Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news

Geez.... red at this!

BANGKOK: -- The Thai prime minister said that he has put Thailand€™s major tourist spots on full alert today, hinting of links between Muslim militants in the south of the kingdom and the terrorists who staged the latest Bali bombings.

€œWe have something (information) that causes us to be very cautious and call a full alert,€ Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said in response to a question about how Thailand was reacting to suicide bombs on the Indonesian resort island of Bali that killed 26 people on Saturday.

Except to say that plainclothes security officials would be dispatched into the tourist areas, Thaksin did not provide details of the alert or the information which prompted it.

Key tourist spots in Thailand include the island of Phuket, the seaside resort of Pattaya and several sites in the capital.

Thailand is battling its own militants in southern Thailand and Thaksin has so far characterised it as a domestic issue not tied to regional or international terrorism. More than 1,000 people have died since the separatist insurgency erupted early last year.

But the prime minister changed his tune today.

€œBy (geography) it seems that they are far apart but actually along sea routes Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia are close. These people (terrorists) are commuting and rotating around in the region,€ he told reporters.

€œThese people have been moving among these countries for generations. They have close connections and links. Their linkages come from relatives, friends and they used to go the same schools.€

He said the alert was ordered because of such links.

Last week, a security adviser to Taksin said that Indonesian fighters are involved in the southern insurgency.

€œI have warned the authorities concerned several times about Indonesian fighters sneaking into the region but they have ignored it,€ Gen. Kitti Rattanachaya said, saying the militants infiltrated from the Indonesian province of Aceh.

In another recent interview, a veteran Thai rebel leader warned that militants from Indonesia and Arab nations might join the Thai fight for a separate Muslim homeland if the government continued a crackdown against the southern Muslims that is provoking a new generation of fighters.

Lukman Lima said that the 21-month-old insurgency is getting moral and financial support from abroad, especially from Islamic sympathisers in Malaysia and Saudi Arabia. But he said weapons are being obtained locally and wielded by Thai Muslims.

--Reuters, TV New Zealand, IOL 2005-10-03

Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Yes, I became aware of that yesterday when I went to the MBK Mall and there was a big sign that said "please excuse the bag search,it is for your protection."

The sign was right in front of an empty desk....there was of course no actual bag search.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

not surprised Saudis are supporting them. They are supposed to be our allies too. What a joke. More just business partners with certain high ranking current and former members of our govt. Gee, I hope that isn't political to say.    I know it is not the royal family that cares about or supports the separatists in South Thailand, or at least admittedly. Though they sure don't seem to do much to quell the terrorist supporters that call their country home.

Comment

I was in the philippines when they had all those kidnappings of tourist and I was in mindinao where the rebel are from so take my advice keep your eyes open and try to have a good time

Comment

Cant we just all get along, we are all human, maybee we need an alien invasion to change our ways.
          jeffreyscott

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Oct. 03 2005,16:30)
            Yes, I became aware of that yesterday when I went to the MBK Mall and there was a big sign that said "please excuse the bag search,it is for your protection."

The sign was right in front of an empty desk....there was of course no actual bag search.
            I laughed out loud at that! (First time that has happened in a while!)

Comment

Originally posted by (limpdick @ Oct. 04 2005,12:27)
              Cant we just all get along, we are all human, maybee we need an alien invasion to change our ways.
              I have thought of that very idea since I was a small child. The answer to the troubles here on earth can be fixed by some nasties from outside of it!

Comment

[QUOTE]Cant we just all get along, we are all human, maybee we need an alien invasion to change our ways.

Be carefull what you wish for guys . This maybe the next step for the "Big Meanies" a faked alien threat with more and more control
                on over our lives . "We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order. " --David Rockefeller , Founder and Honorary Chairman of the Trilateral Commission the Council on Foreign Relations and a real big meanie . Or maybe I just listen to to much to Art Bell . You U.S. guys know who Im talking about if you listen to late night radio .

Comment

Ok - you are an extraterrestrial. Your civilizations is tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of years old. You have invented faster than light travel, and you must have infinite or near infinite access to energy (space ships don't run on oil).

Your computing power must also be enormous compared to ours, and if you chose you could monitor and track everything we do with molecular sized cameras and computers.

Why is the name of FUCK would you want to conquer this crappy little planet.

Any ET with slightest bit of common sense, would stick a warning buoy at the edge of our solar system and leave at Warp 11.

"Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by
                    Because we have ladyboys, and they don't!?
                    Mister Arse

Comment

Originally posted by (Stewart @ Oct. 04 2005,21:33)
                      Because we have ladyboys, and they don't!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by (Stewart @ Oct. 04 2005,19:33)
                        Originally posted by
                        Damn it, beat me to the punchline!
                        Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Originally posted by (post-op lover @ Oct. 06 2005,01:47)
                          Originally posted by (Stewart @ Oct. 04 2005,19:33)
                          Originally posted by
                          Damn it, beat me to the punchline!
                          Triple DAMNIT!!! I scrolled down and was like no! thats what I was going to say, oh well I'll just quote him...scroll some more...damit not again!

Comment

Looker,

Just a little transposition of facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            1000 people have been killed in the last 100 years and its a shame,but not in one year! (Bkk Post, NY Times, LA Times,ect)
                            This thing in the south has been going on a long time, hell I won't wander about down there at all.
                            But I will be damned if I will let "terror" of any sort rule my life.
                            I live in Bkk part time and I use common sense and never have had a problem. I like what Snick said about the MBK and her handbag!  Sorry if I seem on a bandwagon
                            incher -  Thank you for the advice, that I would not pass on.

Comment

Working...
                            X