Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "rules" for the first-timer in thailand

Some "Rules for the first-timer" in Thailand:
    (these "rules" are based on a single three-week adventure and may well be superceded by more authoritative sources, but I stand by them. I will separately post some specific girl/hotel/city suggestions, which will be more "advice" than "rule". ENJOY!)

1. Do NOT fall in love with the first Goddess you meet.
    2. Do NOT stay in any city more than three nights until you've been to at least three cities. (If you only have one week in Thailand this rule can be reduced to two nights in two cities before you plan your finale, but it's a semi-rule that ANY trip to Thailand should be for AT LEAST ten nights. Otherwise the flight might cost you more than the entire rest of your trip!)
    3. Do NOT see the same gurl twice until you've seen at least eight gurls. (Just say "I butterfly" and shake your head in self-deprecation until the beauty beside you accepts it.)
    4. Do NOT fall in love AT LEAST until you've finished your three-city, eight-ladyboy de rigeur tour. (On a one-week vacation love/monogamy is strictly forbidden. End of discussion.)
    5. Smile politely, bargain thoroughly, tip generously.
    6. Don't believe anything Stogie tells you about food. Let the ladyboy pick the restaurant.
    6A. Believe everything Stogie tells you about things other than food.
    7. Practice entering showbars such as Cascade, Obsession and Casanova saying "No thank you" and avoiding eye contact of any longer than 1.3 seconds until you've half-finished your first beer and had a chance to watch at least two shifts on the carousel/stage. Don't feel obliged to take home the first incredibly beautiful ladyboy who puts one hand inside your shorts and the other beneath her panties and suggests you compare desires. Of course, you CAN take her home if you want to...
    8. No matter how beautiful you think the ladyboy in the photo spread at ATS is and no matter how badly you want to meet her, do NOT promise her more than one date. When you walk into the club/bar to meet her for the first time you will see three or four equally or more beautiful ladyboys who are just as eager to spend time with you. Let them.
    9. LET THEM!!
    10. Have addresses/directions for Nana Plaza (Soi 4) in Bangkok, Hi-Boss (Soi 6) in Pattaya and Cocktails & Dreams (Soi Bangla) in Phuket. When in those cities, sometime between 8pm-midnight, just go to those places: EVERYTHING else will take care of itself.
    11. Buy the mamasan a beer. Take her advice. Tell her what you REALLY want. She wants you to come back the next night with a smile. When you do, be sure you take home a different girl. (see rules 1 and 4).
    12. At 1:30 am on at least one night of your stay you must be on Soi 4 outside Nana Plaza in Bangkok and then again on Soi Bangla outside Soi Tiger in Phuket -- to watch the most amazing bargirl exodus/pick-up scenes in the ladyboy/GG world. It will make you dizzy and send you home with your hands full. (And with no barfine!)
    13. Do NOT fall in love.....or at least really, really try not to....

Interesting list Thaibound.

re rule 10, since Hi Boss oprens in the early afternoon, that's when i generally go there!

My early visits were cnentered around Pattaya, in hindsight, it would have been better to have checked out phuket and samui earlier.

But my biggest mistake is not having flown United everytime for frequent flyer reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ May 30 2005,05:59)

re rule 10, since Hi Boss oprens in the early afternoon, that's when i generally go there!

My early visits were cnentered around Pattaya, in hindsight, it would have been better to have checked out phuket and samui earlier.

But my biggest mistake is not having flown United everytime for frequent flyer reasons.
      my mistake on Hi Boss, earlier might have been better - more selection - i just didn't get there in time (but I'll be back!)
      I still haven't gotten to Samui since it dropped to fourth place on the must-see-for-ladyboys list (but I'll be back!! and chang mai too I hope.)
      and as for the frequent flyer miles, absolutely. any particular reason for United though? I flew EVA and am wondering whether to stick with them for the long run. maybe doesn't matter, so long as I'm true to one airline, eh?
      thanks for the feedback. I didn't expect an old pro like yourself to bother with a firsttimer's reflections. it's appreciated

Comment

Old pro, hahaha, I'm just a guy who posts allot!

I don't know much about EVA and it's alliance. All I know is that United/Star Alliance has been good for me. If you take lots of trips, you get 1.25 miles for every mile flown. There's also lots of great easy ways to earn miles. For example, you can right now get 17,500 free miles for getting there credit card which has a 60 buck annual fee but after the first year you get the fee removed. So that's one third of a free trip right there for 60 bucks. If anyone wants details, please PM me.

It was easy for me to redeem my United miles, flying to Bangkok and Bali for only 60,000 miles.
        I hear it's tough to redeem Nothworst miles.

My problem is that I'm 4,000 miles of a free Bangkok trip on China Air, but can't find an easy way to top off those 4,000 miles. With United I could open up a brokerage account, or change my phone service but with China Air no can do. Probably wind up using my China Air miles dometically with Delta.

Comment

Excellent feedback, Thaibound!!!
          ....especially rule no.6!

MK
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Originally posted by (thaibound @ May 30 2005,06:15)
            Originally posted by (PigDogg @ May 30 2005,05:59)

my mistake on Hi Boss, earlier might have been better - more selection - i just didn't get there in time (but I'll be back!)
            I still haven't gotten to Samui since it dropped to fourth place on the must-see-for-ladyboys list (but I'll be back!! and chang mai too I hope.)
            and as for the frequent flyer miles, absolutely. any particular reason for United though? I flew EVA and am wondering whether to stick with them for the long run. maybe doesn't matter, so long as I'm true to one airline, eh?
            thanks for the feedback. I didn't expect an old pro like yourself to bother with a firsttimer's reflections. it's appreciated
            As for Eva Air, check their frequent flyer program to see how many miles it takes to get a free ticket. I've used them a couple of times, and belong to their frequent flyer club.
            Like Pigdogg, I've decided the best way to go is stick with one airline every time. For me, the best choice is Northwest.
            They may be a little higher per trip, but it has by far the best intinerary for my situation and four trips will get me a free ticket. With their frequent flyer program, it takes 60k miles for a free ticket, each round trip to Bangkok from Portland Oregon is about 15k.
            I have not found any airline frequent flyer program when looking at # of miles required that is any less than they are.
            With 30k accrued on Eva, when I looked at their requirements for a free ticket, I was just as well off to be starting from scratch on Northwest. JD, my mentor,   has used them a lot and says they're excellent as well and easy to redeem your miles with.

Comment

Great rules!

Comment

I did not get past rule number 1   (my 6th time in LOS )

nevermind, im  

dave...
                Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Hey Lefty, and other Northwest flyers. Signing up for Earthlink givesyou 5,000 FF miles, not that much but maybe it'll bump up to 60,0000.

https://store.earthlink.net/cgi-bin....nwaEarn

There are lots of ways to earn miles without flying especially on United/Star Alliance. Would you like a FREE trip from USA to Thailand (plus either the PI or Bali) without ever having flown United even once?
                  How would u like to fly on world class Singapore Airlines same deal as above? It can be done. PM me for details.

Comment

Great advice, but I must add one more important rule. When you return home "NEVER EVER SEND MONEY TO THE LADYBOY YOU HAVE MET". Save your money to be able to go back and play some more at a later date.

Comment

Lister you beat me to it!!! that was ringing in my head before I got to rule #3!! If you send $$$$ to your LB hottie she will buy some nice clothes so some other schmuck can take them off!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X