanted to do some place beneath the beaten track (Mrauk U
                              Moulmein, Pyin U Lin) with some railroad rides and leave the country through the utmost south border station of Kawthoung.
                              It should have been more an adventurous trip,but it seems this is not possible for the moment,so I will wait until the generals change their mind again or will be exchanged themselves .
                              Maybe in one year the whole situation looks different again.
                              I am rescheduling my travel as above.

Ernesto

Comment

Working...
                              X