• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up 2 u

AC-5000/mo
    Fan 2500/mo

water, electric, extra

no pool, no fone, no pets

Looks like a good deal for the low budget ex-pat.
    Attached Files

Where are they located Pigg? Any feedback on how they look on the inside?

Comment

It's near Soi Buckaow. And has in room safes too. Has rerig.
      You need to supply sheets and towels like in any apartment.

In room safe sets it apart from other low end deals.

Brand new; my guess is rates will go up soon.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bathroom
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you gonna grab one Pigg?

Sorry man, but where is Soi Buckaow?

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Oct. 02 2005,03:43)
            AC-5000/mo
            Fan 2500/mo

water, electric, extra

no pool, no fone, no pets

Looks like a good deal for the low budget ex-pat.
            Thanks for the info, Mr King-of-the-Road. BTW, it's: no fone, no pool, no pets...

Sounds like a place where: you could be happy if you put your mind to it.

At those rates though, seriously, you could pay for a month and even if you only stayed there for two weeks it would be a good deal I think.

3rd boxcar, midnight train...

Comment

Contact person is Yuphin 092522938

Comment

"No phone, no pool, no pets
                I aint got no cigarettes,
                Ah, but two hours of pushing broom
                Buys an eight by twelve four bit room"

"I am a man of means, by no means
                King of the Road"

Hopefully, this looks some better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by (jockey @ Oct. 02 2005,11:11)
                  Are you gonna grab one Pigg?

Sorry man, but where is Soi Buckaow?    
                  Nah, i'm stuck in the usa for awhile. But this place seems a cut above others at that price point.

soi buckaow runs parallel to 2nd road, there's a baht buses running on that soi. popular area for bargirls and low budget expats.

if i were moving to pattaya, first stop would be a low budget hotel like the kingfisher (formerly the chokita which was formerly the somara) and then i'd look at dozens of places.

Comment

pigdogg where is the kingfisher hotel never heard of this place also i will go look at the rooms next week at the up to you and post a report here.

Comment

Mandy, The kingfisher is on Soi Yensabai, the part of Soi Yensabai that's paralell to Sunee (not the part that's perpendicular to Sunee). From Hollywood disco head south and soon after the passageway that has a divider is the Kingfisher. i dunno if this makes sense.

A year ago it was the Somara, then 2/3 of it became the Ckokita , now the Kingfisher. The other 1/3 is Monty's Bed & Beakfast which might even be a better deal in that breakfast is thrown in and you have use of Monty's gay pool about 4-5 minutes away.

But I prefer a sex-neutral hotel to one where you have to pass thru a gay bar to get to your room.

i believe the kingfisher rooms are 500 for a small room and 600 for a large room. everything is brand new, nice tile floors, an in room safe. yensabai condo pool is a minute away where u can swim laps for 100 baht.

Comment

Good post about Pattaya apartments. You can get a really good deal for about 4k - 5k a month. This includes A/C and a very new clean place with key cards and all night security.

A bit of footwork is required to find these places though.

When Kui moved out there earlier this year that's exactly what we did and amongst the nasty places we found some goldmines with really friendly staff and owners.

And these places are being built all the time, too. Loads of construction going on in the main roads that skirt all the action at the beach.

Comment

thanks for the info guys i am booked in to the areca again but at 1190 a night i cannot afford to stay the whole month there,so i just want a nice clean air con room with tv fridge and shower.
                          i have stayed bliss mansion before good size rooms fair price but i am sure the bed had bed lice i was itching all night,also stayed at bella vista i get a room there 500 a night as i no the staff but it is right over some bars and load untill 3ish.
                          so i have a few places around soi bukhaow i like and up to you at the price is very cheap so i might see,also a friend told me about a place called holiday mansion on soi chalemprakiat13.that is supposed to be nice i will check out and another place inn town hotel on soi10 which is soi honey inn.
                          anyone with any info on these places or a recomendation would be very much apreciated. mandy

Comment

Kingfisher is a 1200+ baht hotel at 600 baht. I like the big rooms, 25 sq metres, small room only 15.
                            I don't think anyone, even the high end guys here would be disapointed with the room quality.
                            Downside is the location.

A bonus when it was the chokita or somara was the empty fridge. my guess is that it's stil empty and no rip off mini bar.

Comment

yensabai mansion AB has rooms for 6000b, it is located on top of soi vc. head left right before the you have to turn left for hollywood disco. big rooms, aircon and tv.
                              yensabai mansion D, is on top of soi yensabai, think they have the same rent.
                              also as mentioned before, romppthong condo, opposite of k-boys gogo have ac rooms for 5k.

when renting a room also have to pay one month deposit.
                              i would say that for those who use aircon alot it probably will be same same pricewise if you choose apt or hotel. electricity is quite expensice in los.

for the ultimate location, 19th hole apt/hotel. this is where most of jenny lbs are living too. located right jennys. small fan rooms for 2900 and bigger aircon rooms for 3700 a month. furnished but no tv. daily rates are 200b

Comment

Working...
                              X