Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 days in bangkok

19 and need a break before 4 years at uni

I am goint to try to get to go on my own (but with demanding overbearing parents I seriosuly doubt it).

Anyway i may go late summer, maybe after in half term, though I am saving now. So i need to work out costs. For flights I can get a £349 cheap return. I will spend about 5 days, which should be enough for a high amount of ladyboy action.

What is the cheapest hotel near the nana plaza which is the best value for money?

Also how much in GBP should I expect to take for lb action

I have a rough idea where to go, my thailand penpal knows her way around and is offering to be my guide.

advance thank you from hellray the scarecrow

Dude, five days is not enough time. The airfare is the expensive part, it gets REALLY cheap after that.
    Go for a month. In Pattaya you can get a decent room for not much more than 5 pounds a night.

In Pattaya you can spend all night and all morning in bed with a ladboy honey for 15 pounds! Start saving!

Leave the parents at home!

Comment

The first time I went to Bangkok was for only 5 days. I woke up one day and just decided to go to this place I€™ve always dreamed about called Bangkok. When I was 12 years old my Dad was watching the Dick Cavett show and he was talking about when he was in Bangkok he liked going into the massage joints and the girls would get all soaped up and slide all over you€¦. That was all I had to hear at the age of 12 to be so turned on I knew some day I got to go there and check this out myself.

Comment

Hi Hellray...

Stay in the Nana Plaza hotel or The Dynasty Hotel. (Book BEFORE you arrive!)

Both of these hotels are in the heart of the action in Nana Plaza. No need to get a cab or a tuk tuk! Just look out your window and you're there...

The rooms will set you back about £15. (1,000 Baht.)

A small bottle of beer (Beer Chang is the strongest and the best in my opinion!) is around £1:50. You are expected to leave some change for a tip, say 10 Baht (or slightly more if you have a big bill at the end!)

The bar fine at all the bars is about £8 but as the bars close at 1 in the morning and there are hundreds of great ladyboys milling around outside then you can save this extra expense.

Thai food is very cheap (for a good reason - it's crap!) but Western restaurants charge western prices.

So - how much for the girls!

Inside the bars most girls will not negotiate. Streetwalkers probably will. (This is a general rule and is my experience only.)

I'll assume that as a student you'll be taking the budget way out and recruiting streetwalkers to do your dirty work. Wise chap - that's almost always what I do!

Don't think that because the girls aren't from the bars they are not as cute/honest/fuckable as other girls. They are!

So - it's midnight and you see the girl of your favourite mastabatory fantasies giving you the eye... First off - do you want the girl to spend all night with you or just the next three hours or so? It doesn't matter - go for "Short time!" Chances are she will spend the night anyway. And if she buggers off early then she won't steal anything while you're sleeping!

If you talk about prices then be firm! (Erm - easy cowboy... I mean 'firm' in the 'don't change your mind' kind of way! Short time late at night in Nana Plaza is about 1,000 Baht (or £15.) All night can range from £20 to £25. (2,000 Baht should really be the maximum you'll pay for an 'all nighter.'

If the girl wants to eat then let her take you where she wants to go. Don't worry - these girls are allergic to decent food. It'll be some Thai shit-hole on the side of the road and will cost you about 50p! Or let her order room service. (Hide the contents of your mini-bar!)

Your money will disappear without ytou knowing it - you'll be buying this and that and by the last day you'll find the noodle stalls quite appealing!

To enjoy yourself here then budget at least £60 per day. £80 would be my minimum for each night in Bangkok. Don't get in a taxi in the Nana Plaza area. If you do then make sure the meter is on - or you have negotiated a price. 99% of cabbies in Thailand are honest. The ones working the tourists are probably NOT!

Don't leave your valuables in plain sight and don't leave a girl on her own in your room. If you are 19 years old you'll probably be a bit more vulnerable...

(This advice has cost you a "Trip Report" which I expect you to file on the forum upon your return!)

Comment

Originally posted by
          Stay in the Nana Plaza hotel or The Dynasty Hotel.
          You can't get much closer to the action than these and no problems with guests, or any unexpected extra charges for bringing them back. The only think about the Dynasty is get one of the rooms down the back as otherwise they can be a little dark and depressing.

Originally posted by
          A small bottle of beer (Beer Chang is the strongest and the best in my opinion!) is around £1:50. You are expected to leave some change for a tip, say 10 Baht (or slightly more if you have a big bill at the end!)
          Being an Aussie this is one of the worst things about LOS is the damn beer. So I stick to the Jim Beam usually as it is the same price in the bars.

Originally posted by
          Thai food is very cheap (for a good reason - it's crap!) but Western restaurants charge western prices.
          Don't listen to Stogie on this one the Thai food is great and I say when in Rome

Originally posted by
          Inside the bars most girls will not negotiate
          This depends a lot on current business. In low season they will negotiate (my experience), however you don't want to haggle over a few baht to have the fuck of your life do you

Originally posted by
          Don't leave your valuables in plain sight and don't leave a girl on her own in your room. If you are 19 years old you'll probably be a bit more vulnerable...
          This is great advice. Lock your valuables away in the room safe or at reception. At the very least put them out of sight.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by (NykylaiHellray @ May 16 2005,06:10)
            I have a rough idea where to go, my thailand penpal knows her way around and is offering to  be my guide.
            heads up, your penpal may have certain expecatations and may want to monopolize your time if you sleep with her. somewhat problematic if she's a genetic girl and you want a taste of ladyboys.

the drinking carousing etc. can get quite expensive. but since you have more time than money, a longer stay with some of the days being cheapo days is a good plan IMO.

a day without sex, just food and drink in pattaya can be done for as little as 10 pounds a day. now, i think you'd have lots more fun by upping your daily budget, but I'd rather be in Pattaya on 10 pounds a day than back home in the UK.

i think if you really tried hard to save, you could save enough money everyweek to afford an allnighter with a Pattaya (not bangkok) ladyboy. every pint you buy back home trying to get some bird drunk could be much better used in Thailand.

Comment

Originally posted by
              Every pint you buy back home trying to get some bird drunk could be much better used in Thailand.
              Wise words... ...master!

Why didn't you tell me that 30 years ago!      

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ May 23 2005,00:32)
                Why didn't you tell me that 30 years ago!      
                Cause I was spending all my money trying to get American girls drunk!

Comment

To be 19 again with what I know now and Cut loose in Nana Plaza! Sigh!!!! Even if I didn't know what I know now and cut loose in Nana Plaza, double sigh!!!!!! In other words something worth saving your pennies for. Listen to your Uncle Pig Dog & leave ya Mum at home!!!!!!!!! First time I went to BKK they didn't have the internet. Ya had to find everything out the "hard" way. :-) You young Whipper Ssnappers have it too damn easy with the goldmine of Info on forums like this. ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by (ozzie @ May 22 2005,11:12)
                    Originally posted by
                    Stay in the Nana Plaza hotel or The Dynasty Hotel.
                    You can't get much closer to the action than these and no problems with guests, or any unexpected extra charges for bringing them back. The only think about the Dynasty is get one of the rooms down the back as otherwise they can be a little dark and depressing.

Originally posted by
                    Being an Aussie this is one of the worst things about LOS is the damn beer. So I stick to the Jim Beam usually as it is the same price in the bars.

Originally posted by
                    Don't listen to Stogie on this one the Thai food is great and I say when in Rome  

Originally posted by
                    Inside the bars most girls will not negotiate
                    This depends a lot on current business. In low season they will negotiate (my experience), however you don't want to haggle over a few baht to have the fuck of your life do you  

Originally posted by
                    This is great advice. Lock your valuables away in the room safe or at reception. At the very least put them out of sight.

Have fun!
                    Actually, like Buddha says, it's always the middle-way! Which means don't listen to Stogie about the food - Thai food is great and best on the streets - if you can take some spicyness. And don't listen to Ozzie, because the beer is great as well, especially Chang. At least everything is better than this bloody Heineken piss, they serving all over the places!
                    Wish I would have been there with 19......

Enjoy,
                    MK
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Originally posted by
                      I have a rough idea where to go, my thailand penpal knows her way around and is offering to be my guide.

heads up, your penpal may have certain expecatations and may want to monopolize your time if you sleep with her. somewhat problematic if she's a genetic girl and you want a taste of ladyboys.
                      Bullseye! Ignore the rest of the advice.....this is the big one

I don't know why Pigdog is using the word "may"!!! You are hooked, and it would not surprise me if your trip report consisted of your unsuccessful attempts to get rid of this "penpal" and you end up meeting no ladyboys!!

Anyone want to place a bet on this one?
                      Mister Arse

Comment

Originally posted by (Stewart @ May 24 2005,21:29)
                        Originally posted by
                        I have a rough idea where to go, my thailand penpal knows her way around and is offering to  be my guide.

Bullseye! Ignore the rest of the advice.....this is the big one

I don't know why Pigdog is using the word "may"!!! You are hooked, and it would not surprise me if your trip report consisted of your unsuccessful attempts to get rid of this "penpal" and you end up meeting no ladyboys!!

Anyone want to place a bet on this one?
                        I have NO idea who your penpal is, thus no idea whether she'd be a true love or a money-grabbing tout, but what I DO know is YOU DO NOT NEED HER. The best advice I got before my recent and very successful trip to thailand was 'research all you want, but PLAN NOTHING'. If you go to bangkok alone you'd have to hide in your room not to meet a beautiful ladyboy! If you go to phuket and walk down soi bangla a beautiful ladyboy will beg you to take her home. If you go to pattaya and just pass by HiBoss on Soi 6, you'll be fighting off at least two or three ladyboys better-looking than anything you've seen in person in your life. I found pattaya and phuket both to be less expensive than bangkok. And BKK was pretty damn cheap! If you go off-season and don't require anything more than 3 star accomodation, a brief search will find choices for $15 usd and if you book for a longer period, you might well have a private room and shower for less than $50 usd/week. You don't need a penpal to find these places. You can literally walk into the first 'tour agency' you find when you get to the town you like and ask them. Then walk out. At the second place ask them to beat the first offer. I promise, they will. If you're still not happy, walk one more block to the third tour agency. There are almost as many as there are girly bars and they cut their prices as deeply as all the other vendors who'll sell you pants and knick-knacks at prices that drop so fast your head will spin. Oh, I wish I'd gone at age nineteen...then again, I might never have come back for school...you're gonna need some discipline or you'll NEVER come home. But you won't need a tour guide or a penpal.

Comment

Hiya

CHEERS for the advice, I will probably do it around winter now, as it is cheaper for the flights ^_^.

Well my penpal is a good mate, and she has a bf, so no worry of me being stuck with her. Also she knows where all the good heavy metal gigs are. So I will hang out with her probably in the ;ast few days.

I think I will stick to 1 week, maybe 2.

Again cheers for the advice.

Which means I need to get say around £500 for the week.....or did i add up wrong. Then again I do not eat much anyway.

So about £500 for the flight in low season, so I need to save 1000

Okay it will definatley be december, BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT

Comment

Yea, 500 pounds a week is about right for full tilt boogie (for students). STRONGLY suggest 2 weeks or more even if it means watching your budget while in Thailand.

Low budget plan for Pattaya. Hotel 500 baht. Longtime ladyboy (all night 1000 baht). Beer, food, etc. 1000 baht. 2500 X 7 = 17,500 =250 pounds. So you can extend your for only 250 pounds per week. There's not a lot of wiggle room in this budget but it can be done.

December is not low season. CHristmas -new Year's is peak season.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ May 30 2005,07:22)
                              December is not low season.  CHristmas -new Year's is peak season.

if you're trying to go low-budget, going at christmas, you're fucked before u take off. no can do. i agree with pdog's budget #'s, for low season. and pattaya seems to me to be clearly cheaper than bangkok or even phuket. and if you stay less than ten days you'll want to shoot yourself. leaving thailand even one day early with $75 in your pocket you'll spend it all drinking away your regret before you get home!! bottom line: do NOT go at christmas, skip BKK and go straight to pattaya, pick up girls outside bars to save barfines. let the girls pick the cheap restaurants. don't drink in bars unless it's happy hour (usually 7am-7pm!) and stay til you're maxing your credit card.

Comment

Working...
                              X