X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi from don muang to pattaya

Although I have not personally used the service below, this info was provided by a very reliable poster on another board,
    1100 from the airport to Pattaya is an excellent deal.  details below written by the other poster:

"I have appreciated the good taxi services of:

Kittinant Taxi Service...
    Owned by Nat ....His nickname is "Boss"

Boss's Pattaya mobile number is:

01-945-7149

If you are calling from USA his number is:
    011-66-1-945-7149

His e-mail address is:
    [email protected] .

Boss can arrange to pick you up at the Bangkok Airport. He or his driver will be holding a sign card with you name on it just as you leave the Immigration/Customs area of BKK Airport.

He will need to know your airline, flight number and scheduled arrival day, date and time.

The cost to take you from BKK Airport to your hotel in Pattaya will be approx. 1100 baht plus toll road fees of about 100 baht and driver's tip.

The retrun trip from Pattaya to the BKK Airport is 900 baht plus toll road fees of about 100 baht plus driver's tip.

The rates were as of a couple of months ago...though may have increased due to most recent increases in fuel costs.

He and his drivers are very good drivers.I have used his services many times."

I'm confused....you start by saying you have not used that service, then finish by saying you have many times??

Alao, 1100 plus tolls plus tips?? What is the price?
    Mister Arse

Comment

The going rate for a cab to Pattaya from the airport is 1,000 baht. No tolls, and no tip is expected. For a private car this starts at about 1,300.

Getting back though, is a lot cheaper! Taxi 750 - 800 and although it's hard to find a private driver, they can charge about 1,000.

I was in Pattaya today and I checked this out!  

TIP: Check the cab and make sure it is clearly visible before you agree to get in it! Today I saw some VERY disappointed farangs getting into a very beaten up 12 year old crappy cab! Not a nice way to spend an expensive 2 hours on the road! This is a frequent trick!

Comment

Stewart, I edited my post to make it clearer. the first paragrapgh was written by me, the rest by a guy that generally posts reliable info.

Re tolls: I forget exactly how much they are, maybe 200 baht max. Depending on the traffic conditions one may or may not use the toll roads. There are tolls within BKK and the toll road to Pattaya. When I 've used other services they've always taken the Pattaya toll road, but did not take the BKK toll road when I arrived at 11PM.

Re tip: Up to you, and although tipping is not a Thai custom, I suppose if the guy gives u a good ride, u can throw him 100 baht, but only if you want.

Comment

I was robbed

most of the travel shops in Silom Rd charge 2,200 BKK to Patt which like a mug i paid last time. I thought it was a bit steep at the time but they would not drop one cent and i was in a hurry. Coming back was 900baht.

One assumes that Silom to Pattaya is about the same as Airport to Pat

Next time im going to pattaya just going to hail a yellow taxi on the street.

Comment

Coming back is always much cheaper. I would imagine that there are often late arrivals and no shows at the airport and that's built into the price.

Maybe for 2200 you got a great new car; if you arrived alive it was worth it!

800 baht taxis are available on the way back but last trip I arranged for an 1100 baht car (Pat to BKK)thru a travel agent. The more expensive car was nicer and had an excellent driver.

Comment

Same same Topcat,,I have paid the hefty price only once before, but now just hail a cab or get the bellboy to grab us one,,last price was 1400bt toll not inc...if we have an overnighter in bkk...

If you stay at the Penthouse like us,,we ring the hotel from bkk and have one waiting for us check out time..
              Penthouse charges 1400bt..goes on your bill.

BK

Comment

Originally posted by
                Stewart, I edited my post to make it clearer.  the first paragrapgh was written by me, the rest by a guy that generally posts reliable info.
                Ah, got it....
                Mister Arse

Comment

I payd 1200BTH, for what I thougth was a private taxi......

But about 30minutes from the airport I heard noise from the back of the minibus. Ant the driver sad, sorry I have fighting ducs with me.

A sort of private taxi......
                  Do not marry a Thai girl.
                  Use for 3 days only!

Comment

So, summing up private car/taxi rates: BKK Airport and/or Bangkok hotel to Pattaya hotel, about 1200-1400 Thb for private car/taxi (give or take a few fighting mallards), but only about 800 Thb for return on same route? How about BKK Airport to Nana area hotel? Do I just grab a public taxi at the airport? How much? Any reason to "book ahead"? Thanks more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by
                      Next time im going to pattaya just going to hail a yellow taxi on the street.
                      If you hail down a cab 'on the street' and he agrees to take you to Pattaya on the meter then I'll pay for it! (My money is safe!)

The 'metered fare' to Pattaya is less than 600 Baht. No cabbie in his right mind is going to spend over 4 hours (assuming he has to come back to Bangkok empty) of his 12 hour shift for that kind of money!

Comment

From Bangkok to Nana just grab a taxi, it's very cheap, the meter plus 50 baht airport surcharge, guessing around 300 baht. if you arrive at midnight there's no need to take the toll road.

Comment

Originally posted by (thaibound @ April 23 2005,05:27)
                          So, summing up private car/taxi rates: BKK Airport and/or Bangkok hotel to Pattaya hotel, about 1200-1400 Thb for private car/taxi (give or take a few fighting mallards), but only about 800 Thb for return on same route? How about BKK Airport to Nana area hotel?  Do I just grab a public taxi at the airport? How much? Any reason to "book ahead"? Thanks more and more.  
                          Yes sir, you are correct in your summary of BKK - Pattaya - BKK cab/car prices...

As for a taxi to Nana - walk out of the airport, across the street and flag down a cabbie. Lining up to get ripped off at the airport makes no sense at all. The taxi to a Nana area hotel will cost you about 150 Baht or less. No need to book anything. BKK is awash with cabs. no need to negotate - just make sure he turns on his meter and you are done. If he says he doesn't know where you want to go - he is lying. Just get out and get another.

If you have lots of luggage then maybe lining up for a cab makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ April 23 2005,06:43)
                            Lining up to get ripped off at the airport makes no sense at all. The taxi to a Nana area hotel will cost you about 150 Baht or less.
                            So in addition to the surcharge, are they taking the long way?

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ April 23 2005,05:43)
                              If he says he doesn't know where you want to go - he is lying. Just get out and get another.

If you have lots of luggage then maybe lining up for a cab makes more sense.
                              -- lots of luggage? from all I hear a passport, a toothbrush and a credit card and I'm good to go. Just tell me where to get that ATS cell phone to call Noon and I'm set! If I could just decide between Omni Towers, President Solitaire or Majestic (Grande or Suites) for my first 3 nights...after that, I go where the cabs and planes take me! 6 bars, 3 cities, no waiting! Oh, yeah, I'm READY!

Comment

Working...
                              X