Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical Voltage & Power outlets in Thailand?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Voltage & Power outlets in Thailand?

What type of voltage do they use in BKK? I'm coming from the US and will likely bring my phone, camera, MP3 player, etc... Do I need to buy an adapter, and if so, what one? Any help would be apprecaited! Thanks!
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Don't worry about it. You'll be way to busy Sucking and Fucking Ladyboys dude.
    Have fun bro, carry your wallet in your front pocket not your back pocket.
    When Ya' going?
    My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

US products will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by (dummy_plug @ Dec. 14 2005,22:14)
        Do I need to buy an adapter, and if so, what one?
        I was curious about this too...

Comment

Mostly 220V

But i just checked, two signs one for 220v and one for 110v

Comment

Most hotels have the most amazing looking receptacle plug I've ever seen. It's made so that anything will fit it... any plug in the world. I always found that to be a funny thing when you think about it... it's just so Thai.. Anything goes...

The Thai "Up to you" Plug
            Attached Files

Comment

The Thai plug is willing to mate with any of you boy plugs from around the world. Big cocks, little cocks, flat cocks, square cocks, anything goes... up to you....
              Attached Files

Comment

Thailand is 220V vs. 110V in the USA

Many devices these days will operate at 110-220V, BUT NOT ALL. just look at the back of the transformer and see what is written there, it should say input xxx-zzz VAC.

If it only says 110, or 100-120 you will need a 'step down transformer' to convert Thai 220V to USA 110V.

Physically thailand uses the same plug as the USA (most of the time - there are always expections )
                "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Just look at the back of the device. If it says 100-240V ~ this means it can run on any input voltage from 100 volts to 240 volts without needing any transformer.

Photo below is from an HP Laptop Computer power supply. It can safely be plugged into any voltage in that range, Since Thailand is 220 volts you'll be just fine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sony Video Camera power pack... same thing!
                    Attached Files

Comment

This Ericsson phone power pack is strictly 120 volts. This would be damaged if connected to 220 volts!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I bought a travel charger for my phone that was 100-240V and it was also much lighter in weight too.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to everyone who posted here. Your info has been very useful!
                          I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

you guys must get out more!?                

Comment

Originally posted by (allstar88 @ Dec. 18 2005,03:14)
                              you guys must get out more!?                
                              You guys in the UK don't have to worry about Voltage in Thailand since it's the same as you.

Years ago when I worked for the Phone Company I remember the sound a computer made when a tech accidentally connected it to 240volts. This computer was set for 120volts and what a bang it made! The capacitors in the power supply were literally blown to shreds. It sounded like a shot gun going off. Scared the shit out of a few people too  

Comment

Working...
                              X