Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone card in thailand

Hi,

i intend to spend a couple of daysin Thailand and I also plan to call some chicks . As I do not want to use my internationnal cell phone, I was wondering if you can buy a SIM card with a limited amount of units in order to make local phone calls.
    Where you can buy it, wich price available...
    Thank you

You can buy a thai simm nearly anywhere from the airport to 7-11 to MBK shopping centre. The prices will vary depending on who you use as your carrier such as DTAC or Orange they have different coverage and also different call costs. Just ask the person who is selling you the card to the pricing structure.

I cannot remember how much it costs me to get the simm originally but you can top up usually from 100 baht upward. I think it was about 500 baht with 300 call credit or something like that initially but not sure.

Comment

thank you for the tip

Comment

Everyone was telling me to use 1-2 Call.

Comment

Be sure your phone is not SIM locked to one provider (your Home providers network). When I went to Thailand the first time I found out the hard way. I put a SIM in for 1-2-call and my phone rejected it. I then went to a phone shop in Bangkok and they 'hacked' the SIM lock on my phone... it worked great in Thailand but when I got back home the phone stopped working. I took it into Ericsson for repair and they said the phone had been flashed with hacked software.. I told them I had it 'fixed' in Bangkok and the guy just laughed and told me that the phone was now fucked. Ericsson refused to repair my very new $300 phone. I took it to a Chinese phone shop known for hacking in Toronto and they reflashed my phone with the right software. Seems the guys in Thailand cloned my phone to some phone over there... yes it worked in Thailand but it was a bad way to hack it. The serial number had been altered (cloned) and the 1900MHz band removed... because it's only used in North America... the Chinese dude fixed it and changed my serial number back to what it was originally. The phone then worked fine in canada, USA, Thailand, Australia.

Comment

my phone is not blocked I use it already in Indo with different SIM cards

Comment

buying a cheap used phone that you only use in Thailand is not a bad idea. In the COM center in Pattaya, I bought a used phone for 1000 baht. This is not a typical price, this phone was very used, think someone may have cum on the 3, 6, and 9. LOL If I lose it or it's stolen no big deal.

i probably should have been paying more attention when I bought the phone cause when I went to Indo, the phone could not be unlocked, or something like that.

Comment

Working...
              X