Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lefty

Check your PMs for my number please, and do let me know when you get in

If you already have a tri-band GSM-network phone (unlocked from your USA provider - do a Google search for unlock codes if it is not) you are almost 'good to go' when you arrive in Thailand

With your unlocked tri-band phone, all you need to do is buy a sim card and top-up card in the arrivals section at Don Muang - prices for sim card and number slightly higher than other locations in town (being the airport, after all) but it's nice to have telephone capability from the moment you hit the ground

While 'top up' cards are usually available at any 7-11 store, I always purchase a 500 bt card on arrival at the airport - usually sees me through a week of frequent usage if you are sensible in combining sms with voice and refrain from any overseas calls

My provider is 1-2-Call but I hear DTAC is good also

Don't forget to change your phone band selection from GSM 1900 (which most USA providers use for their GSM networks) to GSM 900/1800 for Thailand

If you do not have a GSM phone, best purchase location I have seen is 4F MBK which has great selection of used phones

Hope to hear from you when you arrive

Comment

Hi Thick,
      Sorry, I just realized today that you had responded also in this thread. I stopped checking it after 2-3 days. Should have looked longer.

Comment

Working...
      X