X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning a first trip to thailand

I am planning a trip to Thailand for the first time from Nov 25th until Dec 9th. I want to get some input from the users here about whether I should use a "Sex Tour" company or go at it alone?

If I decide to do it myself, how easy (or hard) is it to find my way around Bangkok? I've read some of the posts here regarding hotels and I don't need to stay at the best hotel, but something decently nice (and inexpensive) would be good. Also, is the food and entertainment inexpensive? What about transportation? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated for making my first trip a great experience!

Go it alone!

Soak up the expertise here.

Everything is cheap.

Don't recomend you spend the whole trip in BKK though. Spend some time in Phuket (which requires another flight) or Pattaya.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Sep. 12 2005,10:16)
      Go it alone!

Soak up the expertise here.  

Everything is cheap.

Don't recomend you spend the whole trip in BKK though.  Spend some time in Phuket (which requires another flight)  or Pattaya.
      Ok, thanks for the advice. It should be an interesting experience...how are the local people here in regards to tourists?

I was thinking of also visiting Phuket Island. Approximately how much in US$ is it to fly from Bangkok to Phuket?

Comment

[QUOTE= (aznguy68 @ Sep. 12 2005,10:41)]
        Originally posted by PigDogg,Sep. 12 2005,10:16
        Go it alone!

Ok, thanks for the advice. It should be an interesting experience...how are the local people here in regards to tourists?

I was thinking of also visiting Phuket Island. Approximately how much in US$ is it to fly from Bangkok to Phuket?
        Hello Aznguy68,

As Pigdog says - go it alone. Look around on the internet and you can get some good deals for flights and flights+hotels.

If you fly to Phuket as your out and back destination you may do better at the moment. Phuket has not yet recovered from the Dec 26th tsunarmi. Many travel companies are still offering discounts there.

You can fly from Phuket to BKK for US$148 with Thai Airways - AirPhuket may give a better deal.

Check up your flight prices/options and repost for hotel information. Someone will reply to you.

Don't be shy - someone here has already done what you are thinking of doing or has made the same mistakes already! Myself included  

The locals regarding tourists?   seen them! - don't understand them?! but hey whatever! - the Thais are laid back and 98.5% are really genuine and welcoming.

Have fun  

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

go it alone, A sex tour company won't necessarily take you to the best places, only to those where they get the biggest commission.

As its your first time I'd suggest 4 days in each of phuket, pattaya and bangkok and decide which you like best. then on your next trip (...and you will be back ) you can head straight there.

With Bangkokair you can get an open-jaw flight from Bangkok - Phuket - Pattaya and then its a 2-3 hour taxi drive (800-1000 baht) back to Bangkok
          Too old to die young!

Comment

Originally posted by (jellybean @ Sep. 17 2005,19:15)
            then on your next trip (...and you will be back ) you can head straight there.
            It wasn't till trip #6 that I got around to Phuket and Samui, a big mistake.

Comment

Go alone!

I have been there many times and never have any problems at all.

If you start booking NANA hotel in Bangkok you have a good start. Close to Nana Plaza ( best plaze in Bangkok for sex/LB ), close to sky train that can take you to Siam ( shopping centre and food).

When you go to Patong og to Patong (no need to go to the other towns), try to stay close to Bangla Road ( main street and where you pick up girls/LB ). A great place to start with hotel can be the next street abowe Bangla Road. Small and cheap hotels, and you can walk a short walk to the beach/sex bars and discos.

Usualy I spend about 120USD a day. Thats included hotel (with aircondition and a pool), atleast one girl/LB a night, all the food for me and my date, and all drinks and bar fine ( dont drink to much ).

Just some info for newcommers......
              Do not marry a Thai girl.
              Use for 3 days only!

Comment

I did my first trip alone in May, was bloody hooked after that, always great response on this forum if u need help, either that or they will take the piss outta u ! hehehe.... I did Phuket back then and it was great, only mistake i made was taking a GG with me... good company but did not miss a trick when my eyes went wandering, especially at the LB's !

Went back in Aug and Stogie was a top bloke and took me around Nana where i eventually discovered my first LB experience with the lovely Noon. Did not manage to get to Pattaya due to a mid vacation business trip to South China.

Now I am returning about the same time as you... I get in on 25th Nov and there till 6th Dec, cant wait and deffo doin the Pattaya stint this time

Like they say, get there and make the mistakes...It all makes for a better experience in the end...... Just look out for yr wallet and cell phone with some of them when they send u off for a shower !

You will have a blast, but beware, if u get hooked like me then prepare to change yr life ! hehehehehehe [Stogie - Finishing off house ready for sale !.... just gotta find that job opportunity in LOS now ]

Comment

Originally posted by (Scooby @ Sep. 20 2005,00:07)
                  Just look out for yr wallet and cell phone with some of them when they send u off for a shower !
                  This have never happend to me, take å shower together.
                  Most of the girls are not bad girls, so dont be over protective.
                  You have insurance, and a new camera/videocamera and phone is nice to get from the insurance company......
                  Do not marry a Thai girl.
                  Use for 3 days only!

Comment

Better clarify this.... It never happened with a LB just those cheap GG's hehehe

Comment

I would blow off phuket and go to BKK (bangkok) and pattaya. Phuket is nice but you have to deal with the airport, transfers and it is about an hour drive from Phuket airport to patong in Phuket. phuket is nice but I think Pattaya makes more sence b/c it is so close to BKK. After a couple of days on each place you should have had your fill. I am a golfer and BKK and Pattaya have the best golf courses in the Country. Also cannot beat the food in BKK (pattay and phuket--so so food). The people are the best part of the trip. They are all very nice. Also the Thai service is nothing like you ever experienced in the West. I try to stay at nice hotels and they are cheap compared to US nice hotels. I live in Miami, Florida so the weather and beach are no big deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by (reflectionsgold @ Sep. 23 2005,05:45)
                        I am a golfer and BKK and Pattaya have the best golf courses in the Country.
                        Can you recommend a course or two on which to experience the beauty and challenge of thai golf? I'm a 13 handicapper and will need to borrow/rent clubs at the course - or somewhere! cause there's no way I'm hauling my own clubs over there. I'll be hitting Bangkok and Phuket and....where else I don't yet know...for 3 weeks at the end of october/early november and would love to get in a couple rounds somewhere between the lb sessions. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X