X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bkk-phuket,by road

I am driving from Bkk to Phuket and Krabi,any info or advice would be most welcome,especially must see places on the way.
    I am taking my ladyboy with me,i assume most hotels will welcome us,as we are together all the time?
    Any hotels with swimming pools,that would welcome a ladyboy guest ?

wow, good luck, sound like a loooong drive

hotels should be OK with you and your guest, espeically since most will be out of the touristy areas. sorry, can't recommend any on the way, I always fly to Phuket and have never been to Krabi.

Comment

I gave her the choice of flying,i was sure she would want to fly for first time,but she chose going in my pic up,we have plenty of time,so we can stop as often as we like.

Comment

I've done it several times. It's 11 hrs. It's boring as hell, no real interesting landscape. To tell you truth, I'd say just drive straight through, although I can't say I really tried looking for places to stop. Leave very early AM, like 6AM from BKK, because that road can be a little tricky and you want to do it in the daytime.

Comment

Thanks Ziggy,I was hoping to hear from someone who had done the trip,i will take your advice.
          I am pleased i am not the only person daft enough to do this trip

Comment

Why I don't take the Bus
            Attached Files

Comment

That's horrible. Where's the photo from, looks like Orientals.

Comment

A couple of my pals, 2 ladies and I got a tuk tuk once about 2 years back from phucket to bangkok, I know it sounds like a tall story but it is the truth, it took 28 hours to get to bangkok, the rear axel snapped and a back wheel kept comming off, i actually had a plane ticket to get back to bkk with but it was much more fun in the back of this little red thing,,, there were some beautiful sites, We had 2 drivers who did not sleep and kept swapping over, they charged us 6000 baht but we gave them 10k for an excellent crack, The story is one of a kind and if ever you are passing near christian massage so its on your right keep walking until you get to tonys resort and outside are the chaps who took us, theyare now a legend there!

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Aug. 20 2005,14:13)
                  That's horrible. Where's the photo from, looks like Orientals.
                  Don't really know.... it's some wacky pass-around net photo.

Comment

Working...
                  X