X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 19 nights in thailand cost me

I just returned from my first trip to Thailand. Remember, this was in May which is 'low-season' and considerably cheaper than if you have to go in December. I could have easily spent much more or considerably less, but took a middle road of total creature comfort without needless pampering. If you're trying to budget a trip and wondering how long to stay, where to go, what can you afford, I hope this will help. BIG note: The Business Class ticket cost me $2,220 usd. That's almost half of the total cost of my trip! If you're young and have no fear of blood clots running from cramped muscles to your brain, fly economy and knock $1500 off my total. A huge savings, if you need it. Anyway, for comparison purposes only, here's what I paid and what I got for my money:

TOTAL COST OF MY TRIP
    (excluding only clothes bought pre-trip in u.s.a. - which, btw, you should NOT do! The cool nylon, zip-pocket pants I bought at a sports discount store in L.A., sold for 1/2 that 'discount' price on the street in Bangkok! Pack light. Take virtually nothing! but that's another thread!lol)

$4,850 USD (FOR 19 NIGHTS IN THAILAND, NETT)

--THAT'S ROUNDTRIP BUSINESS CLASS ON EVA AIRLINES, 15 NIGHTS IN 4-STAR HOTELS (Majestic Grande in Bangkok and Royal Paradise -in the new Royal Wing- in Phuket), 2 NIGHTS IN A 3-STAR HOTEL (Majestic Suites in Bangkok), 2 NIGHTS IN A 2.5-STAR HOTEL (Dynasty in Pattaya); ALL FOOD, DRINK, BLENDED COFFEES, CHEAP SOUVENIRS; 3 TOURS (SNORKEL,CANOE & ELEPHANT all out of phuket), 2 FLIGHTS WITHIN THAILAND (PATTAYA-PHUKET & PHUKET-BANGKOK), ALL GROUND TRANSPORTATION (AIRPORT TAXIS, SKYTRAINS, TUK-TUKS, ETC.), 2 THAI MASSAGES, 2 FOOT MASSAGES AND 20 X-PERIENCES (17 short-time, 2 long-time, and 1 double; 7 of the 20 with barfines).

Stay and play long enough to "save" back the airfare and the rest is gravy. Hope this helps some of you pre-planning fanatics.  FYI, I had pre-budgeted $150usd/day, excluding airfare, but ultimately came in at about $135/day. Could've stayed two more days "for free" with what I'd budgeted!

Originally posted by (thaibound @ May 31 2005,04:21)
    Stay and play long enough to "save" back the airfare and the rest is gravy.

If it was only a matter of money, I'd stay allot longer. Problem for me is limited vacation time. Manged to swing an unpaid leave once, but that's difficult to come by.

I went longtime about 80% of the nights my last trip. Also got many more Thai and foot massages.

Comment

Great info! Any chance you could tell more about the ranges of the prices for the experiences? I'm sort of curious about that.
      Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Originally posted by (post-op lover @ June 08 2005,06:41)
        Great info!  Any chance you could tell more about the ranges of the prices for the experiences?  I'm sort of curious about that.
        If you're referring to my personal sexual "experiences", they ranged from 700thb to 2600 thb dependent upon whether there was a barfine involved, how late at night I made the date, how long she stayed, what we did, how generous I felt, how desperate she was when she grabbed my arm on the street and begged me to take her home and feed her versus how hesitant she was to settle on me as her best choice for the night, whether she brought a girlfriend along and how much cash I had on me. Of course I am both damn charming and a brilliant negotiator, so your prices may vary! LOL! I think I read somewhere here we shouldn't get into too many specifics of what particular girls "charge", but, in general:

1. I found Bangkok to be more expensive than Pattaya or Phuket by about 30-50%.
        2. "Short-time" can range from 500 thb (desperate streetwalker in pattaya for quickie) to 2600 thb (two pops with hot girl with barfine in bangkok)
        3. Similarly, "long-time"/overnight can range from 1200 thb - 4000 thb.
        4. Longer plans can easily be worked out should you be sucker enough to actually take yourself out of circulation in a country where another stunning beauty full of mystery and thrill is literally just around the corner.

Hope this helps: others guy know more and should feel free to correct any errors made my this self-confessed newbie.
        My suggestion: be careful and sensible, but also polite and respectful; be frugal if you must, but don't be cheap and when you are treated especially well, please, by all means, be generous. The girls love money more than they love you. NEVER forget that! And don't ever let that realization piss you off or hurt your feelings. Just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy -- and be thankful they are so damn good at appreciating your generosity, which, almost always, in the end, will be "up to you"!

Comment

we havenot seen such newbie talent in a long time since Bam hit the scene running. Great job Thaibound--the new rookie of the year.

Comment

Hey Thaibound are you from LA? I need your "advice" on a Friday night at Peanuts

Comment

I did Phuket in Jan 2004 for less than $100/night and that was for everything there. I didnt go with an LB/GG every night well almost. Wasnt cheapo by any means and had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by (generouschap @ June 11 2005,18:23)
                Hey Thaibound are you from LA? I need your "advice" on  a Friday night at Peanuts
                Living in LA, I can give you some feedback on Peanuts.

First, get all your drinkes from Eric at the back bar, or whichever station he is working. Tell him Terry said hi. He's cool, and he'll give you the skinny on all the girls there.

Second, I hope you like Spanish chicks, because they represent approx 90% of the tg's you'll see there (unless you go on one of those rare nights when a bunch of asian college sissies hit the bar - - but unless you're 21, and look like Brad Pitt, you're advised not to waste your time on those "girls").

Third, don't waste your time till closing and expect to pick up a girl after the club closes. When you find a tg that looks like she can rock your world, CLOSE THE DEAL. Then walk quietly to your car and get her back to your place. WeHo 5 0 loves to pick up guys who circle the club looking to pick up hookers after the club closes.

Fourth, don't bother to go to any of the food joints after hours, looking to pick up a tg. Like I said, the cops love to pick up hookers, and their dates, coming out of these places.

Finally, unless you've really got a Jones for spanish tg's (if so, why the F are u on this site?), save your $$ and get your ass to LOS. From what I've seen, for what you'd spend on four mexican hookers, you could have one HELL of a time in LOS.

Kisses,
                Terry
                Bring on the bitches!

Comment

Why did you fly Business Class on EVA? You could have flown Evergreen Deluxe on EVA for less than half of what you paid for Business and you could have had the same size seat with almost the same amount of room and just as good food as in Business. Try Eva Deluxe next time.

Comment

Working...
                  X