X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antibiotics

Does anyone know of some antibiotic names that you can buy over the counter in Bangkok. I want to take some after my Thai trip just to kill anything that I may have contracted while there.

(I saw a mention of one antibiotic on this forum but it has since been deleted....)

Zithromax (azithromycin) is what my travel doc gives me to take with me to LOS in case of travels diarrhea... however it's one of the best antibiotics for the treatment of many other infections including Chlamydia an STD that easy to catch... so it's always nice to have a 6 pack of Zithromax with me! (Just in case)

The Zithromax Z-pak can be bought without a prescription in most all drug shops in Thailand... it's locally made in the Thai Pfizer plant.

Comment

Originally posted by (Flynn @ Aug. 18 2005,21:58)
      I want to take some after my Thai trip just to kill anything that I may have contracted while there.
      It's really a bad idea to take any antibiotics if you have no sign of any infections.. Sure you may have contracted something and could pass it on to the wife or girlfriend but it's best to go see your doctor or if you want to remain anonymous just go to walk-in clinic for an STD test.

Antibiotics may be wonder drugs but they should be treated with respect and not abused. Antibiotics are toxic by nature, this is how they work, this toxicity can cause harm to your body causing liver failure and allergic reactions that can be fatal. This is why you should only take antibiotics when absolutely necessary and not as some kind of preventative maintenance. My Zithromax is prescribed by a Doctor who's an Epidemiologist and an expert on Asia and tells me that the well known antibiotic Cipro is no longer effective in Thailand. This happens when an antibiotic becomes over used killing off what it can... the resilient strains live on and reproduce remaining resilient. This is another reason why antibiotics should not be used without reason... you're only helping create resilient bacterial strains.

Comment

bam zithromnax should be taken in conjunction with ciproflaxcin 500
        milgramms zithromax(2 tabs) and 1000 milgrams ciproflaxin(4 tabs)
        having said that you should not take any antibiots if you have no symtoms or ghonoreah or nsu or what ever they call it now.
        the tabs were prescribed by my doctor friend who i often travel with. i always buy em ovber the counter in asia and have a cure just icase i have some drip drip when i get home
        in the oold days we used rifadin with vibramiacin taking 900miligrams rifadin and 200 miligrams vibramiacin(doxycycline) on the first day. then one vibramiacin everyday for a week 5 days. all the above should be taken with food or a glass of milk

Comment

Zithromax AND cipro together ??
          thats a a strong cocktail - what are you trying to cure.

Zithromax 1g (i.e 1000mg) single dose is the suggested cure for chlamydia

For Bangkok Belly (if its bad and last more than 2 days) I take Lexinor 4 tablets over 2 days. I use that since its considered a 'weak' antibiotic. You want to save the strong stuff for when you are REALLY sick.

but best advice is always talk to a Dr., remember some people have allergies to certain antibiotics and too much of them can cause liver damage.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by (donnnnny @ Aug. 20 2005,08:20)
            bam zithromnax  should be taken in conjunction with ciproflaxcin 500
            having said that you should not  take any antibiots  if you have no symtoms  or ghonoreah or nsu  or what ever they call it now.
            the tabs were prescribed by my doctor  friend who i often travel with. i always buy em ovber the counter in asia  and have a cure  just icase  i have some drip drip when i get home
            in the oold days we used  rifadin with vibramiacin taking 900miligrams rifadin and  200 miligrams vibramiacin(doxycycline) on the  first day. then one vibramiacin everyday for a week 5  days. all the above should be taken with food  or a glass of  milk
            I know you guys are only trying to help but I find it a little disturbing that we are prescribing medications to people we do not know and have no medical history without having the appropriate qualifications to do so.

Plain and simple see a doctor before shoving prescription medicines down your throat. As mentioned there are anonymous clinics if you wish to remain so.

Comment

Originally posted by
              but best advice is always talk to a Dr., remember some people have allergies to certain antibiotics and too much of them can cause liver damage.
              Exactly !!

Comment

Yes, just to reinforce what has been said - do not take antibiotics without seeing a doctor for the reasons stated previously. As a pharamacist who has worked in China and the Middle East, I can tell you that when antibiotics are freely available without prescription, resistant infections are becoming more common and dangerous.

So see a doctor if you have symptoms before popping the Zithromax, Cipro, etc. down your throat!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread
                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Your right, no need to over burden the old liver any more than it already has been....

Comment

Originally posted by (donnnnny @ Aug. 19 2005,15:20)
                    bam zithromnax  should be taken in conjunction with ciproflaxcin 500
                    Plus a few of these and you'll be all fixed up!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have just fallen down the stairs and I think I have broken my leg, I am also bleeding profusely from the head and I am starting to feel very faint. Can anyone give some advice on the next best course of act.....
                      When she walks, she’s like a samba
                      That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

Originally posted by (gunslinger @ Aug. 19 2005,22:12)
                        I have just fallen down the stairs and I think I have broken my leg, I am also bleeding profusely from the head and I am starting to feel very faint. Can anyone give some advice on the next best course of act.....
                        I would suggest 1/2 litre of Vodka and some triple sec, but please consult a professional bartender first
                        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Aug. 19 2005,22:54)
                          I would suggest 1/2 litre of Vodka and some triple sec
                          Snick the 1/2 litre of Vodka and some triple sec should be taken in conjunction with 3 litres of Canadian Club and Cock  

Comment

Originally posted by (Bam @ Aug. 23 2005,04:12)
                            Originally posted by (Snick @ Aug. 19 2005,22:54)
                            I would suggest 1/2 litre of Vodka and some triple sec
                            Snick the 1/2 litre of Vodka and some triple sec should be taken in conjunction with 3 litres of Canadian Club and Cock  
                            Well;

He sure sounds qualified to me

randyman
                            ain't life grand

Comment

Originally posted by (gunslinger @ Aug. 19 2005,23:12)
                              I have just fallen down the stairs
                              Like Mrs Fletcher, "I've fallen and I can't get up"

Comment

Working...
                              X