First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip phuket air

Phuket Air suffers further embarrassment

Published on Apr 10 , 2005 - The Nation, Bangkok

Phuket Air suffered another blow to its reputation yesterday when many passengers cancelled their flight to the Netherlands after learning that it would be delayed by over 20 hours.

Some passengers on flight 9R619 from Bangkok to Amsterdam also complained about having to wait for hours during the afternoon heat in an aircraft whose air-conditioning system was switched off.

Chawanit Chiamcharoenvut, executive vice president of Phuket Airlines Co Ltd, denied the air-conditioners were switched off. He said that after the engine was started, the air-conditioning system needed time to cool the cabin due to the extremely hot weather outside.

"I insist that there is no problem with the aircraft. We are well prepared for the flight. Our pilot doesn't want to risk his life. Delays are unavoidable sometimes," he said.

The executive said the flight was delayed because the aircraft originally designated to fly the route was undergoing urgent repairs in Britain. Airline officials also had to wait for authorities at the Amsterdam airport to clear the plane to land outside of its originally allotted time, he said.

The flight, which was originally scheduled to leave Bangkok at 11.50pm on Saturday, was eventually slated to take off at 9pm last night.

A passenger who requested anonymity said a fellow passenger fainted at about 5pm yesterday after waiting for two hours on the plane. She said passengers were told to board the plane at about 3pm but were not told until later that the flight would leave at 9pm.

She said many of the remaining passengers decided to defy an order for them to remain on the plane after the passenger that fainted was removed for treatment. The anonymous woman and her daughter were among those who later cancelled their tickets.

Earlier this month, British authorities investigated three separate incidents involving Phuket Air described as "horror flights" by the media in that country.

The airline twice aborted flights from the United Arab Emirates bound for Britain last Sunday when passengers angrily complained after spotting fuel gushing from a wing.

Another flight was delayed overnight last Wednesday due to hydraulic problems. On the following day a flight from London's Gatwick Airport to Bangkok returned to the British capital after an engine had to be shut off mid-flight.

The privately run airline was established in 2001, starting with flights to Ranong and Phuket. Later it offered international flights to London and Amsterdam.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...4454_1,00.html

People freak out over this stuff. I was on a Thai Air flight that just as we took off I saw fuel gushing out of a port on the top of the wing. I knew it was fuel because of how quickly it was evaporating. Once the plane leveled out it stopped purging. Did I Panic? No way I had to get to Bangkok since I had Cookie waiting for me at the Marriott! hehhheee!

Comment

Originally posted by (Bam @ April 11 2005,01:00)
      Did a Panic? No way I had to get to Bangkok since I had Cookie waiting for me at the Marriott! hehhheee!
      Now that's what I call a Manly Man!

Randyman
      ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (Bam @ April 11 2005,12)
        [People freak out over this stuff. !
        Yes you do when flying with Aeroflot. I was on a Moscow bound plane(on route to LOS) 2 days after the Soviet Union collapsed and i can tell you that i am glad to be alive.

The pilot , if  he was in fact at the controls, just seemed to suddenly drop the plane on the tarmac instead of making  a nice smooth angled decent. The plane hit the runway and bounced up again and then rocked from side to side violently causing the overhead lockers to spill out onto passengers  who were all pissed out of there heads anyway. Im sure my heart nearly gave up.

If you fly often enough, one day this kind of shit will happen

Comment

Originally posted by (Tomcat @ April 11 2005,10:59)
          The plane hit the runway and bounced up again and then rocked from side to side violently causing the overhead lockers to spill out onto passengers  who were all pissed out of there heads anyway. Im sure my heart nearly gave up.

If you fly often enough, one day this kind of shit will happen
          Boy oh Boy; I sure am happy I read this

Randyman
          ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (Randyman @ April 11 2005,17:57)
            Originally posted by (Bam @ April 11 2005,01[img
            http://www.theladyboyforums.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]]Did a Panic? No way I had to get to Bangkok since I had Cookie waiting for me at the Marriott! hehhheee!
            Now that's what I call a Manly Man!

Later that same day I was gushing my 'white' fule all over Cookie's face  

Comment

Working...
            X