X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
    Crag, loving your continuing reports on your Buriram adventures with your lb girlfriend. Reminds me of my visits to Uthai Thani with my lb gf, not quite as big as Buriram though! Does the Canadian flag get you into a restaurant every time? Don't see many Canadian flags in LOS.

Work has been keeping me busy lately, but I have a week break now, so can catch up a bit on posting.
    Yes the Canadian Flag gets me in always, but not often it is up.
    Funny as i was looking for more information on Buriram restaurants i found this page:

If you watch the slideshow video for NEKROMANTIX SALOON, you see there is several pictures of a guy sitting at the bar wearing a Saskatchewan Roughrider hat.
    I was never at that bar so I knew it wasn't me. Now i barely saw many farangs at all much less from Saskatchewan. Anyway I took at least a dozen Sask Roughrider baseball caps to the family there, I wonder if they have been selling them at the market. I knew they weren't really Rider fans
    Or maybe that is her new boyfriend?
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

So here is a few more shots from the Buriram country side and couple of my GF and her herd of cows.

DSC00138.jpgDSC00660.jpgP1470138.jpgP1470125.jpgDSC00596.jpgDSC00614.jpgDSC00628.jpg
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Love the prices

gotta love the prices on stuff out here.
        DSC00969.jpgDSC00970.jpg
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

So the house was getting real nice, i cannot say how much of it I financed but it was alot.
          We went to Makro and bought some commercial shelving and stocked up on stuff including 10 cases of Chang.
          Their place was becoming perfect for a store so I helped them get it set up as such.
          Of course all the neighbourhood men want store credit so they could get some Chang now.
          I told them I could not wait until next rice season to get paid.
          There was a kitchen dining area too.
          The neighbours house still looked the same, they were digging up around it but nothings changed.

So this was my last visit to Buriram but there is more story past this.
          The story takes a horrific turn so maybe i will save the last part until Halloween , or maybe never.

Hope someone learned something about Buriram.

Attached Files
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crag View Post
            So the house was getting real nice, i cannot say how much of it I financed but it was alot.
            We went to Makro and bought some commercial shelving and stocked up on stuff including 10 cases of Chang.
            Their place was becoming perfect for a store so I helped them get it set up as such.
            Of course all the neighbourhood men want store credit so they could get some Chang now.
            I told them I could not wait until next rice season to get paid.
            There was a kitchen dining area too.
            The neighbours house still looked the same, they were digging up around it but nothings changed.

So this was my last visit to Buriram but there is more story past this.
            The story takes a horrific turn so maybe i will save the last part until Halloween , or maybe never.

Hope someone learned something about Buriram.

Thanks for the posts Crag. I've never heard about Buriram before and the TR is great with your personal thoughts...the "horrific turn" doesn't sound good at all though.

Comment

Originally posted by northernguy222 View Post
              Thanks for the posts Crag. I've never heard about Buriram before and the TR is great with your personal thoughts...the "horrific turn" doesn't sound good at all though.
              Well there is some lessons to be had in here, a lot of it may sound very classic to some.
              Getting dragged out to Issan, Building the house and paying for everything.

I never really expected to go to Buriram in the first place, it was a cool experience to have in a lot of ways.
              Sometimes i wonder why i even went back and other times I don't.
              Be careful when your LB tries to take you out to the country.

In Thailand after a while most of the sincerity seems to peel away, and things don't seem so real.
              It takes a while to recognize it but a lot of times you are just going along for the ride.
              Other times you just feel like you want to do the right thing, which plays right into their hand often.

The rest of the story is interesting i think, but not sure if I will post it up or not.

Some day i may go back and see how things look there.
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Also since I have been there they have built Thailand's Largest football field in Buriram.

i-mobile-stadium.jpg

Home to Buriram United

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buriram_United_F.C.

Also Amari has opened a Football themed Hotel there, which I think has to be the nicest hotel in the area.
                Book your next stay at Amari Buriram United. We're located only 450 metres from Chang Arena and our hotel is near Buriram Castle and Chang International Circuit (Buriram United International Circuit). Our football-themed hotel features Deluxe-Two Bedroom Suites, a all-day dining restaurant and a swimming pool. We look forward to brightening your world.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Awesome Name

The Thunder Castle!!! Awesome name for a pitch...or for most any kind of building actually. I might have to go to Buriram just to get some banners and such as I think I'll steal that name for my condo.

Comment

Originally posted by northernguy222 View Post
                    The Thunder Castle!!! Awesome name for a pitch...or for most any kind of building actually. I might have to go to Buriram just to get some banners and such as I think I'll steal that name for my condo.
                    I would be interested to go back there and check that thing out.
                    Never thought they would put something like that, way the hell out there.
                    I suspect that you can buy football gear for this club and stadium in Bangkok and Pattaya very easily.

It is quite way to go just for footy gear, but going for a big game or something that could be interesting.
                    Up to 8 hours by car and just over and hour in the air, but then you are still a ways away from anything.
                    Bus I cannot really recommend at all. I also don't recommend much highway travel at night.
                    As i said we got shook down for money out in the middle of nowhere by supposed cops, right on the freeway.
                    and there is vehicles of all shapes and forms cruising at top speed with no lights or reflectors.
                    It is better in the city as there is light but in the country there is lots of stuff you can't see at night.
                    Buffalo and cows come to mind also. No deer or much near most freeways like Canada, because most of Thailand's wildlife is in the jungle areas and parks, but livestock runs wild mostly.

Buriram you often have to yield for Elephants. Guys just show up with their elephants everywhere.
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I am again amazed at the explosion of wealth and growth in Buriram.

Now I see there is a new International Raceway in Buriram district, put together by the same guy who owns the football team.
                      So the guy has his football team and race track right beside each other with the Amari resort too.
                      It is all just outside Buriram city and capable of hosting a Formula 1 event.

10702021_1548861362017635_1411198858760362624_n.jpgpost-143096-0-59541400-1410769289.jpg

Still, the small airport is 40km or more away. To drive from the Bangkok airport is 5 hours at best, so not sure how the international community will like this. There is alot more hotels and stuff now but if they want international racing events, I think they have a ways to go there.

I would think all this development would have paved the way for some Ladyboy bars.

Attached Files
                      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Great report buddy.

Buriram/Ubon Ratchatahni is on my to do list. Last September i had been planning to visit Phanom Rung & Phi Mai. Area was severely effected by flooding at the time so i forfeited my airfare and hotel.

Thanks for the heads up about the bus trips to Issan - i was contemplating the bus back from Khorat to Pattaya this coming Xmas as i was hope to take a quick look at Khorat and Phi Mai - from what you said the trip to Buriram was a nightmare... can assume my one would be as well.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Originally posted by azza33 View Post
                          Great report buddy.

Buriram/Ubon Ratchatahni is on my to do list. Last September i had been planning to visit Phanom Rung & Phi Mai. Area was severely effected by flooding at the time so i forfeited my airfare and hotel.

Thanks for the heads up about the bus trips to Issan - i was contemplating the bus back from Khorat to Pattaya this coming Xmas as i was hope to take a quick look at Khorat and Phi Mai - from what you said the trip to Buriram was a nightmare... can assume my one would be as well.
                          If you can get on daytime VIP express type buses it is ok, the second time I went that is what we did.
                          The regular buses and nighttime buses are over crowded and awful. I just found it a nightmare to and from Buriram on the night time express, but it was hard in general to get a bus back out. There was never any transportation of any kind at the bus depot. It may be better in other places or even there now. Of course the airport was the best option for $120 return.
                          Khorat seemed a little better all the way around, so it may have better bus routes.
                          Unfortunately you can take a car out there from Bangkok for a decent price. Finding someone to drive you back is harder.
                          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Buriram United is owned by Newin Chidchob and is also one of the owners of the new race track. He was a cabinet minister with Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai party from 2002-2005. After the 2006 coup he and his friends formed a new party and shifted alliance to the Democrat party as a new ruling coalition that lasted 2008-2010.

He's an extremely wealthy man, who likely benefited a great deal during his political career.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                            Membership Levels
                            The Rookie Thread
                            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
                              Buriram United is owned by Newin Chidchob and is also one of the owners of the new race track. He was a cabinet minister with Thaksin's Thai Rak Thai party from 2002-2005. After the 2006 coup he and his friends formed a new party and shifted alliance to the Democrat party as a new ruling coalition that lasted 2008-2010.

He's an extremely wealthy man, who likely benefited a great deal during his political career.
                              Yes he has spent a lot of money out there, i just wonder if the transportation system has improved out there because of it. Buses and such were not that great a few years ago when i was going out there, possibly bus service has improved due to the demand for transport to the area. Of course in a place like Thailand they can build large private facilities like this but no money is spent on public infrastructure to improve. Although the website said the roadways nearby were improved to handle the rush of crowds. Before the roads and highways in the area were in fairly poor condition with big potholes and such.
                              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

It would also be interesting to find out if the new high speed rail will run through Buriram, if it does then you can be sure that there were some strings pulled, and it would boost visitors to the race track and the stadium.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                                Membership Levels
                                The Rookie Thread
                                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                                X