X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants

hey all of you BKK/Pattaya expats. Can you recommend any great non tourist Thai restaurants in either of these two cities. I am sick of the same three places I eat on Sukhamvit. You know we have to eat in between chasing ladyboys at NaNa.

There are millions, but I can't stand Thai food so I don't know any! I'm sure loads of people here do though...

If this thread gets a few good responses I'll move it to the travel section!

Comment

After you've caught and nailed the ladyboy you're chasin, ask her if she knows a good place and then take her there. Then take her back to the hotel and let here watch Thai TV and then let her fall asleep.
      After that, a shity stick wont keep here away from you, (and no i don't mean that shity stick)
      When she walks, she’s like a samba
      That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

Hope the occasional farang - probably enjoying the famous spicy curry crab along with his or her Thai friends & family - will not be a disqualifier for you in going to one of the Somboon Seafood restaurants

Four branches - Bangna (Sukhumvit 103), Ratchada Rd (next to Huay Kwang MTR station), Surawong Rd (near the business district), and Pathumwan (Bantadthong Rd) - make this famous Chinese chain an easy favorite to enjoy

Do a Google search "Somboon Seafood review" for more info

Comment

If you go into an upscale resteraunt there will be a free little monthly booklet that covers the resteraunts, this is a great resource.

Specific places
          Indian Soi 18
          French/Thai-Fusion Soi 39 (N side, 250 meters down)
          Somboon Seafood as per thick81
          Bali Seafood
          Japanese Thong Lor (55) area. Thong Lor 13 + 15
          Japanese Soi 26 (E side of Emporium)
          American Ribs Soi 36
          Indian, Akhbars on Soi 3
          Vietnamese Soi 23, Dalat

I could go on and on, the food in this town is great
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Here's a little tip I'd like to relate in answer to the first posting. Take your LB of choice to this restaurant and she will think that you are very smart. Papaya is it's name and it is on Rama 1X Road, Soi 19, 02-719-7844/5. open from 4 pm to 1 am. This place is, in my opinion, the best place in Bangkok to go for Issan food. The food there is hot and spicey so like I advise it's better to go there with an LB from Issan who will help you with ordering. Unless you speak Thai you run the risk of burning a hole in the roof of your mouth if you go it alone. Since so many of the LB'S in and around Nana are from Issan Province they will like the fact that you know of such a place. The benefits from your taking them here will manifest themselves later at your room, trust me on this point. Also, the best place, other than the street stands that make it in front of you for Som Tam Salad is I Din Glin Krok Rest. Siam Square, Soi 2 02-252-0331, 11 am to 9 pm. Here you make your own with all the things that really spice it up or down depending on your liking. Every LB that I have taken there always ask the same quesion "How you know this place?" Hope these little tips help make your dining and sexual pleasure that much better. Enjoy.

Comment

Great, man! Actually wanted to keep it as my secret, but as you ame up with, I can only recommend it too! Great Issaan food - which I LOVE!!! Can't be spicy enough!
              If someone likes Chinese food - the real one not the "farang" crap: The fabulous JOKE CLUB at Soi 11 (right side about 50m coming from Sukh.). The best Pad Thai at Thip Samai (313 Thanon Mahachai, +662221680). "Le Lys" at Lang Suan 3, has quite an inspired fusion. Le Cafe Siam is located in a beautiful old house at Soi Aksorn, near Soi Bamphen.
              Lao food at the Vientiane Kitchen on Sukhumvit Soi 36. Vietnamese, like Snick mentioned already at the Le Dalat, and Le Dalat Indochine (02 661 7967) both on Sukhumvit Soi 23 located in an old house or the modern one at Lang Suan - sorry, I forgot the name but itr's easy to find.
              I also love the Issaan street food, which caters only for the girls in the night - especially around Patpong or Ratchada!
              BKK is a culinary Mekka - if you are interested in something else than burgers or fries!

MK
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

ooops..... and before I forget it, of course the great:

Hualamphong Food Station (Isaan, eg.Thai-Laotian kitchen in an old teakwood house)
                92/1 Sukhumvit 34 (sorry I don't have a phone number)
                If you can find the Taurus Brew House on Soi 26 (which is actually also fun to go there in a group and VERY Thai!) you're fine. There is a small soi running down one side of it and you can just follow the signs for the restaurant all the way there. If you don't speak Thai, they're the green ones with yellow arrows and writing. It's quite a long way into the soi, but this has the advantage of allowing Hualamphong to retain the quiet, out-of-the-city feel that it had at its previous location, while actually being right in the middle of town. Attention: Last orders for food 10:00pm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 28 2005,00:34)
                  There are millions, but I can't stand Thai food so I don't know any! I'm sure loads of people here do though...

Your Still noy inyo the food Stoogie....... I miss it... Thai food here in the UK Just aint the same.....
                  Up The Ass Of Every Successful Business Man Lies a Ladboys Thick Long Cock!

Comment

Originally posted by (Bit Beefy @ Sep. 28 2005,07:38)

Your Still noy inyo the food Stoogie.......    I miss it... Thai food here in the UK Just aint the same.....
                    Any decent chippy's in Bkk

Sorry
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Originally posted by (daveduke007 @ Sep. 28 2005,20:06)
                      Originally posted by (Bit Beefy @ Sep. 28 2005,07:38)

Your Still noy inyo the food Stoogie.......    I miss it... Thai food here in the UK Just aint the same.....
                      Any decent chippy's in Bkk  

Sorry    
                      Im on the look for a good kebab

Comment

soi 8pattaya, chicken kebabs go down well late at night after a few drinks

Comment

Beefy, the best Kebap I know is at the corner of the "tunnel" and Soi 5. There is a guy standing on the street - not a Thai, which's funny - selling Kebap, like in Istanbul!

MK

Comment

Originally posted by (mandyts @ Sep. 29 2005,22:44)
                            soi 8pattaya, chicken kebabs go down well late at night after a few drinks
                            I need more than a few drinks to stomach that one... I ate it once lol Bloated is not the word, and Chewy is an understatement if one is describing the meat I will how ever hit them up when im there next week.....

Comment

Originally posted by (Mai-Kee @ Sep. 29 2005,22:57)
                              Beefy, the best Kebap I know is at the corner of the "tunnel" and Soi 5. There is a guy standing on the street - not a Thai, which's funny - selling Kebap, like in Istanbul!

MK
                              So wheres this guy from MK lol

Comment

Working...
                              X