X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flights sng/bkk

Any of you guys familiar with flights from SNG to BKK,,Dosen't matter what airline,but a daily flight out of there would be good,,better still,,,day flights,,cost,,at this point might consider Phuket....
    Im using up some flyer points Ozz /SNG return for 10 days and dont want to hang around Singapore for too long, so I figured seeing as I was in those parts, mght as well skip up to BKK..

A reasonable hotel in SNG ,,,say sng $100 as well...

Stewart,,,you knock around these parts,,,whats the score???

BK

Try asia air, tiger air. These are discount airlines. 1 way ticket is about $75. You can make online reservations or you can just walk up to the counter 2 hours prior to the flight and get the same price. This is open seating.

Can't help you with the hotels as my company pays for mine so I get the best they offer. Raffles Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by
      Try asia air, tiger air. These are discount airlines. 1 way ticket is about $75. You can make online reservations or you can just walk up to the counter 2 hours prior to the flight and get the same price. This is open seating.
      Also Jetstar and ValueAir
      Spore-Phuket best bet is Tiger Airways....SGD 130 return plus 70 taxes = SGD 200. Only booked it a few days ago, would heve been cheaper if booked weeks in advance I think.

For BKK, I still use Thai most times. 3 weeks time my ticket is SGD 230 including small fee for my travel agent to deliver, but then SGD 89 airport tax ie fuel surcharge = SGD 319

Using a budget airline, if you are weeks ahead you will probably get it for SGD 150-200 return, but if you are last minute not a lot of price difference. I don't mind paying the extra SGD 100 for the lack of hassle going with a major airline, frequent flyer miles, use of ounge, etc

For hotels, can't beat Orchard Hotel for proximity to Orchard Towers. There is also an Irish Bar called Muddy Murphy's in the basement!!

http://www.orchardhotel.com.sg/MCIL.ns....ocument

Dunno what your price range is, but this is probably above average but not stupid. If you want stupid, do a mashiko but pay for it yourself!

You might also think about popping over to Bintan. SGD 35 return on the ferry and 30 min journey. This is Indo and very cheap I am told

Any more q's, fire away
      Mister Arse

Comment

Thanks guys,

What I had in mind was to drop into SNG, book a hotel for 2 nights, then go to BKK or Phuket ..
        With all those available flights out shouldn't be a problem..

Definitley stay at the Orchard Hotel,,
        Stewart,,Do you think it would be nessacary to book a room or just front up,booking on the net, prices are allways over the top..

If you meant Batam?? Heard a lot about that place and prefer to give it a miss, great for singaporeans for a weekender,,cheap booze and sex...

BK

Comment

Originally posted by
          What I had in mind was to drop into SNG, book a hotel for 2 nights, then go to BKK or Phuket ..
          With all those available flights out shouldn't be a problem..
          Most of those airlines fly to BKK, but not all do Phuket - Thai don't do Phuket anymore, think it is just Tiger

Originally posted by
          Definitley stay at the Orchard Hotel,,
          Stewart,,Do you think it would be nessacary to book a room or just front up,booking on the net, prices are allways over the top..
          No idea. But type in discount hotel singapore into Google.....there are hundreds around that area and taxis are really cheap

Originally posted by
          If you meant Batam?? Heard a lot about that place and prefer to give it a miss, great for singaporeans for a weekender,,cheap booze and sex
          That's the one! For those of you that still think Spore is boring.....:

http://batamforum.com/index.htm
          http://forum.sammyboy.com/
          Mister Arse

Comment

Thanks for the info mate,,

Many years ago I used to go over to SNG, late 80's early 90's pre-net days,when a jug of Tiger draught was sng$16, hate to think what it cost nowadays.and taxi drivers or bellboys were the only ones that had info where to find the girls.

One place we made home was the Jockey Pub, main intersection of Orchard rd and
            You could take your pic, girls from Thailand. Indo, Malaysia, India,etc..those days the Lb's used to cruise the dark alley ways, I know,,,I busted one of our group getting a blow job by one,,,right next to a dumpster

Sammys website is allways good for a laugh with great info as well..

Cheers

BK

Comment

Originally posted by
              when a jug of Tiger draught was sng$16
              About the same....for a pint!

Are you bringing the wife to Spore? Be happy to buy her, errrr I mean you a drink!
              Mister Arse

Comment

At those rates we might have to grab a cheap bottle of Plonk and sit under the bridge

Stewart,,be my guest mate,,her temper at times can be like a cross between a pitbull and an attitude of a jack russell...

BK hope she dont read this..

Comment

Working...
                X