X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer

Am going to Thailand for the first time in September and would like to be prepared. Can anyone recommend me some places to stay in Pattaya and Bangkok which are LB-friendly and close to the action? Also the best places to hang around to meet LB, I checked several sites, but info is usually from 2003 and maybe things have changed. In advance thanks for the info

I stayed at the Majestic last year, which is just around the corner from Nana plaza, where you wanna be.
    http://www.majesticsuites.com/discou...ls_in_bangkok/

Affordable, and the rooms are spotlessly clean and most importantly guest friendly.

But after searching the forum i found alot of the guys here favor the Omni Towers, which is where i'll be staying next trip.
    You can get a one bedroom suite for 2,550 Thb a night, if you like a bit of space.
    Its close to Nana and guest friendly.

Never been to Pattaya but alot of the members like the Pattaya centre hotel
    http://www.asia-discovery.com/pattaya/pattaya-centre/

Hope this helps

Comment

Can't help you with Pattaya, as it's been years since I've been there. However, can give you some help with Bangkok...If you like the Nana area (who wouldn't), here are a few options for you.. Majestic (as Stevey mentioned), Dynasty, Nana Hotel, Grand Preseident, President Solitaire, and JW Marriott. This list is in order of price. If you want further information on any of them, including their web sites, see the link to my web site below for pictures of the rooms and a brief write up on each of them. Good Luck, and believe me, as soon as you get back home, you will be planning your next trip.

Safe travels, Lotusman

Comment

here's a link which will bring you to hotel reviews written by guys who go to thailand for sex with girls.
        i'd say about 98% or 99% of girl friendly hotels are also ladyboy friendly.

http://www.pattayapages.com/reviewpost/

You will have a blast man!

Comment

Originally posted by
          But after searching the forum i found alot of the guys here favor the Omni Towers, which is where i'll be staying next trip.
          You can get a one bedroom suite for 2,550 Thb a night, if you like a bit of space.Its close to Nana and guest friendly.
          I stay there every time now. If you look at Lotusman's list, the Omni price is bang in the middle of the majestic/Nana/Dynasty price point, and the GP/PS/Marriot. I think it is miles better than the cheap ones, but not miles LESS better than the GP/PS/Marriot at double or triple the price. Nice middle ground.
          Mister Arse

Comment

Oh, and the 2250 rate is probably for single nights. They do packages including airport transfer and 2 breakfast coupons a day, which makes it even better value
            Mister Arse

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

I took you're advise from an earlier post on the Omni and became a member of the ascott group, getting the promotional rates.

Cheers Stew,

If your around in October i'll buy you a beer

Comment

Originally posted by (stevey @ April 17 2005,13:48)
                Cheers Stew,

If your around in October i'll buy you a beer

Does he ever leave???
                Randyman
                ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (stevey @ April 17 2005,20:16)
                  You can get a one bedroom suite for 2,550 Thb a night, if you like a bit of space.
                  Its close to Nana and guest friendly.
                  Can you steer me to the mentions/reviews of the Omni Towers that convinced you to stay there next trip? I can't find them, but would love to know if it might be a better alternative than either Majestic Grande or President Solitaire to begin a first visit. My latest research shows COMPARABLE (relative size,amenity & facility, and all prices incl. all taxes and service charges) suites might be: Majestic Grande Deluxe 3900 Thb (brand-new, luxurious, separate tub & shower, balcony, 40sqm); President Solitaire Premier 3500 Thb (includes 42" plasma tv, brkfst buffet and FREE rdtrp airport transfer); and Omni 1BR Suite 2781 ThB (huge 65sqm, 3 1/2 star, serviced apt.). At those prices, the Omni might be a total winner! Thanks!

Comment

Hey Thaibound,

It wasn't just one thread that i read that made me decide to stay at the Omni on my next trip, it was several.

But it seems you get the Marriot standards for half the price at the Omni.

I think Stewart said it all in his above post.

Enjoy your first trip TB

Stevey

Comment

Originally posted by
                      But it seems you get the Marriot standards for half the price at the Omni.
                      No, Marriot, GP, PS are nicer, no doubt about that....my point is that they are not "twice the price nicer". If my company was paying or I was rich, I would stay at Marriot/GP/PS. As it is, Omni is a nice middle ground for me

Thaibound...your comparison makes an important point. The GP/PS rates are not the full price....they add service charge and VAT, which makes it quite expensive.

Beware though, Omni have just added 3% service charge or something, which almost lost them my custom....I fucking hate all those hidden charges. Your 2781 Omni price seems high
                      Mister Arse

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info on the hotels. Am going to check them all out to see what is the best offer. Unfortunately I still have to wait five months
                        Any more info (places to hang out/meeting people) will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by (Stewart @ April 18 2005,10:03)
                          Beware though, Omni have just added 3% service charge or something, which almost lost them my custom....I fucking hate all those hidden charges. Your 2781 Omni price seems high
                          I got to my 2781 Thb total by adding their new 3% 'service charge' to their 2700Thb rate for a 1BR Suite. They do have a 'stuidio suite' listed for only 1980Thb -- though I don't understand how a "suite" can be a "studio" ! It's either more than one room or it's not, but whatever! If someone can find either accomodation priced lower, I'd love to hear about it. I arrive in BKK on May 4 and have yet to book a room. Decisions, decisions!! Speaking of which, you guys think booking a room at the Penthouse in Pattaya for a couple nights would be money well spent?

Comment

Never stayed at the Penthouse but it's in an excellent location for a first timer.

Comment

New Firehouse Hotel
                              500BTH
                              Air and swimmingpool, 1 miute walk for walkingstreet.
                              2 minute for Jenny Star bar.....
                              LB friendly and ok, clean, quiet, but looks old.
                              I think it was soi 13 from walking street.
                              Do not marry a Thai girl.
                              Use for 3 days only!

Comment

Working...
                              X