X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa information

I went to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. From what I gather is that I do not need an advance visa prior to entering the country if I have a USA passport. It seems I can apply for a visa upon landing - just wanted to confirm that this is correct.
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Correct, visa on entry is valid for up to 30 days.

Cheers
    Too old to die young!

Comment

What you need to know!
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Jellybean!

Very helpful post Stogie! I'm sure that will be useful to other travelers on the board as well.
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

You will be been given a small visa card to fill out on the plane prior to landing. When you arrive you just go to the immigration line and hand the guy your passport. You don't have to say anything except hello. He will just stamp your passport and staple half of the card into your passport.. This is the visa... they remove it when you exit the country. I've never been asked anything by immigration... no questions at all... they just stamp, staple, and hand it back to me... less the 30 seconds I've cleared Immigration... as for customs they never check me... they seem to be checking Thai's and other Asian people. Last time i arrived late at night there was no customs at all.... everyone just walked out...  

The other thing is your going to think it's hot when you get off the plane and enter the airport... however this is not really hot as the airport is air-conditioned ... when you exit the airport the real heat and humidity will hit you... your going to say "holly FUCK is it ever hot out here!"   But it's a nice kind of hot....  it makes you realize that you've arrived in the Land of Smiles  and you've got one hell of a great time waiting just ahead of you!  

Comment

The way you describe it, Bam, makes me want to leave the country for a while so I can get that feeling again when I come back!

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Nov. 26 2005,18:19)
              Mostly rich nations of Europe and the rich Gulf arab states, but I'm really surprised to see Peru, Philippines and Vietnam!

Comment

Is it really all that humid in December/January? The one thing I don't deal well with is humidity...

Comment

Working...
                X