Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Canada still isn't using Thai Airways on Flights to Bangkok.

Before they always had connections from Tokyo and Hong Kong on Thai under Air Canada code share.
    Now they seem to have replaced Thai with Cathay Pacific, which isn't even a star alliance partner.
    They have always used Asiana and ANA airlines to Bangkok too.

When i first started going to Thailand almost 10 years ago, Thai airways stood out as being great.
    Comfort, service and decent aircraft.
    Since nothing has improved comfort and service has gotten worse.
    The planes are becoming dated and run down.
    They do have one Dreamliner but it only flies to Chiang Mai.
    Thai Airways does have the best Airport lounges in the business though.

Still i never like to fly the budget airlines in Thailand much, i just don't trust them.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I think the reason why Thai doesn't show up on the AC routes to Hong Kong and Tokyo from BKK is due to the Thai financial problems. They are probably could not get an agreement on the breakdown of the ticket costs. AC claims that any tickets bought online from them are the lowest prices (as compared to travel agents and non-discount sites).

Thai has also not been able to come to an agreement with Emirates, as they used to operate a daily Thai/Emirates code share flight from Dubai to Bangkok.

They recently have a new CEO who has a turnaround plan for them. Hopefully it will be successful, they are cutting unprofitable routes, selling off old planes, and taking delivery (although delayed a bit) of new planes. I hope their service will also improve, with earlier retirement packages being offered.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
        I think the reason why Thai doesn't show up on the AC routes to Hong Kong and Tokyo from BKK is due to the Thai financial problems. They are probably could not get an agreement on the breakdown of the ticket costs. AC claims that any tickets bought online from them are the lowest prices (as compared to travel agents and non-discount sites).

Thai has also not been able to come to an agreement with Emirates, as they used to operate a daily Thai/Emirates code share flight from Dubai to Bangkok.

They recently have a new CEO who has a turnaround plan for them. Hopefully it will be successful, they are cutting unprofitable routes, selling off old planes, and taking delivery (although delayed a bit) of new planes. I hope their service will also improve, with earlier retirement packages being offered.
        So far I don't mind. I used to think Thai was great, as I say, but since I have flown more on ANA and Asiana.
        ANA has significantly improved their planes and leg room. I often buy Air Canada business class fares from Vancouver that are cheap because the connecting flights have no guarantee of an upgrade because they are on another carrier. ANA upgraded me the last time to Bangkok and Thai has never done that.
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
        X